Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Liking the translated trees here. Thanks for the hard work and posting them up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Nah, everyone just went straight for PP Charge Revival and Photon Flare. Why take elements when you can take a crazy good PP maintenance ability (MORE RESTA! MORE NUKES!) and a button that turns you into an uber glass cannon for up to one minute (Max HP temporarily decreased, tech power skyrockets)? The elemental boosts paled in comparison to the other stuff, frankly.

I suspect that level 30 builds will be element focused, but as the cap goes up people will probably end up in one primary element and a secondary or something, or they might go balanced and take the non-elemental. I like it more this way, the old one practically demanded you sink points into the leftmost part above all else.

It's worth remembering that we know there are multiple light techs, and almost certainly wind and dark techs, which are not boosted by the element skills. (On the other hand, Foie with all the fire boost skills will probably hit like a TRUCK.)
    I'm not so sure. Thinking long term (level 100+ and beyond), this move simply prolongs the inevitable route many will probably take: Digging through the trees for the PP Charge skill and any other non-element related skills they want, then focus on an element (at least this is what I'm considering).

As for Photon Flare, in the long run I'm not sure how big a difference 200 magic attack (level 10) will be when we're very high leveled characters. If it were a percentage that'd be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I'm not so sure. Thinking long term (level 100+ and beyond), this move simply prolongs the inevitable route many will probably take: Digging through the trees for the PP Charge skill and any other non-element related skills they want, then focus on an element (at least this is what I'm considering).

As for Photon Flare, in the long run I'm not sure how big a difference 200 magic attack (level 10) will be when we're very high leveled characters. If it were a percentage that'd be a different story.
    200 would be a fair bit in previous games. Not night and day, but a serious buff.

I think the tree offers many possible ways to build - I need all the numbers to decide, and numbers are easy to buff.
    Coming Soon!

nice, I used this kinda thing a lot back on ragnarok online, it'd be great if you could add a description for the skills functions on mouse over too

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    200 would be a fair bit in previous games. Not night and day, but a serious buff.

I think the tree offers many possible ways to build - I need all the numbers to decide, and numbers are easy to buff.
    Well looking at PSO 1 for example, the difference between a FOnewearl and FOnewmen at the end of the game was only 250 MST, and the damage difference in Ultimate was not very significant. But I suppose this is a new game and we've only seen up to level 30.

I hope this isn't too out of place for the thread, but I have a question about the skill tree itself and how it works. Are you able to branch out into more than one field from the starting position? Or, to go further, will you eventually be able to fill the entire tree with skill points?

Also, is there a knowledgebase somewhere to see what the different skills do?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSpark View Post
    I hope this isn't too out of place for the thread, but I have a question about the skill tree itself and how it works. Are you able to branch out into more than one field from the starting position? Or, to go further, will you eventually be able to fill the entire tree with skill points?
    It's not very likely that you'll be able to fill the entire skill tree.

As for the planner, I noticed it tells you that you're over the limit but still lets you drop points in skills. It might be better if it stops you from placing new skills when you reach the limit.

A bug also happens when you reset the tree. Instead of 0/30, which is the default, you get -1/30 and that lets you place one extra skill point.

I believe it was already mentioned that you'll never be able to fill out any of the skill trees.
    They're probably going to be changed and tweaked many times in the early life of PSO2, and expand as the level cap expands.

I'm really liking the Fo and Hu tree much better then before.
    Thanks for the wonderful translation!!

That's a nice tool, there, I hope you will let PSOW and Arkive use it.

It takes 20 skill points to get Jellen Shot Lv1, ouch, I think SEGA realised how good that was.

It's going to be really hard to get both Jellen Shot and Weak Hit/Bullet, as they are poles apart

Oh, and 'resetted' is not a word.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jun 16, 2012 at 06:09 AM.

I knew that sounded odd somehow... :V

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I
    As for the planner, I noticed it tells you that you're over the limit but still lets you drop points in skills. It might be better if it stops you from placing new skills when you reach the limit.

A bug also happens when you reset the tree. Instead of 0/30, which is the default, you get -1/30 and that lets you place one extra skill point.
    #1: Intended, this makes it easier to play around with stuff that are deeper down the skill tree. It's better to skill what you want and then just get the SP from somewhere else than it would be the other way around imo.
    #2: Will be fixed with the next update, thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Gardios; Jun 16, 2012 at 07:42 AM.