Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast
    Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    You really don't think they'll add more skills as the level cap increases? Guaranteed that there will be corresponding skills for each of the other elements on the force tree and weapons for Hunter, more Bullet attacks are likely for Ranger, plus they already said they planned it so you won't be able to get every skill, it'd be stupid if everyone ended up the same
    Hunters have the least point investment required for their skills, and it also seems that the weapon gears are exclusive to them. Even when they add more gears for new weapons, those skills will only cost 1 more skill point per.

Based on what we have in the trees right NOW:

Hunter: 157 points needed
    Ranger: 173 points needed
    Force: 192 points needed

I'm pretty sure there won't be more than 33 new melee weapons coming into the game. But maybe they plan on linking something beyond the gears to further improve the specialization of your weapons. Who knows.

Also, I don't think that the skill tree will evolve that much just because of increasing level cap since there are already over 150 points you could possibly spend.

If skill trees do change, it will be because of new weapons and spells coming into the game.

That being said, force is probably going to have the hardest choice to make since I don't see anything in ther tree for grants or megid, and I want to assume those spells are still in the game.

I just feel that constant modifications to the talent tree will end up becoming a big hastle. If big changes are made to talent trees, then that pretty much calls for a SP reset everytime they change the trees. It doesn't seem practical to me.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

So wait, as a Force, if I just put 1 skill point into Bolt Mastery 1, it raises it 101%, and if I put 10sp into it, 120%? It's not just 1% to 20%? Cause it just one skillpoint into it raises it by 100%, would I be able to put 1 point into each element, then have +100% more damage for foie, zonde, and barta? I'd be a little weaker than someone specialized, but still be a pretty powerful balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Definitely not before OB - I'm pretty busy during the week thanks to college... In the mean time, use the link TerminalMontage has posted and use Google-Translate-Fu.
    Yep, that's what I've been doing, and it's no issue, again it's a great tool and I applaud you for taking the time to make it!
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic71167_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera View Post
    Also, I don't think that the skill tree will evolve that much just because of increasing level cap since there are already over 150 points you could possibly spend.

If skill trees do change, it will be because of new weapons and spells coming into the game.

I just feel that constant modifications to the talent tree will end up becoming a big hastle. If big changes are made to talent trees, then that pretty much calls for a SP reset everytime they change the trees. It doesn't seem practical to me.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    I didn't really mean that it will increase because of the level cap it will just increase in size as time goes by which will also be happening alongside level cap increases but I see why you would misinterpret that as me saying that... I may have worded it wrong

also it seems very practical for SEGA to change the skill trees to add more skills as it would "encourage" people to buy skill tree resets which means more money in their pockets... I could see it very easily happening like that. it seems like a shifty game mechanic but a lucrative business tactic. It does suck but it could very well happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalMontage View Post
    So wait, as a Force, if I just put 1 skill point into Bolt Mastery 1, it raises it 101%, and if I put 10sp into it, 120%? It's not just 1% to 20%? Cause it just one skillpoint into it raises it by 100%, would I be able to put 1 point into each element, then have +100% more damage for foie, zonde, and barta? I'd be a little weaker than someone specialized, but still be a pretty powerful balance.
    No, 100% is your base, the 120% would be a 20% increase in damage from base (your damage without the skill)... that would be way too OP if it worked the way you were thinking.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Thank you for the hunter build .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    No, 100% is your base, the 120% would be a 20% increase in damage from base (your damage without the skill)... that would be way too OP if it worked the way you were thinking.

Sorry to burst your bubble
    Hah just wanted to be sure, thanks! I knew it seemed to good to be true, so I guess that goes for every skill that says it increases by 100something%

thanks for the hunter tree.

got my builds setup for my HUmar and RAcast now.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

This needs to be stickied, methinks.

Yes this needs to be stickied. All that could be added to this now is skill descriptions including the information of each skill level for each skill.

If you wont have the time to add in the skill descriptions you should put up the Japanese wiki link and tell people to translate it with google ect.

BTW was the Iron Will skill removed from the force tree in Pre-OB? That skill could be a life saver.

Anyways thanks again, I have my skills on my trip to lvl 40 planned out thanks to this.
    Last edited by Lumir; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM.