Default Controller question

I didnt get into too much into beta, found out bout it friday evening, downloaded it and had it running by saturday morning when i got up. I started playing with just keyboard and mouse just out of pure excitement, so then i decided to plug my controller in (which is a usb to a PS2 controller port) so i could really play. Didnt seem to connect so i went to my application tab in windows and under the PSO2 was a program all in japanese so i figured hey maybe its some settings (last MMO i played on pc with controller was FF14 and thats how that was) but since i dont read japanese and its now 8am and was half awake it was the uninstall program...... DOH!!! so im all back set up for the 21st but im wondering is there any guides for setting up a controller in game like pso 1 and BB was or is it with the inital settings where u set up the video stuff and graphic output. I tryed youtube for a guide and searched the net a bit but came up short.

P.S. sorry for rambling and length

MotioninJoy Gamepad tool (DS3 Tool) > Xbox 360 Controller Emulator > Enjoy.
    There's also Playstation controller support in pso2 settings but it didn't work for me.
    PM me if there's any questions regarding setting up the PS controller i'd be glad to help you out.

well ive tryed to hook up a ps3 or 360 controller to pc but with my controller now it works fine. I was just wondering where the controller setup for the game was so i dont go and accidently uninstall it again like a goof

The controller setup is in the in-game options.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Thanks, i didnt get to delve that much into the actual game so wasnt sure

Quote Originally Posted by FrostNova View Post
    MotioninJoy Gamepad tool (DS3 Tool) > Xbox 360 Controller Emulator > Enjoy.
    There's also Playstation controller support in pso2 settings but it didn't work for me.
    PM me if there's any questions regarding setting up the PS controller i'd be glad to help you out.
    So far TERA is the only game I've seen officially support a PS3 controller IN PS3 mode. And even that doesn't work right (buttons 1/2 are switched, as are 3/4, and 9/10/11). However, setting a PS3 controller to Xbox emulation seems to work in nearly every game, its what I had to do for PSO2.

Looking for team. And I'm not satisfied with my sig.

i actually only had to hook up the controller to the pc, turn on ds3 tool "motionjoy" select 360 controller emulation and use it, didnt have to do anything on the game itself.

but i realised that is really hard to play using a gamepad, aiming is slower and well less precice. so it will be the first pso that i actualy play with mouse/kb.

funny huh?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Auto assign is for boring people.

Just set the UI to PlayStation buttons and assign buttons functions through the setup manually.

However PSO2 also has a function that makes it read buttons as other buttons on the controller. Its a strange function. It causes people a lot of grief. I think its there to correct Driver compatibility issues or something.

On my logitech controller, it said 1 was 2, 2 was 1, 3 was 4 and 4 was 3. I did get it to read each button as it was written on my controller after a bit of tinkering.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    i actually only had to hook up the controller to the pc, turn on ds3 tool "motionjoy" select 360 controller emulation and use it, didnt have to do anything on the game itself.

but i realised that is really hard to play using a gamepad, aiming is slower and well less precice. so it will be the first pso that i actualy play with mouse/kb.

funny huh?
    I found it easier using gamepad instead of keyboard/mouse especially with hunter not sure about ranger haven't tried yet only thing i disliked was lack of skill buttons while playing with force. One solution would be using different button combinations like in RH i.e O+L1 O+R1 etc...