View Poll Results: Which ship should be picked?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll

6 6.59%
  • Staying at 2, nopenopenope

61 67.03%

4 4.40%

6 6.59%

1 1.10%

0 0%

7 7.69%

1 1.10%

0 0%

5 5.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke154 View Post
    ship 3,5,7 are the best choices for a backup ship, 1,6,8,9,10 are gonna be the most populated by Japanese users,
    4 and 9 are considered unlucky numbers in Japanese superstitions+^_^+ 4 means death in moonspeak and 9 means suffering in moonspeak+^_^+ or something along those lines+^_^+ i recall in Pre-OBT that in that last couple hours (whiling i was till puzzling why i could only load 5 characters) ship one was yellow with different symbols then the green or gray ones+^_^+ kinda think that might have meant "full" +^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    You should've left out ship 2 as a choice
    But it's funny watching people being stubborn, knowing they'll spend an eternity waiting anyways.

Legendary Maverick Hunter Zeke154's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    4 and 9 are considered unlucky numbers in Japanese superstitions+^_^+ 4 means death in moonspeak and 9 means suffering in moonspeak+^_^+ or something along those lines+^_^+ i recall in Pre-OBT that in that last couple hours (whiling i was till puzzling why i could only load 5 characters) ship one was yellow with different symbols then the green or gray ones+^_^+ kinda think that might have meant "full" +^_^+
    my mistake nine is lucky in chinese culture but in japanese its unlucky.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    But it's funny watching people being stubborn, knowing they'll spend an eternity waiting anyways.
    I'm in Rose-Arachnid anyway. Did you guys settle on a ship?
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    Except that's not going to happen, because the grand majority of us play during Japanese sleeping hours.

The only people who are going to be affected by high populations are people who play during normal working hours and during the dead of night - or people who live in a timezone close to Japan (Australia comes to mind here), in which case they're screwed anyways as they're very unlikely to have many English speakers to play with.

During the CBT (granted, the overall number of players was much smaller then, but still), player numbers were very, very small during US daytime hours, and only really picked up well past normal US bedtime hours. IF the numbers are so large that the server is completely stuffed during these hours, that could be a problem, but it is again unlikely to happen.

Even if it DOES happen, it is not going to stay that way for long. Normal population distribution is to be very, very heavy during the first few days/weeks of launch, and then to drop off dramatically afterwards. That is why ship 2 was picked in the first place - because that population drop WILL happen, so we want to be on a ship that we know is going to have a healthy population when it does. Otherwise, we end up playing on a ghost ship with a very unhealthy player base and a nonexistent economy.

I can't imagine any event which would cause me to completely give up my character and/or pay money just to avoid ship 2. I also don't predict any issues which would cause me to believe any other ship would be better than ship 2 from the start. Thus I will go to ship 2 and most likely stay there.

I dont like wasteing time sooooo,ship 2

Yeah, there's really no need for a backup ship. It's a whole server, that not being availble is completely unlikely. Ship 2 is where you are going to find most of the english speaking players, of PSO2.

A backup ship, would be completely pointless as you can't access your stuff, and it cost money to use another character slot.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    I'm in Rose-Arachnid anyway. Did you guys settle on a ship?
    Honestly I think we're all staying ship 2 anyways, just because. This was a what-if thread, but everyone is taking it so seriously I can seriously smell blood. I didn't come here to be bitched out.

Also, as for a specific block? Talk to Porkmaster again about it. That's all beyond me.