Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default skill tree suggestions for new players with no previous pso2 experience

yeah, so if you're new and you haven't played pso2 and you don't know much about the game, chances are you also don't know what skills you should level up in your respective class tree. in this thread i'll list my suggestions and say what i think is good and bad, and why.

i'm typing this up since i got to participate in closed beta extensively, and a little bit in pre-open beta, so i messed around a lot with skill trees and skills to see what did what and what was effective/ineffective. many closed beta players have a good grasp of what skills to get since they had access to a large amount of free skill tree resets/configurations as well. however you new players are unable to capitalize on experimentation, as from open beta on, skill tree resets / extra skill tree configurations will cost real money.

so read up if you don't wanna burn a hole in your wallet (unless you'd like to become one of sega's loyal and generous benefactors)

i'll mainly state what i think are must-haves. if i don't address a skill it's because i feel neutral towards it and it's your choice if you want it or not. i may also state skills i feel are unique and should be mentioned, or skills that are incredibly bad so you should avoid (like ranger traps [however they may have been buffed, i am not sure])

use this gardios's awesome skill calculating website to get acquainted with skills.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/index.html

super old and probably nobody is reading this now, but just letting everyone know, fury critical is pretty bad. adelheid gave solid proof that all it does is let you hit your maximum damage range. it does not increase damage at all. absolutely not worth getting.

hunter:
    Spoiler!

ranger:

Spoiler!

force:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jul 2, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Woah thats alot to read for a nub. Helpful none the less
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

lulz ok class today for homework do readings hunter: sword gear through war cry

this friday you'll have a short quiz on why ranger traps are awful
    Last edited by Ryna; Jun 20, 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-

Very helpful thanks!
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

Lol *raises hand* teacher whats a trap???
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

traps are traps rangers only can set. they take a long ass time to set up, your character is immobilized while setting up a trap. they also cost meseta to buy. and most importantly THEY ARE WORTHLESS! WORTHLESS ITEMS THAT HAVE A WORTHLESS EXISTENCE! DROWN IN MY OWN BIAS AS IF I WERE AN ENGLISH LITERATURE TEACHER
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。

Excellent write-up you have here. Not only for the newer folks but for those of us who have played and could use a bit of a refresher.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

This has been very helpful, thanks. I'm glad to hear the guard skills are actually good, although it doesn't bode well for my skill plans.

I'm also curious about the stun grenade bit. When you say "pay," you don't mean AC do you? That would be ridiculous.

Thanks a lot! I was so confused as to where to allocate ranger skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This has been very helpful, thanks. I'm glad to hear the guard skills are actually good, although it doesn't bode well for my skill plans.

I'm also curious about the stun grenade bit. When you say "pay," you don't mean AC do you? That would be ridiculous.
    Meh. Don't think so. I'm mostly sure that it costs PP.