Default Open beta patching help

I downloaded PSO2 from the sega websites like 2 days ago. I've already installed it but haven't touched it. Now im trying to patch it to get ready for the open beta but i get an error at random times and i have no idea what the problem is or how to solve it. I'm trying to patch it again and it's going fine so far but I'll update this if it happens again.

Make sure you've got around 3 gigs of space free and that a firewall isn't interfering with your connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Make sure you've got around 3 gigs of space free and that a firewall isn't interfering with your connection.
    Alright. If it happens again I'll probably turn off my avast cause it tends to get in the way at times. Thanks

Now is that just 3 gb of extra space on the disk, or 3 gb or RAM?

Cause atm, I can't even get the character creator to run (let alone the PSO2 launcer)

If its 3GB of RAM, it might be a problem for me, as I only have 2GB on my laptop in total...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspaz111 View Post
    Now is that just 3 gb of extra space on the disk, or 3 gb or RAM?

Cause atm, I can't even get the character creator to run (let alone the PSO2 launcer)

If its 3GB of RAM, it might be a problem for me, as I only have 2GB on my laptop in total...
    I'm pretty sure he means 3GB on your hard drive. Because since i didn't play the closed beta i have to download a 3gb patch and then the 7 mb patch. And i have 2gb of ram as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygamer64 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means 3GB on your hard drive. Because since i didn't play the closed beta i have to download a 3gb patch and then the 7 mb patch.
    That's right.

That's right.
    Well, that's odd...if its not the RAM, not the lighting/shade effects, and not the firewall, the only thing else that would seem to make the game not work for me are either my video/graphics cards are no good OR my drivers

sadly not computer-skilled enoug hto know where to begin even.

I got another error of the same thing but this one has a different number. I had turned off my avast anti virus software and it still stopped around the same time as the last time. Any clues as to whats going on???

Third error... and it's the same as the first one... Is there some kind of manual patch i can do cause this is ridiculous, both my anti virus software and firewall are turned off yet it still doesn't patch.