Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation PSO2 Launcher Settings button crashes game.

I've had this really irritating problem with PSO2. both the Character Creator, and the Open Beta have the Load up menu(with the "start game" "settings" "file check" and file check came up just fine. So I'm lost on this part, I get the "PSO2.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING" Error when I try to click settings. Everything else works fine.
    I want to play in full screen but I remain hindered because of that crash.

Is there a work around so that I can play in full screen without going to the settings menu?

Last edited by Engeline; Jun 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

lol Over 100 views and no one has an answer..I hate windows 7 when it scews up my games.
    Last edited by Engeline; Jun 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

*sigh*...Bump
    TEAM:Night Arks : SHIP-2

You could just edit the file with the settings in it, can't remember what it is called, maybe someone else can help me out there... but it opens up in notepad and you can edit the text to change the settings just like an ini file

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    You could just edit the file with the settings in it, can't remember what it is called, maybe someone else can help me out there... but it opens up in notepad and you can edit the text to change the settings just like an ini file
    I've tried that, it's the "USER_BETA" file I have to edit, right? I've tried that several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Engeline View Post
    I've tried that, it's the "USER_BETA" file I have to edit, right? I've tried that several times.
    I can guess that the issue stems from the program (pso2 launcher) not having sufficient priviledges to read the settings file? You can try opening the launcher as an administrator (right click -> run as admin) or ensuring your windows user has sufficient priviledges.

Alternatively, ensure that your PSO2 my documents folder setup is not corrupted or something and is in your user files.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I can guess that the issue stems from the program (pso2 launcher) not having sufficient priviledges to read the settings file? You can try opening the launcher as an administrator (right click -> run as admin) or ensuring your windows user has sufficient priviledges.

Alternatively, ensure that your PSO2 my documents folder setup is not corrupted or something and is in your user files.
    Ran launcher as admin-It crashed
    Ran file check- no missing files
    And uh PSO2 my documents folder setup? Are you talking about the folder that's in C:\ProgramFiles\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2?

Ran launcher as admin-It crashed
    Ran file check- no missing files
    And uh PSO2 my documents folder setup? Are you talking about the folder that's in C:\ProgramFiles\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2?
    My Documents -> SEGA -> PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

Example: C:\Users\Me\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

And it should not crash if you run it as admin. Make sure the folder above exists with files within.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    My Documents -> SEGA -> PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

Example: C:\Users\Me\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

And it should not crash if you run it as admin. Make sure the folder above exists with files within.

Yeah, I got there, fixed up the files and WALAH! It works, now I can play in full screen!!
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

However it still crashes when I run it as admin. Although that problem will be ignored seeing as I got full screen.

Yeah, I got there, fixed up the files and WALAH! It works, now I can play in full screen!!
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

However it still crashes when I run it as admin. Although that problem will be ignored seeing as I got full screen.
    Excellent, I'm glad you got it working.