Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

Out of pure curiosity, what are your settings for the inspector and what kind of ram are you packing, Zyrusticae?

I'm always mind boggled by the quality of your images.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

That wrench option you speak of is grayed out for me. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

it only works if you have a recognizable nvidea card

PSO2 JP Ship 2 Block ?? IGN MWF
    GU/RAcast

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Ah alright. Guess that explains it since I'm using a 9800GT. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

hmm, I think that Nvidia card has force ambient occlusion, so it should work, maybe you have a different issue.

PSO2 JP Ship 2 Block ?? IGN MWF
    GU/RAcast

Alright, after getting sick of the hair seams but also getting sick of just not having any AO, I started testing a bunch of other AO bits once again. Of the ones that work, here are my findings:

Mirror's Edge: Medium darkness, most physically accurate, does not ignore fog or particle effects, has hair seams
    Unreal Tournament III: High darkness, very high AO radius, ignores fog and particle effects (and even clips through load screens), does not have hair seams
    Mass Effect: High darkness, high AO radius, not sure about fog/particle effects (didn't get that far), buggy as hell and shows hair seams
    Gears of War: Extreme darkness, high AO radius, ignores fog and particle effects (loading screen included), shows hair seams
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Same as UTIII, except darker
    Warmonger: Medium-high darkness, very high AO radius, does not ignore fog and particle effects, shows hair seams
    Hawken: Low darkness, medium AO radius, ignores fog and particle effects (including clipping through load screens), does not show hair seams, jitters between overall darkness values

So from what I can gather, whatever causes the AO to take into account fog and particle effects is the same as what causes the hair seams. Either you take the hair seams in exchange for AO properly applying before fog or you take the AO showing up through fog in exchange for not seeing any hair seams. There's also no happy "middle ground" between barely-there AO and stupid-dark AO for the ones that don't show hair seams.

Pick your poison.

Update: The ones that don't show hair seams also don't show up in screenshots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fable View Post
    Out of pure curiosity, what are your settings for the inspector and what kind of ram are you packing, Zyrusticae?

I'm always mind boggled by the quality of your images.
    I'm still kind of messing with the settings right now. Right now I'm using 4x SGSSAA and switching between a bunch of different AO bits to try to figure out which ones have the best quality without the bloody fucking hair seams that have been driving me insane lately.

I run this machine:
    Core i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz
    16 GBs DDR3-1600
    2x GTX 670 (4GB models)
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Mar 31, 2013 at 01:49 AM.

is there any new findings I noticed the last reply is a bit old just wondering lol
    also anyone know how to do this?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9266186...th/8624152469/
    Last edited by Foslix; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foslix View Post
    is there any new findings I noticed the last reply is a bit old just wondering lol
    also anyone know how to do this?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9266186...th/8624152469/
    I'm curious to know this as well. I think it's SweetFX, but I'm not certain.

Here's a screenshot of another user on this board.

http://i.imgur.com/x8Ii6b2.jpg

Last edited by Akakomuma; Jul 28, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

hi everyone here, I'm building a PC soon and hoping it's one capable of looking as good as at least Sizustar's PSO2. Well, I guess not "least" since his looks the best imo.

Anyway, I'm on a 500 dollar budget, can someone recommend me a good GPU and CPU while keeping in mind I have to buy all the other stuff needed to build a computer too. Thanks.

not gonna get a GPU powerful enough if all you have is 500 dollars
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!