Default "Bursty" lag issue

I'm confused because this seems to happen to me on a lot of games now. It might be my ISP, but it also may be my computer settings, probably something I'm overlooking.

I can connect and everything just fine, but playing and trying to load conversations with NPCs and the like just acts strange.

There is a pause of about 4 seconds... then everything that happened in those four seconds happens all at once. It continuously repeats itself. Starting the "lag" cycle again usually right after that "burst" of activity.

I have an idea of what it might be, but I want to confirm it. Any suggestions?

Might be packet loss from poor wireless reception (if you use wireless).

Try pingtest.net
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I have a lot of lagg today unplayable :/

Fom PSUBlog

June 22nd Emergency Maintenance

Posted by Ricardo

Phantasy Star Online 2 is undergoing emergency maintenance until 20:00 JST. The purpose of this maintenance is to:

Expand the number of characters that can be created on each ship, and fix bugs.
    Investigate communication delays.

Update: There is a possibility that the same problems will continue to occur and they are currently investigating the source of the problems. Stay tuned for future updates.

Update2: Servers are back online!

PSUBlog will now have a new post category called “Emergency Maintenance,” After an emergency maintenance has occurred, the post will be tagged as an emergency maintenance post, and will be removed from the front page and archived into that category. This post will still show up in news feeds however.