Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default PSO2: Anyone else disappointed with "Hard Mode?"

I know I am. It's not hard mode in the traditional sense. It's called hard mode, but it's just normal progression scaling. The first Forest mission on hard mode scales directly after the last Desert mission on normal.

What they need to do is get rid of the level requirements. It annoys me to no end that I can't kill bosses on "hard" mode until I'm level 30. I'm 3/4ths of the way through level 20 and have completed every mission that my level will allow on both normal and hard mode with S-ranks. To do the next hard mode mission on the list, I have to be level 25. That means I have to farm 4 1/4ths levels in the extremely small amount of hard mode missions available to me. Not only is that tedious, but it's starting to push me away from the game as a whole.

I know this game is free to play and everything, but grinding the same missions over and over for hours on end is not fun to me, especially when individual enemies don't drop individual rares. The rare drops you get are based on the mission you take, they aren't even based on your class. Yeah, I realize that the original PSO was a grind fest too, but at least if I was skilled enough, I could go straight from Forest, to Caves, to Mines, to Ruins. There was no level requirement for individual zones, only for Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate. That's understandable, this is not.
    Last edited by Porkmaster; Jun 25, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

well.. i think the difficulty is fair, in pso after ruins u go back to forest and its a notch above normal ruins. however this game has many difficulty spikes randomly, something pso never had as it was always the same. You may suddenly run into a 3 stage boosted boss level 35 lol. plus monsters have alot of hp, anyone remember the dragon boss from pso? BAM 2nd stage, 1dmg later, hes dead. lol I love pso2 much more.

But they HAVE TO remove the dam weak spot on boosted! thats just defeats the point of boosted. make it happen sega! infact it should serve as a defensive spot if anything! lol
    The Creator of Syncesta!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Haven't been in Hard yet but from what I read from your post I agree with you on every part for it while keeping PSO in mind. Doesn't sound like fun to grind these levels...and monsters don't really hand out alot of EXP either...

Then again maybe we should compare it to PSO

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCannon View Post
    well, I think the difficulty is fair ..... plus monsters have alot of hp
    I disagree. As a ranger, with a 2 star launcher at +5, I can kill a group of 5 or more hard mode enemies in 1 combo in the air before I hit the ground. The game is piss easy, and I was hoping that would change with the addition of "hard mode". Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Very disappointed. It is more like PSU-esque games hard mode. I was hoping for something like PSO hard mode, but that would mean less areas overall... I'll have some vain hope that SEGA will have enough variety to make things more interesting for Very hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Haven't been in Hard yet but from what I read from your post I agree with you on every part for it while keeping PSO in mind. Doesn't sound like fun to grind these levels...and monsters don't really hand out alot of EXP either...

Then again maybe we should compare it to PSO
    I haven't made it to Hard mode either, but I can already notice what both of you are talking about.

Honestly it's the only complaint I really have about the game so far. In PSO you just leveled by playing and killing. PSO2 is so encredibly focused on Client Orders that without an english translation I am already starting to become bored. Will i stop playing? Hell no... I love PSO games, but it does become tedious after awhile.

I miss when the whole objective was to just kill things to get to a boss, kill the boss, then progress into the next area/difficulty. I hate backtracking to gain extra exp. and mission prequisites.

It's not just hard mode, this game is pretty easy in general IMO. And hard desert is sort of a challenge. I just know that on PSO hard mode wasn't anything special either, so I have faith when they add ultimate or w/e.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

I think that if they plan to stick to this mission based stage structure they need to add a lot more missions. Having to run Subdue Fongulf or Subdue Dagan over and over til you unlock the next mission to spam is kinda tedious.

In terms of difficulty, one the MAJOR changes in PSO 2 is that you don't MISS. I was playing PSO BB few months back and the thing I found most difficult and causing most of my injuries was missing key parts of my combo on Evil Sharks and what have you. Since in PSO 2 you don't miss (unless mobs dodge, and even then FO and RA don't really deal with that non-sense) that whole hurdle of building enough HIT to stop missing was removed. That could be what you're.... MISSING.... pun intended
    Last edited by LatinWolf; Jun 25, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
    PSO 2 Hunter - Alreun SHIP 10 Thats right! SHIP 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    It's not just hard mode, this game is pretty easy in general IMO. And hard desert is sort of a challenge. I just know that on PSO hard mode wasn't anything special either, so I have faith when they add ultimate or w/e.
    PSO's hard mode had a noticeable difficulty increase, though. PSO 2's hard mode is absolutely pathetic compared to the original.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

hmm, well i can agree the monsters are not very aggressive, I am sure sega can easily fix this and make it more challenging. Feedback to sega! lol
    The Creator of Syncesta!