Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    I realize that latency issues aren't easy to fix. I probably wouldn't be acting this way if they didn't have PSO V1, V2, Blue Burst, PSU, AotI, and all of PSO 2's testing phases to figure out their limits.

As much as I dislike Blizzard, there's one thing that I'll give them. It's that they know their limits. Diablo 3's launch was less than stellar in terms of latency issues, but they fixed those issues in less than a week by adding an extra step to the login process to reduce server load, because they KNEW what the problem was. It seems to me like SEGA doesn't know what is causing the issues, that's all. I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but it just seems to me like you're fanboying (or fangirling) pretty damn hard right now. I adore SEGA and by no means want to see them fail, but they're fuckin' up hard.
    First of all, PSO2 is an entirely new game run on an entirely new architecture, with a LOT more stuff run server-side this time around (likely in an attempt to make updates easier and to curtail the client-side exploits that happened in previous games), so lessons learned from previous games may or may not be applicable to this one.

Secondly, your point is entirely moot because today has been lag-free so far despite nearly every block on the server being close to full. And guess what? It's been four days since OB started.

You may retract your statement now.

And yeah, everyone who has been to hard mode and posted in this thread has agreed with my points. As it stands right now, it's too easy and there's not enough incentive for me to grind these boring ass missions for hours or days.
    I'm afraid my sympathy is long gone. Anyone huffing it up to the level cap as quickly as humanly possible, frankly, isn't someone who should expect anything.

First, it's open beta. You already knew there would be a dearth of content. Secondly, you're 0.01% of the player base; the rest have jobs, family, and other assorted random BS to deal with so their playtime is obviously not going to be anywhere near enough to hit hard mode in the span of four days.

So the opinions in this thread so far are only of the no-lifers lucky enough to be able to play non-stop for days. Consider me nonplussed.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jun 25, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Also, I need to point out one thing since it was said in this point. Star rarity on your weapon doesn't mean crap anymore in terms of damage. The star rarity actually means it is an actually rare, not how powerful it should be. Yes, they are a bit more powerful than original weapons you find, but you will be replacing them really quick.

Weapons seemed to be Tiered in a since that you will be seeing your 1* weapon again, just with a modified look. For guns, you will see attachments to them. For striking weapons (from what I noticed), they change color like in the original PSO.

Why does anyone act like PSO's harder difficulties were remotely challenging? >_> PS games haven't been "hard" since they hit the Dreamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakjosmaysa View Post
    Why does anyone act like PSO's harder difficulties were remotely challenging? >_> PS games haven't been "hard" since they hit the Dreamcast.
    This is true. Only difficulty that was remotely hard was Ultimate...and even then after you got enough rares that was easy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I'm afraid my sympathy is long gone. Anyone huffing it up to the level cap as quickly as humanly possible, frankly, isn't someone who should expect anything.

First, it's open beta. You already knew there would be a dearth of content. Secondly, you're 0.01% of the player base; the rest have jobs, family, and other assorted random BS to deal with so their playtime is obviously not going to be anywhere near enough to hit hard mode in the span of four days.

So the opinions in this thread so far are only of the no-lifers lucky enough to be able to play non-stop for days. Consider me nonplussed.
    I couldn't have put it better than that.

First of all, PSO2 is an entirely new game run on an entirely new architecture, with a LOT more stuff run server-side this time around (likely in an attempt to make updates easier and to curtail the client-side exploits that happened in previous games), so lessons learned from previous games may or may not be applicable to this one.

Secondly, your point is entirely moot because today has been lag-free so far despite nearly every block on the server being close to full. And guess what? It's been four days since OB started.

You may retract your statement now.
    Fair enough, I'll give that one to you.

First, it's open beta. You already knew there would be a dearth of content. Secondly, you're 0.01% of the player base; the rest have jobs, family, and other assored random BS to deal with so their playtime is obviously not going to be anywhere near enough to hit hard mode in the span of four days.

This, however... I'd like it very much if you stopped assuming things about someone you don't even know. I work a full time job as a DJ providing entertainment for the masses. I'd hardly consider that being a "no-lifer" and I'm certainly not "huffing it up to the level cap as quickly as humanly possible," I just play the game like a game and don't waste my time by dancing in the lobby. I'm not even level 21 yet. There are quite a few people who have already hit level 30 and there's sure as hell more than just a handful of people who have made it past level 20.

Try to tone it down a bit, buddy. Stop throwing accusations and assumptions at people you don't know. Sorry if I rustled your jimmies by bashing your precious and all-knowing SEGA.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Dreamcast IMO was fake difficulty seeing how when you first hit Ultimate, you can't do shit since v1 weapons were useless. Only way to get through Ultimate Forest to Door snipe enemies with foie and hope you god one of them drops either a Red Handgun or Red Saber.

Later PSO versions felt more like they just gave the enemies more HP and cheap OHKO attacks. (I'm looking at you Ob Lilly)
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Fair enough, I'll give that one to you.

This, however... I'd like it very much if you stopped assuming things about someone you don't even know. I work a full time job as a DJ providing entertainment for the masses. I'd hardly consider that being a "no-lifer" and I'm certainly not "huffing it up to the level cap as quickly as humanly possible," I just play the game like a game and don't waste my time by dancing in the lobby. I'm not even level 21 yet. There are quite a few people who have already hit level 30 and there's sure as hell more than just a handful of people who have made it past level 20.

Try to tone it down a bit, buddy. Stop throwing accusations and assumptions at people you don't know. Sorry if I rustled your jimmies by bashing your precious and all-knowing SEGA.
    Seriously? Cut the crap. If you didn't constantly act like a know-it-all and stopped acting like any defense of SEGA is being a "fanboy" I wouldn't have to assume the worst of you, because frankly you do a very bad job of representing yourself (like me, actually - but unlike you I am actually aware of how I come across). I am far from a staunch defender of SEGA - if anything, I am quite critical of how they treat their "gaijin" fanbase, but that is neither here nor there.

I will apologize for making assumptions, but only just so.

I will also note that "quite a few" is pretty far removed from "the majority". If you ever look at the list of games again, note how many people are still running forest missions and look at how few caves and desert missions are being run. Pretty huge difference, that should tell you all there is you need to know.

PSO's hard mode had a noticeable difficulty increase, though. PSO 2's hard mode is absolutely pathetic compared to the original.
    Not so much as you think. Comparing Normal Ruins with Hard Forest, the difference was not very big, barely noticeable.
    Of course, if you were comparing Normal Forest to Hard Forest, then yeah.

That's not even counting EpI&II, in which Normal Seabed was more difficult than Hard Forest.

Just like PSO and PSU before, difficulty in PSO2 will come from areas moreso than from difficulty settings.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jun 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Forgive me for being uninformed and correct me if I'm wrong... but I was under the impression that Hard Mode is unlocked at Lv20 (after beating all 3 bosses 5 more times), and that the missions still have level requirements that are usually Lv21+.

That being said, Porkmaster, who just said that he's not 21, is complaining that it's too easy? How much of the hard content have you even played? (And that's a serious question.) SEGA is not precious and all-knowing, and they're certainly flawed, but they do fix things.

PSO v2 > Ep I & II had Ultimate fixed so that you didn't have to grind for Red weapons just to survive.
    PSU had tons of content added to make it interesting.
    PSO2 got the open-beta latency problem fixed over a weekend.
    And Sonic... we're still working on that, but recent games have been better.

Anyway, how can you complain when you haven't finished the (limited) content available?
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?