Default Fast question about performance

So I'ven playing with this specs

AMD Phenom II x4 955
    4GB RAM
    GTX 460 1 GB

Game run normally at 60 fps capped with all settings to max, but in multi-parties areas when theres lots of stuff going on (generally launchers explosions) it can dip some fps. It usually dips to the 50/high 40s, but it gets really choppy.

Well, thing is I tried to lower settings but no matter what i touch I have the exact same performance. So my question is if this is something related to the engine itself of the game or is just something I cant avoid.
    Last edited by FerrPSO; Jul 10, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Mine dips in the 30's on the lowest settings whenever anything happens. How about you shutup and realise what a great PC you have?

win7 64 bit?
    My guess is that you have several other things on while playing pso2, so you might be hitting the border of that 4GB RAM.

I know I have fps jump in other games before due to RAM limitation (along with my never shut firefox), so upgrading to 6 GB from 4 GB helped me out.

I'm assuming that it's the low ram, because we have similar systems, except I have 8gig of ram, and mine seems to run fine.
    Go with what SolRiver said, just make sure everything else is closed.

Mine dips in the 30's on the lowest settings whenever anything happens. How about you shutup and realise what a great PC you have?
    Oh thanks, you were so helpful

win7 64 bit?
    My guess is that you have several other things on while playing pso2, so you might be hitting the border of that 4GB RAM.

I know I have fps jump in other games before due to RAM limitation (along with my never shut firefox), so upgrading to 6 GB from 4 GB helped me out.
    I'm assuming that it's the low ram, because we have similar systems, except I have 8gig of ram, and mine seems to run fine.
    Go with what SolRiver said, just make sure everything else is closed.
    Thanks! Didnt consider it could be the RAM. That is good because I was planning to upgrade it anyways.

Also, yeah Im usind W7 x64 and have the bad habit of having firefox always open

Thanks again

Change the settings in the Launcher so your not capped at 60FPS, im running a Dual Core with a GTX 295 with 4GB Ram and im getting 75-120FPS easy 60 FPS in big Multi Party Areas. Never want to get rid of my GTX 295 Co-Op Edition <3 hehe

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSecretSpy View Post
    Change the settings in the Launcher so your not capped at 60FPS, im running a Dual Core with a GTX 295 with 4GB Ram and im getting 75-120FPS easy 60 FPS in big Multi Party Areas. Never want to get rid of my GTX 295 Co-Op Edition <3 hehe
    I capped it at 60 cause I though it would be more annoying to have the fps constantly move arount 70-90, etc but is true that I didnt test it, the fps drops are less noticeable at higher fps perhaps?

EDIT: Anyways your card is better than mine (dual GPU) and this game seems like almost ignores CPU, I doubt I would get the same results as you but Ill test it anyways
    Last edited by FerrPSO; Jul 11, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Yea i love how a 4 year old card is still one of the best cards on the market hehe

And yes your Frames wont be capped at 60 FPS you will get higher FPS and Hopefully Higher Low FPS