Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm playing there myself trying to get an S rank.

Failing though, but the boss itself is the least of my problems. I've found you don't really need NPC's for him.

If you're Force that is, I've found Great Swords work best. Just stay up close and in his mid section. Alot of his attacks will miss if you're close enough. If you block at the right time you can still just continue comboing him off that block.

Some hints, when he burrows underground, start charging a move. You have about 3-5 seconds when he pops out of the ground. Just remember to charge the move and walk around, not in a circle though just a straight line. When he pops out let him have it.

When he's in that rage thing, you might want to back off a bit and use charge or long distance moves.

His attacks are too fast to attack and block properly, and if you get hit, chances are you can get hit again.

All of this only applies if you're Force though. Also head shots take off more damage just so you know.
    Last edited by pigglywigglies; Jun 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

If you're a ranger, have your bait...I mean, NPCs, get its attention while you aim for its tail. Use an assault rifle + Weak Bullet for best result. (I manged to Sneak Shot it for 1k on an un-upgraded wrong element rifle.)

Lullaby to hell, babe TierrenZX's Avatar

I use a ranger too but I primarily stay close to the Catardran to keep him from burrowing under and wasting time. I just move constantly around him and he'll always try to stretch to get you allowing you to get free hits on either the exposed parts or his head.

Also, if he tries to get some distance from you, follow him. He'll usually try to hit you with his tail (if you're behind him when he stops) or charge at you again. It will take me ~3-5 minutes to beat him doing just that.

Attack its weak point FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!