Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well they are still working on it and it should be done some time soon. So don't worry.

Playing the devil's advocate here, it's probably best that the link was not shown here--even if it was allowed. Generally, I feel like many of the users here that have registered in the last few weeks (I am not saying everyone, just a decent number) seem to be very impatient and whiny about the English patch.

I'm sure the last thing the creator needs is that influx of members moving over to that forum and bugging the crap out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here, it's probably best that the link was not shown here--even if it was allowed. Generally, I feel like many of the users here that have registered in the last few weeks (I am not saying everyone, just a decent number) seem to be very impatient and whiny about the English patch.

I'm sure the last thing the creator needs is that influx of members moving over to that forum and bugging the crap out of him.
    i agree with you and that is why i took down the link i will still post updates and stuff but no links. and i don't mind playing without English its kinda fun, but i do prefer it.

I completely understand that it takes time to crack the encryption on the new language files and translate the text, and that the folks involved are using their FREE TIME to do this for us for FREE, and I love them for it. I just wish we had an estimate on when the patch *might* be done.

I'm still playing PSO2 anyway, but I'd be much less frustrated if I could read the menus and quests without having to alt-tab out every few minutes trying to match hiragana/katakana/kanji with the translation guides.
    Character: Kain - Level 32 RAmar/Level 20 FOmar/Level 11 GUmar - Ship 2 - Block 20

I don't know i understand why people would be impatient but i don't see why posting links would be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by supervamp78 View Post
    I don't know i understand why people would be impatient but i don't see why posting links would be a problem
    Once again

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...00#post2739500
    Newmans are not tools for your war!

When and if the english patch is done someone should create a thank you thread on the forums (with the reasons for thanks blanked for obvious reasons) to show our appreciation.

Not that i need it now anyway my mind has pretty much mapped out every menu icon now would be good for story though.

Quote Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
    I completely understand that it takes time to crack the encryption on the new language files and translate the text, and that the folks involved are using their FREE TIME to do this for us for FREE, and I love them for it. I just wish we had an estimate on when the patch *might* be done.

I'm still playing PSO2 anyway, but I'd be much less frustrated if I could read the menus and quests without having to alt-tab out every few minutes trying to match hiragana/katakana/kanji with the translation guides.
    I'm just kinda curious just what it is they're doing. I kinda enjoy listening about the technical stuff they do to make the patches work. It also helps to give a good understanding of how the patch is coming along and why it might still take a while, instead of just coming by and asking every day if its finished.
    Last edited by Tenlade; Jun 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

If you're interested in the technical details, you can ask the man himself in the IRC channel. He's usually open to explaining a little of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiza View Post
    If you're interested in the technical details, you can ask the man himself in the IRC channel. He's usually open to explaining a little of it.
    Please do not give anyone the link to the IRC plenty of people are on it already plus I don't think some people on there want people from here coming onto their IRC.

Anyways what Sega did was upgraded their system thing to a V4 instead of V3 like in the closed beta they had, Agrajag has to teach himself the code which is hard cause they made it hard so no one can hack it plus it's also in Japanese on top of the coding he needs to teach himself, I doubt it will be a short while.
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Jun 27, 2012 at 01:51 PM.