Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    Bumped in the hopes of more research and development. Did you come up with anything else concerning damage formulas?
    Yeah I did, the test was a failure nothing chances.

I did a test, but I guess it's not completely conclusive. I was testing if T-ATK affected melee damage with a rod equipped. I had two of the same rod, one with Technique II on it so it had 20 more T-ATK, and one with nothing on it. The Technique II rod had a dark element modifier on it, while the blank one had no element. The darkness element is the only thing not making this test conclusive, as I'm not sure it added any damage since I was fighting Oodans, and they are not weak to Darkness.

Anyway, the highest melee damage I got with the Technique II rod was 62, while the highest I got with the blank one was 59. So, if darkness did not add damage to this test, T-ATK adds to the melee damage of rods. I'll try to do a more conclusive test eventually, but I think this is enough to at least warrant my original theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    I did a test, but I guess it's not completely conclusive. I was testing if T-ATK affected melee damage with a rod equipped. I had two of the same rod, one with Technique II on it so it had 20 more T-ATK, and one with nothing on it. The Technique II rod had a dark element modifier on it, while the blank one had no element. The darkness element is the only thing not making this test conclusive, as I'm not sure it added any damage since I was fighting Oodans, and they are not weak to Darkness.

Anyway, the highest melee damage I got with the Technique II rod was 62, while the highest I got with the blank one was 59. So, if darkness did not add damage to this test, T-ATK adds to the melee damage of rods. I'll try to do a more conclusive test eventually, but I think this is enough to at least warrant my original theory.
    Sounds nice though yeah we should have you do it with out dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Sounds nice though yeah we should have you do it with out dark.
    Will do, just as soon as I get 2 qualifying rods.

Well... Looks like my theory might have fell through. I decided to test it with my mag off (mag gives 31 T-ATK and 9 Ability), and I came up with the same top number of 79. There was a bigger gap in the minimum limit due to the lack of the 9 ability. So... Yeah. Looks like rod melee damage is not dependent on T-ATK.

Though ability does add a bit of attack. So it wasn't a big failure.

I have now confirmed that my theory is completely false. I retried the initial experiment with two identical rods, except one was blank while the other had Technique II. Highest damage was 59 and the lowest was 57 in both tests. It is now confirmed that Rods formulate their damage purely from the S-ATK stat.

I'm working on maps for missions I've found 5 different maps for Subdue Za Oodan.

Oh, so they're not completely random huh? Just random out of a set? I thought it was basically puzzle pieces randomly put together.