Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Yeah, it's kinda dumb wording on their part, but it works regardless. I wouldn't give JA Boost a second's thought if it didn't work on PAs.

I cant ever tell between the 2 when i switch trees from JA to S-atk. Some monsters my Heavens Dive hits for over 4k both trees. Sometimes some monsters 900.... The gap is so big between the 2 its hard to see what the "average" is and determine which is better for my build.

You'll want to test on something easy to find and that stands out - like a yeti's weak point. I got a 190-ish damage crit with over 1k S-ATK, in between two hits for 400+ non-crit damage. It was really low, I must've hit the highest resistance hitbox on the entire enemy with my the lowest damage modifier of any sword attack.

Ya I just tested the JA skill tree affecting PA's and i could noticably tell that my PA's were hitting harder with JA instead of S-Atk. Sooo ima go that route for now.... was messing around between dashing and just guarding... at first i was opposed to just guard.... but after playing with it some i like it more. My problem with dashing is sometimes especially with bosses Ill dash through the initial attack and like the monsters backswing then hits me in the back... like the tundra boss... SOOOOO many times ill dash and dodge its jumping swipe. then as it flys over me it turns and somehow i still get hit.... so far just guarding everything works like a dream and hasnt failed..... especially when locking on to a enemy your always facing them... that was another prob i had with dash... if your locked on and in melee range... depending on the enemy sometimes you'll dash to a direction you dont want and enter more danger....

I have the exact same problem, that's why I've gotten into guarding so many attacks. I still dash if guarding doesn't look like it'll block in an attack's direction, but guarding is far and away superior for handling most attacks.

With just guard I don't think there's even one attack in the entire game you can't block. Some people are saying you can't block the dragon's sky nuke, but I think that's just because it's so huge that it hits all around you. If you stand at the edge and keep it only in the direction you're guarding I bet you can block it.

edit: The OP says you can't just guard against the rockbear's grab attack, but when I killed a rockbear with just guard that was the attack he used. He did his standard animation of having grabbed an enemy, coupling his hands and lifting an invisible player etc. then took damage and died.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 24, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

You can just guard Rockbear's grab attack. As well as Vol's nuke.
    Did it many many times.

However for Rockbear, in my case, he falls on the ground but there is the sound of the just guard and he takes damage of course.
    For Vol Dragon, I actually never see the damage on him but there is the sound of just guard, and well, I'm taking no damage at all.

Edit : And btw, OP says it is not possible with normal guard but says it is possible with just guard.
    Last edited by NuhSieh; Jul 24, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
    L.Y.A.N.A. - HUcaseal, 40. Ship 2.

Aaah, I misunderstood.

With ranged attacks just guarding either doesn't inflict damage back, or it does but only if you're very very close.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    With just guard I don't think there's even one attack in the entire game you can't block. Some people are saying you can't block the dragon's sky nuke, but I think that's just because it's so huge that it hits all around you. If you stand at the edge and keep it only in the direction you're guarding I bet you can block it.
    So far the only attack I've come across that I cannot block is Gwanahda's (desert boss) pull grab. Even so theres still plenty of attacks I'd just rather not block.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Aaah, I misunderstood.

With ranged attacks just guarding either doesn't inflict damage back, or it does but only if you're very very close.
    The damage from JG comes from the large blue effect that happens when you guard. It can hit multiple enemies from one JG if their all within range of the attack.

Hey there everyone,
    so I wanted to have your opinion on a matter, I have 2 trees in mind but don't really know what to choose :

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...bkbqBI3f4QqocA
    or
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...bkbqBGKIN4QIbf

I think the 1st one can be useful since I'm playing solo and it can get pretty ugly out there. The 2nd one is clearly damage oriented but doesn't forgive any mistakes on my part.

What would you go with?

Started leveling my hunter and need some feedback!

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I2ebkb4OjmxIbf

I was planning on making a tank in anticipation of future bosses. No idea what to do with the remaining skill points - Lv 10 S-ATK Up maybe to compensate the S-ATK reduction of Guard Stance?
    Also, just how effective is Warcry? Can anyone who has it elaborate on its uses/effectiveness?