Default Non game-related... but how do you input japanese??

Nothing much to do with the technicalities of the game itself, but I've found myself unable to use Japanese input in the game... which is a shame because some of the ppl from the Japanese community are kind of nice and interesting fellows. I've had to use Romaji so far and have been avoided as I looked like i'm typing English >_>;;

Any clue? (Possible OS problem? Mine is a non-japanese Win7 ) Much thanks

I just use applocal's IME Japanese keyboard for it, just have to switch types with alt+shift and alt+caps. Windows 7 already has Japanese implemented just find your keyboard settings and browse a bit.

Edit: can find Keyboard languages in "control panel>Clock,language,location>region and language" select "change keyboard" under "keyboards and languages"
    Last edited by ZIE creations; Jun 27, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
    The world isn't as it should be...
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->
    PSO2 - ニューマン - 女性 - スピリット - Ship2:ウリ

Ah! So it's alt+caps, I never would have imagined. Thanks for the tip, will try it out... after the server's back up XD|||

Alt+Capslock only shifts between hiragana and katakana for me. I just leave mine set to hiragana and use alt+~ to change between english and hiragana (this is assuming that you have already used alt+shift to change the keyboard language from english to japanese).

Quote Originally Posted by Variance View Post
    Alt+Capslock only shifts between hiragana and katakana for me. I just leave mine set to hiragana and use alt+~ to change between english and hiragana (this is assuming that you have already used alt+shift to change the keyboard language from english to japanese).
    the thing about IME is pressing space while still on a line allows you to edit individual aspects into whatever type you want, it goes by sounds, not type.

(wow, sounds like I'm being mean, sorry. Just adding to it >.<)
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->

Quote Originally Posted by ZIE creations View Post
    the thing about IME is pressing space while still on a line allows you to edit individual aspects into whatever type you want, it goes by sounds, not type.

(wow, sounds like I'm being mean, sorry. Just adding to it >.<)
    No worries; I only use a very limited amount of Japanese and the available double-byte symbols at work, so I would not consider myself "well-versed" in the usage of IME.

The thing is i tried both alt+shft and alt+~ but neither worked, so I'll tamper around with the caps lock combination next time. Dunno what's wrong with my computer though, all my friends are inputting japanese just fine >_>;;

Quote Originally Posted by pepsicon View Post
    The thing is i tried both alt+shft and alt+~ but neither worked, so I'll tamper around with the caps lock combination next time. Dunno what's wrong with my computer though, all my friends are inputting japanese just fine >_>;;
    I had to use alt+~ once but after that it never worked. I think once IME initializes into PSO2 (your game may freeze for a second or 2 while it configues) it recognizes IME shortcuts instead of the Win7 auto "alt+~" key. Also, PSO2 seems to nativly support IME, more evidence of an international server? =^.-=

thanks, i'll be sure to try it out
    I think the problem might be that my default japanese input was google input, hence causing incompatibility issues perhaps. I'll find out after the server's back up.

I do this on my laptop... (2 step process)

ALT+SHIFT

then

ALT+~