I played with 4 different parties last night, and each one of them was focusing on grinding the multiparty area for EXP and drops. I noticed that in every party, we were all slightly confused about certain aspects of PSEs and PSE Bursts. So I figured I'd make a thread where we could discuss them and ask questions if needed.

First, does anyone know if those strange boxes that appear at the top of the screen relate at all to PSEs? The same question goes for certain things that happen to your character. I've had the sides of my screen go red and hear a heartbeat, the sides of the screen get stretched out like I was flying really fast or something, I've had a purple cloud puff out of my character and my mag at the same time, and a few other things along those lines. As far as the boxes, I think we've all seen the same two; the one with the circle that is sucking in little white particles, and the one that looks like EQ bars. I have seen the EQ bars with red and green caps on them. I had noticed that both of the box graphics that appear at the top of the screen seem to have the letters 'PSE' in a rotating circle in the bottom right corner.

Also, how is a PSE Burst actually triggered? We stood in one area for a while last night while enemies kept spawning, and I was almost certain that we would eventually get one. But, it never happened. I know that sometimes, a timer will come up before a possible burst, but other times it's just started right into it without a preemptive timer. We were also confused on the term 'cross burst' but assumed it had something to do with multiple parties getting PSE bursts at the same time. Personally, I have only experienced two or three bursts in my playtime, and none of them have been over a minute.

There was a thread around where similar things were discussed, but so far all I have heard about PSEs and things of this nature has been complete speculation or mistranslated information from an unreliable source, so I am just looking to get good information on what they actually are, and to have other players be able to look here to fully understand them as well.