Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Official PSE Burst Thread

I played with 4 different parties last night, and each one of them was focusing on grinding the multiparty area for EXP and drops. I noticed that in every party, we were all slightly confused about certain aspects of PSEs and PSE Bursts. So I figured I'd make a thread where we could discuss them and ask questions if needed.

First, does anyone know if those strange boxes that appear at the top of the screen relate at all to PSEs? The same question goes for certain things that happen to your character. I've had the sides of my screen go red and hear a heartbeat, the sides of the screen get stretched out like I was flying really fast or something, I've had a purple cloud puff out of my character and my mag at the same time, and a few other things along those lines. As far as the boxes, I think we've all seen the same two; the one with the circle that is sucking in little white particles, and the one that looks like EQ bars. I have seen the EQ bars with red and green caps on them. I had noticed that both of the box graphics that appear at the top of the screen seem to have the letters 'PSE' in a rotating circle in the bottom right corner.

Also, how is a PSE Burst actually triggered? We stood in one area for a while last night while enemies kept spawning, and I was almost certain that we would eventually get one. But, it never happened. I know that sometimes, a timer will come up before a possible burst, but other times it's just started right into it without a preemptive timer. We were also confused on the term 'cross burst' but assumed it had something to do with multiple parties getting PSE bursts at the same time. Personally, I have only experienced two or three bursts in my playtime, and none of them have been over a minute.

There was a thread around where similar things were discussed, but so far all I have heard about PSEs and things of this nature has been complete speculation or mistranslated information from an unreliable source, so I am just looking to get good information on what they actually are, and to have other players be able to look here to fully understand them as well.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic71167_1.gif

Thank you for making this topic. Hopefully people will take it more seriously, and not let it get drowned out.

I'm just going to toss my theories I posted in another topic here.

I am not 100% sure, but I have started to notice some trends with the radar.

For example, when the radar pops up and you see blue and red dots. The red dots represent PSE enemies that are close to you. The blue dot seems to be you. If you kill those enemies, your PSE will go up.

I'm not sure about the bar and the other one, but I will go ahead and make an educated guess. I assume that the bar represents how many PSE enemies are in the area, and the other one that looks like a vertex represent more enemies coming into the map.

PSE Burst happens when you get a PSE to lv 8. Cross Burst seems to happen when you get 2 PSE over lv 8, and it continues as you continue to get more or maintain PSEs over lv 8.

Again, these are just guesses. I will do more testing tonight.
    Also, I have a stream of my PSE Burst and Cross Burst experiences that might be useful for researching.
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/rizenforce/b/322592236

Highlight video:
    First Cross Burst happens at the beginning of the video which lags for about 3 minutes. Second one happens around the 30 minute mark.
    Last edited by Rizen; Jun 30, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Edit: Pretty much what he said ^

I believe those pictures at the top are showing that photon drop is high, and enemies will drop more of them. As they drop them, your PSE levels up and appears next to your map. When one of those hit lvl 8 (such as meseta drop rate) you get a burst. If another hits level 8, you get cross burst, another minute, so on. If after hundreds of hours of playtime I am wrong I would be surprised.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

Yes, I have also noticed that in the chat, as enemies die and sometimes release that pillar of light that shines back down on you, the system chat will say something about PSE lvl.___

usually 1-5, haven't seen it much higher than that.

Which means you're doing it all wrong! I have no idea, if you're or not. But a tip of advice would be to say.. Code: Protection, both of them, complete, and do. The Crystal one is supposedly influences the photon levels greatly, which has been proven, because after three of them. We've always landed a PSE soon after, and many creatures produce a photon burst of some kind.
    NekoMir (Level 30 Ramarl ) [PSO2/Ship 2/Block-21]

Quote Originally Posted by Fusioneko View Post
    Which means you're doing it all wrong! I have no idea, if you're or not. But a tip of advice would be to say.. Code: Protection, both of them, complete, and do. The Crystal one is supposedly influences the photon levels greatly, which has been proven, because after three of them. We've always landed a PSE soon after, and many creatures produce a photon burst of some kind.
    This is true. I have noticed getting more PSE burst after crystals appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    This is true. I have noticed getting more PSE burst after crystals appear.
    Problem is, I almost never get that code. I think I've got it maybe twice ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Edit: Pretty much what he said ^

I believe those pictures at the top are showing that photon drop is high, and enemies will drop more of them. As they drop them, your PSE levels up and appears next to your map. When one of those hit lvl 8 (such as meseta drop rate) you get a burst. If another hits level 8, you get cross burst, another minute, so on. If after hundreds of hours of playtime I am wrong I would be surprised.
    Cross burst only occurs when there is another party in the area in which happens if they are near you in multiparty areas, also for the boost rate, it hits level 8 starting a chance to get PSE burst, get that same color again then its 9 (max level) for a PSE burst for a single party, maxing out the others in a PSE burst adds 1 min to the time, getting more time requires you to get the same color of light that is maxed out for that increased rate.
    Last edited by Aeris; Jun 30, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Yes, I'd say crystals is the rarest mission I see, but only once did it not give PSE burst and I think that's because we didn't kill one monster after. Another hint, as soon as PSE burst is counting, have you all PB blast, almost always gives cross burst.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

Yeah we did a 8 way pb just a bit ago, it was a 3-4 minute cross brust instantly.
    NekoMir (Level 30 Ramarl ) [PSO2/Ship 2/Block-21]