Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rhypht View Post
    The same question goes for certain things that happen to your character. I've had the sides of my screen go red and hear a heartbeat, the sides of the screen get stretched out like I was flying really fast or something, I've had a purple cloud puff out of my character and my mag at the same time, and a few other things along those lines.
    Assuming you're not talking about the low health warning when you speak of the red aura, I know what you're talking about.
    I might be wrong about this, since I only have my experiences to go off of...
    but when you see the red and black tendrils flash around your screen and you hear the heartbeat, it seems to me that it means Ragne/Hollow Body Ragne will appear if you look around enough. I've seen it several times, but the last two or three times we intentionally searched around and each time we found Ragne.

I've seen one or two other aura type effects like this, like one where the edges of the screen go all rainbow-like and bright and then fades, but I've no idea what that could indicate yet.

Btw, the purple/black puff that your mag spews out is actually a mag skill, assuming you have Lepus (the Tech mag), it increases your PP recharge time for a few seconds, just like the Tech mag's first PB. It's n ot related to PSE.

Well I have had horrendous luck with PSEs till today. Was running around and got an Emergency Code: Protection to defend those crystals. After we beat that there were yellow photon particles floating everywhere and every single kill we got after that leveld up our PSE. Then we went on to get a 10+ minute burst.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    I remember someone mentioning the screen pulsing/shaking effects were related to a Code being nearby, something I can neither confirm or deny because in the times I've had my screen suddenly pulse, usually nothing comes of it. However, a lot of the theories in here do seem to make sense on the triggers for PSE. I'm going to need to pay more attention to the various burst colors I get and see how they affect the PSE levels, and how the boxes correlate into things.

What I suspect is the case on the boxes, based on what people are saying here, is that each one is a PSE effect, and their colors relate to a specific type of PSE. For example, you get the Spectrum PSE box with red bars, my guess would be that your next photon drop from an enemy that you get of that color will give a larger amount than normal. Granted, I don't have anything to really verify this, and it's nothing more than a hypothesis, but it does make sense when you think about it in this way.
    Like with the heartbeat sound and the dark outline on the edge of your screen? It usually indicates a Code: Avoid, Code: Duel, or Code: Destruction is somewhere on the map. Not necessarily nearby.

I have no clue what the shimmering outline is.

And this is what I usually notice. After each throbbing screen, I go and scour the map to find me some baddies to murder, and voila, I get a Ragne.

And then half the time a Ragne jumps out of THAT Ragne. Fuuuuuuuun.

I personally found that you're far more likely to get a PSE burst where you're tagging along with another party, in comparison to when you're fighting with your own. I rarely get a PSE burst when I'm not with other parties.

Take this video for example. There were 3 parties there, and the more parties the longer the PSE last and the more that went off.

My take is that there are 3 different kinds of PSE's, blue pillar, red pillar and yellow pillar. If you're lucky you kill enough enemies that make the level rise to 9 you get a burst. If during that burst you trigger enough pillars of a different color to get to lvl 9 with that you get a cross burst. If you have enough of the same color the burst get's extended.

A lot of it has to do with luck and "linking" the pillars of light so you don't run out...

I speculate cross burst is when 2 or more party's in a MP area are both in pse burst then meet each other on the map causing cross burst ...