Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have seen some pretty stupid autowords. Just because you can fill each one in doesnt mean you should.

Yeah, three phrases per trigger is a limit, not a suggestion.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    I have seen some pretty stupid autowords. Just because you can fill each one in doesnt mean you should.
    Just because you can leave them all blank doesn't mean you should. It's a two way street and that's exactly the problem I think a lot of people have when playing multiplayer games. They expect the other player to play by the rules which they have created for themselves in their own head.

In other words:

Player A: I think autowords are stupid. I'll never use them.

Player B: This is an interesting concept, I think I'll try it out.

Player A: You use autowords? You must be an idiot.

I'm just playing by the rules of the game itself, much like everyone else around here, so I don't honestly see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Yeah, three phrases per trigger is a limit, not a suggestion.
    Was dancing idly in the lobby also a suggestion? No, but you see a ton of people do it anyway. Why? Because the choice is there and it's not game breaking.

Sure, I don't agree with it, but who am I to tell them any differently? They're allowed to do it, so more power to them. I just want the same respect, that's all. I don't think it's that much to ask for, honestly.

I'm glad that we have the option to use autowords, even if there's the potential to be annoying to a small (there's always someone) or large number of people depending on how you set them up - it's a similar deal with symbol chat, and normal communication for that matter.

I did have one party where 90% of the text was just autowords, though. It made it difficult to follow actual conversations and questions. I eventually found an option to not log autowords though.

Also, another chat/autowords guide:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-chat-...towords-guide/

Doesn't everybody want respect, though? People don't clutter your screen with random garbage, for example, can't you respond in kind?

And tell that random dancing is not game breaking to people who can't join the block because it's full of idiots who do nothing but dance in the lobby.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electrolytes View Post
    I'm glad that we have the option to use autowords, even if there's the potential to be annoying to a small (there's always someone) or large number of people depending on how you set them up - it's a similar deal with symbol chat, and normal communication for that matter.

I did have one party where 90% of the text was just autowords, though. It made it difficult to follow actual conversations and questions. I eventually found an option to not log autowords though.

Also, another chat/autowords guide:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-chat-...towords-guide/
    Wow that actually sounds really useful,

I don't mind auto-words or cut-ins (Better if they're made by someone whose actually funny/interesting though) But they definitely clog up the chat.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Just because you can leave them all blank doesn't mean you should. It's a two way street and that's exactly the problem I think a lot of people have when playing multiplayer games. They expect the other player to play by the rules which they have created for themselves in their own head.

In other words:

Player A: I think autowords are stupid. I'll never use them.

Player B: This is an interesting concept, I think I'll try it out.

Player A: You use autowords? You must be an idiot.

I'm just playing by the rules of the game itself, much like everyone else around here, so I don't honestly see the problem.

Was dancing idly in the lobby also a suggestion? No, but you see a ton of people do it anyway. Why? Because the choice is there and it's not game breaking.

Sure, I don't agree with it, but who am I to tell them any differently? They're allowed to do it, so more power to them. I just want the same respect, that's all. I don't think it's that much to ask for, honestly.
    Except it's just as obnoxious to keep a bunch of spammy autowords knowing they are bothering people as it is to criticize having them at all.

I don't mind auto words, but for the love of god please only use cut-ins for the start and end of the quest!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I don't mind auto-words or cut-ins (Better if they're made by someone whose actually funny/interesting though) But they definitely clog up the chat.
    You can disable that in the options, meaning you only see them on screen.

I find autowords annoying.

It doesn't really sound to me that the OP was looking for honest insight as to how that guy could have found him annoying so much as he's looking for people to pat him on the back and say, "yeah, that guy was totally overreacting." So, sorry about how this thread is going for you.

Me, I don't mind cut ins for the autoword events that wouldn't display frequently, like the start and end of a mission. But when they're attached to the ones that pop up constantly, I start making a mental note not to bring that NPC again if it was me who brought it.