Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chronological PSO2 guide to level 25

Chronological PSO2 guide to level 25

Hello there, this guide is supposed to be for new players of the series.
    I do not claim that this guide is going to get you levelled up the quickest, it's supposed to be progressive in nature.
    I also aim to introduce game mechanics to users of this guide gradually, as to not get them swamped with information.

So if you want to get friends into this game, why not try and start them up with this guide~?

---

Contents:

Perfectionist Warning [A1]

How to register [L0]
    Level 1 [L1]
    Level 2 [L2]
    Level 3 [L3]
    Level 4 [L4]
    Level 5 [L5]
    Level 6 [L6]
    Level 7 [L7]
    Level 8 [L8]
    Level 9 [L9]
    Level 10 [L10]
    Level 11 [L11]
    Level 12 [L12]
    Level 13 [L13]
    Level 14 [L14]
    Level 15 [L15]
    Level 16 [L16]
    Level 17 [L17]
    Level 18 [L18]
    Level 19 [L19]
    Level 20 [L20]
    Level 21 to 25 [L21] [L22] [L23] [L24] [L25]
    Level 26 to 30 [L26] [L27] [L28] [L29] [L30]

Dark Ragne [B0]
    Rock Bear [B1]
    Caterdran [B2]
    Vol Dragon [B3]
    Gwanahda [B4]
    De Malmoth [B5]
    Snow Banshee/Banther [B6]

Casual Leveling [C1]

---

Perfectionist Warning [A1]

If you’re not a perfectionist then ignore.

I thoroughly recommend properly researching and finalising your strategy for the following things before touching on them:

Your Character
    Your Mag
    Your Skill Trees

And if you really wanna be perfect:

Affixes

The way your character looks can be changed, but is limited without AC. You should make sure that you get it right the first time.
    Your Mag CANNOT de-level, please decide on a feeding plan before touching on this. You need AC if you were to “mess up” your Mag.
    Skill Tree points CANNOT be taken back. You must buy additional trees if you want to put your points elsewhere, this also takes AC.

Affixes are a way end-gaming (Current End-game) your equipment. A good idea would be to collect relevant affixes from the start. I did not do this personally as I’m lazy~

---

How to register: [L0]

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...tration-guide/

Since the character creator can be hard to work around, it might be an idea to use the separate client character creator and import it to main client. This is because the creator may be English patched at this time but the main client cannot.

There is no link for this, as we are not allowed to discuss client modifications. A quick Google search will find you your link.

---

Level 1 [L1]

At this point, you should be at the tutorial. If you selected the top option, then the tutorial will have explanations of various game mechanics. If not, then it’s just a normal stage with cutscenes.

The tutorial requires you to:
    Move (WASD)
    Attack (Left Click)
    Attack in succession 3 times
    Use a photon art (Right Click)
    Jump (Space)
    Pick Up (E)
    Go through your first Emergency Code
    Use a monomate (1)
    Dash (Double tap a direction, or X)
    Increase functionality of weapon (Shift)
    Change weapon (Roller on mouse, R or F)

At the end of the tutorial, use the teleport using E to exit the stage.

---

Level 2 [L2]

You will now be in the drop ship post-stage. You can exit by using the teleport in front of you.
    Now that we’re in the block, lets learn how to start a new stage. To your left, there will be a reception-like kiosk. Approach the lady wearing light blue clothing.

Spoiler!

The First option will allow you to select your stage. When left clicking your selected stage again, choosing the first option again will allow you to create your party.

First field is the name of the party.
    Second field is the description.
    Third field is your password.

Your drop-ship will now be ready to go into to start your stage.

Spoiler!

Now should be a good time to familiarise yourself with the interface.

Menu Interface Translation:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195744

Lets go through what's available to you in the drop ship too:
    Blue icon - The shop, allows you to buy supplies and sell unwanted items
    Green icon - The storage, allows you to take from your storage
    Yellow icon - Allows you to re-make the destination of your drop-ship
    Red icon - The Medi-centre
    [I] icon - Allows you to invite AI into your party.

Drop into the scary looking pool to start your stage.
    This stage requires you to get to the end Emergency Attack Code to complete it.

Other things to try out while here:
    Lock On (Q)
    Change target (Tab)
    Change viewpoint (Z)
    Zoom out/in mini-map (M)
    Detailed map (N)
    Check and equip Weapons and Photon Arts (F5)
    Check and equip Armor (F6)
    Check and edit hotkey bar (F7)

Once done, it’s time to exit the drop-ship and take your first client order from Afin. It’s important to do this first client order as it unlocks a load of other client orders. It also gets you your first AI.

Spoiler!

Take your client order to get the blue icon, this means it’s in progress. This client order requires you to do the stage “Subdue Fongalf” (Stage 1-2) with a S rank in under 20 minutes. So lets go do that.

Once done, turn in your client order to Alfin to make the icon turn into a yellow crown. This means that it is completed. You are now able to accept client orders from Lisa, Maloo, Ohza, Jean, Hans, Emeline and Lola.

Do note that Hans and Emeline have daily quests, so check back everyday to see if their highlighted completed client orders can be taken again.

Personally, I took all client orders from Hans, Emeline, Lola and my respective NPC’s.
    Ohza if Hunter, Lisa if Ranger and Maloo if Force.

Ohza’s client orders require you to kill 20 natural enemies with the Sword, the Wired Lance and the Partisan.
    Lisa’s client orders require you to kill 20 natural enemies with the Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Gunblade
    Maloo’s client orders require you to kill 20 natural enemies with the Rod and Talis.
    Try and work towards these as they unlock high reward client orders later.

When making your way into the market place via the orange elevator, you should get a cutscene to receive your first matter board. Please refer to these guides for more information.

Client Orders 1:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-client-orders/
    Client Orders 2:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194418
    Matter Board:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...i-guide/#goals

I then went on to do stage “Dagan Extermination” (Stage 1-3).

On completion Lavelle’s client orders should become available. Lavelle’s client order’s are also daily, so check often!!

---

Level 3 [L3]

Since we got the ropes of actual gameplay, lets learn how to develop our character.

First of all, press I to access your inventory, then go to the disc tab. This is where you learn Photon Arts.

Spoiler!

Double clicking any highlighted ones will learn the photon art for your character. In the info panel, it’ll tell you the criteria needed for learning the Photon Art. The number outside the brackets is the requirement whilst the the number inside the bracket is the current value if your relevant stat.

If the Photon Art is greyed out and the number is smaller in the bracket, then hold onto it, as you will be able to learn it at a later time. If the number is larger in the bracket, then you must have already learnt the Photon Art and can choose to sell or otherwise with it.

Spoiler!

There is an NPC that lets you put points into your skill trees. The First Option will allow you to change your class and the Second Option will take you to your skill tree. For more information, please refer here:

Skill simulator translated:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195490

Once done, I continued to do “Dagan Extermination” (Stage 1-3), completing any client orders that I have done.

---

Level 4 [L4]

Now would be the time to practice Just Attacks. You may have noticed a white circle close in on your character while attacking. If you do not rapidly click, you can wait for the circle to turn red. If you time your next click correctly, you will perform a Just Attack, you will get a sound effect to signify the success. This isn’t essential but useful for maximising your damage output.

You should have completed your respective NPC’s Client Orders by now, and unlocked Josef’s Client Orders. You should work on these as they unlock high reward Client Orders later on.

For Swords, you must kill 20 Agnis (Flying ones)
    For Wired Lances, you must kill 10 Fongalf (Large wolves)
    For Partisans, you must kill 8 Garongos (Large rolling ones)

For Gunblades, you must kill 30 Galf (Small wolves)
    For Assault Rifles, you must kill 15 Za Oodan (Large monkeys)
    For Rocket Launchers, you must kill 8 Garongos (Large rolling ones)

For Rods, you must kill 30 Galf (Small wolves)
    For Talis’, you must kill 8 Garongos (Large rolling ones)

---

Level 5 [L5]

You are now high enough level to go through “Nab Rappy Capture” (Stage 1-4).

Once you have gone through it for the first time, you will be able to get a Client Order from Koffee. Koffee’s client orders are important as they unlock stages as well as give your character extra functionality.

Spoiler!

The two client orders Koffee give you are “Mag License” and “Free Field Forest Exploration Request”

The Mag license is done by gathering 10 Fongalf Scalps, they are dropped from Fongalf (Large wolves). Once you have complete this client order you will receive your first Mag. Please refer to this guide for more information:

Massive Mag Guide:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677

The second client order requires these criteria to be fulfilled:
    S Rank “Dagan Extermination” (Stage 1-3) in less than 10 minutes
    S Rank “Nab Rappy Capture” (Stage 1-4) in less than 12 minutes
    Gather 2 Naberius Data (These drop from various natural monsters)

Once you have completed this client order you will unlock “Free-Forest Exploration” (Stage 1-5)

---

Level 6 to 8 [L6] [L7] [L8]

I spent levels 6 to 8 completing Koffee’s client orders. The “Dagan Extermination” criteria actually took me 4 tries as it is more luck based than anything.

Spoiler!

Once you unlock “Free-Forest Exploration” (Stage 1-5), Echo’s client orders become available which give some massive experience boosts, so we should get right on that. Echo’s client order requires you to get her Rod, which can be obtained from Rock Bears. Rock Bears are the first major boss that you encounter and are found in the stage you have just unlocked, so keep at it until you get it.

[BOSS] Rock Bear [B1]

- Weak against Wind and Fire
    - Its weak spot is its head, you may have to switch view to get some more accurate attacks
    - Now would be a good time to know that you may Just Attack your Photon Arts as well
    - If you’re having trouble with the timed run while in a party, have your leader enter the boss room solo. Only one boss will spawn, you can tell your party to enter at this point. This can be done at all boss rooms to lower the difficulty.
    - Time to make use of those invulnerability frames while dashing!! You’ll need to be using them a lot throughout the game~
    - In general, I dashed sideways for the flipping attack.
    - If he starts to continuously flip, dodge towards him and end up behind him. He can’t do a 180 turn from my own experience.

---

Level 9 [L9]

Once you complete “Free-Forest Exploration” (Stage 1-5) for the first time, you will be able to unlock Caves (Gasp!!). Koffee gives you this Client Order, it requires you to S Rank “Free-Forest Exploration” (Stage 1-5) in under 15 minutes.

Once done, all you need is to get to level 10 now~

I found that Echo continues to give large chunks of experience, one client order requires you to S Rank “Nab Rappy Capture” (Stage 1-4) whilst only inviting Echo to your party. Another client order requires you to feed your Mag (Yep, that’s it). This should give you a leg up to level 10 pretty nicely.

If you’re not level 10 yet, just keep running “Free-Forest Exploration” (Stage 1-5) whilst completing any client orders that you still have.

---

Level 10 [10]

Congratulations on reaching Level 10, you’ll be able to move on to Caves~

You should have a firm grasp of the basic game mechanics and your completed client orders should set you up to continue to get large amounts of experience from them. Again, refer to the Client Orders guide to see requirements for completion.

The game is a lot deeper than just this though, this only gets you through the bare bones of the game. If you want to look into the game further there is a collection of guides here:

PSO2 Guide list:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/
    Guides and Walkthrough sticky:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196271

---

Level 11 [L11]

Huh? Still with me? But everything you need to know is just above...

Well, if you say so, let’s carry on shall we?

I went ahead and completed Stage 2-1 and Stage 2-2, nothing really special here, just introducing you to Caves.

Koffee has a new client order for you, it’s for extending your weapon palette. This is done by getting 3 Caterdran crystals, which are from the boss of Stage 2-3. We can do this with other client orders, so lets put this off for now.

Take a new client order from Afin, it requires you to S Rank Stage 2-2 with only Afin in your party.

---

Level 12 [L12]

If you have been following the guide up until now, then you should have relevant client orders available from Josef, go ahead and accept these.

These client orders require you to S Rank Stage 2-3 using only one weapon type in under 16 minutes.
    For Hunters it’s Swords, Wired Lances and Partisans.
    For Rangers it’s Gunblade, Assault Rifle and Rocket Launchers.
    For Force it’s Rods and Talis’.
    For example, if I was a Ranger, I’d want to complete Stage 2-3 three times, one time using only Gunblade, one time using only Assault Rifle and one time using only Rocket Launcher.

This works towards your Weapon Palette Expansion client order nicely too .

Oh hey look, it’s your second boss~!!

[BOSS] Caterdran [B2]

- Weak against Ice
    - This boss features a destructible tail. Once the crystal on its tail it broken, it exposes its weak point, which is also its tail.
    - It’s usually best to heal right after it emerges from the ground.
    - This boss does not seem to have any poison resistance, if you have access to any poison then go ahead and use it.
    - When it does go underground, just run in one direction and he shouldn’t be able to come up from underneath you.
    - If stunned by Caterdran, alternate mash left and right to reduce the stun time.

Once you complete Stage 2-3 for the first time, you’ll be able to accept another client order from Koffee which unlocks Free-Caves Exploration (Stage 2-4). It requires you to

S Rank “Kaltagot Extermination” (Stage 2-2) in less than 12 minutes
    S Rank “Subdue Caterdran” (Stage 2-3) in less than 16 minutes
    Gather 2 Amduscia Data (These drop from various natural monsters)

---

Level 13 [L13]

I was still working my way through my “one-weapon only” client orders. I seem to have been able to turn some of mine in even though I only got an B rank. But I’ll leave it as it is just in case.

If you’re finding it a bit difficult to get through runs, you might want to start powering up your gear. Please refer to these guides for more information:

A simplistic guide to Affix Transfer:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196573
    Weapon/Armor Affix Translations:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196561

Or you can start buying gear from other players

My Shop Thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196232

---

Level 14 [L14]

Once you unlock “Free-Caves Exploration” (Stage 2-4) you’ll be able to accept the quest to unlock Desert from Koffee. It requires you to S Rank the stage in 20 minutes or less.

[BOSS] Vol Dragon [B3]

- Weak against Ice.
    - The Tail can all be broken although I don’t see damage increases. Rather, he pauses to regenerate them allowing you to get some free damage on him.
    - If he flies directly up and starts to charge something, stand directly underneath him. He won’t be able to find a target and shoot at the ceiling instead.
    - Get ahold of a Force and get him to spam ice spells with high ticks to prolong free-damage time on him.

---

Level 15 [L15]

Gratz again!! Desert anyone? :3

---

Level 16 [L16]

Still here...? That’s awfully creepy...

Just kidding, you guys should really be knowing what you’re doing to do your own thing now. So I’ll just be bullet pointing my progress to level 20.

Also, whenever you get city missions you should try and get into them with a party. Lvl 5 PSE Bursts seem to be common here and the effort to experience ratios is pretty high. :3

Complete Stage 3-1 for the first time.
    Complete Stage 3-2 for the first time. You need to gather crystals and deposit them into the triangle teleport.
    Complete Stage 3-3 for the first time. For the drills, press and hold E when the drill is glowing.
    Continue to do client orders from Lola and dailies.

---

Level 17 [L17]

Take Afin’s client order.
    S-Rank Stage 3-2 whilst only taking Afin in your party.
    Take Koffee’s client orders.
    S-Rank Stage 3-2 in under 15 minutes.
    S-Rank Stage 3-3 in under 18 minutes.
    Acquire 2 Lillipa Data Drops. (These drop from various natural monsters)

Tip: Since Stage 3-3’s final code has its own time limit of 2 minutes, you can continue to kill monsters for the S-Rank until around 14-15 minutes before trying to activate it.

The other client order is to unlock hard mode. It requires you to kill:
    The boss from Stage 1-5 five times.
    The boss from Stage 2-3 five times.
    The boss from Stage 3-4 five times.
    Which overlaps with...

---

Level 18 [L18]

Take Josef’s “one-weapon only” client orders, they require you to kill 3 Gwanahda (Boss of Stage 3-4) with each relevant weapon.
    With Hunters it’s Swords, Wired Lances and Partisan.
    With Rangers it’s Gunblade, Assault Rifles and Rocket Launchers.
    With Force it’s Rods and Talis’.
    For example, with Ranger, I would kill the boss of Stage 3-4 nine times. 3 times with Gunblade, 3 times with Assault Rifle and 3 times with Rocket Launchers.

Tip: By making boss spawns easier by entering solo theory, you can do the opposite by getting a party of 4 human players and enter in altogether (wait for everyone else to press E on the boss portal before the leader tries to enter). This will spawn 3 per run making these Client Orders go by quicker.

Speaking of which...

[BOSS] Gwanahda [B4]

- Weak against Fire and Holy
    - The weak point is the reddish belly part and its small head
    - You can destroy its jaw
    - I’m not sure... but I think you destroy the tentacle like things to reveal its belly.
    - If it tries to to suck you in, just jump away lots of times. (Don’t worry... it violated me too >~<)

---

Level 19 [L19]

Take your relevant NPC’s Client order. (If you’re a Hunter, it’s Ohza. If you’re a Ranger, it’s Lisa. If you’re a Force, it’s Maloo)
    Their client order requires you to S-Rank Stage 3-4 with only him/herself in the party.
    You probably haven’t done the Hard Mode unlocking Client Order yet, so might as well get to that~

---

Level 20 [L20]

Level 20~!! At this point, you can be looking for a team (Guild). Trust me, you’ll be having a lot more fun with the game if you do...

---

Level 21- 25 [L21] [L22] [L23] [L24] [L25]

Accept Client Order from Gerand
    Accept Client Order from Clessida
    Accept Client Orders from Franka
    S-Rank Stage 1-2H
    Accept Client Order from Clessida
    Clear Stage 1-1H in under 3 minutes
    Accept your class’ Client Order from Clessida (1st - Hunter, 2nd - Ranger, 3rd - Force)
    Clear Stage 1-3H

Accept Client Orders from Josef.
    Clear Stage 1-4H with specific weapons.
    For Hunter it’s “ソード” (Sword), “ワイヤードランス” (Wired Lance) and “パルチザン” (Partisan).
    For Ranger it’s “ガンスラッシュ” (Gunblade), “ライフル” (Assault Rifle) and “ランチャー” (Rocket Launcher).
    For Force it’s “ロッド” (Rod) and “タリス” (Talis).

This part of the game slowly turns into a grind-fest.
    Please refer to the “Casual Levelling” part of the guide.

---

Some people told me it's hard to just find boss tips in this guide~ So here you go

[BOSS] Dark Ragne [B0]

- Weak against Holy and Fire
    - Weak spot is the red part just behind its head
    - If you’re a Force, dash right through his ranged fan-shaped AoE. If other, Jump and follow it up with a dash to avoid it. (Or just be aware and move to the side)
    - Every leg you fully destroy will daze the boss allowing you to inflict free damage onto him. When all legs have been fully destroyed he will have a prolonged down-time.
    - For Rangers, Weak Shot seems to break off with the body part breaking off. It’s recommended to Weak Shot fractured legs.
    - You can “chain” together daze-times if you decide to go for the legs during its daze (rather than its weak point). You may not hold enough damage and you might run out of legs to force it back into its daze.

[BOSS] Rock Bear [B1]

- Weak against Wind and Fire
    - Its weak spot is its head, you may have to switch view to get some more accurate attacks
    - Now would be a good time to know that you may Just Attack your Photon Arts as well
    - If you’re having trouble with the timed run while in a party, have your leader enter the boss room solo. Only one boss will spawn, you can tell your party to enter at this point. This can be done at all boss rooms to lower the difficulty.
    - Time to make use of those invulnerability frames while dashing!! You’ll need to be using them a lot throughout the game~
    - In general, I dashed sideways for the flipping attack.
    - If he starts to continuously flip, dodge towards him and end up behind him. He can’t do a 180 turn from my own experience.

[BOSS] Caterdran [B2]

- Weak against Ice
    - This boss features a destructible tail. Once the crystal on its tail it broken, it exposes its weak point, which is also its tail.
    - It’s usually best to heal right after it emerges from the ground.
    - This boss does not seem to have any poison resistance, if you have access to any poison then go ahead and use it.
    - When it does go underground, just run in one direction and he shouldn’t be able to come up from underneath you.

[BOSS] Vol Dragon [B3]

- Weak against Ice.
    - The Tail can all be broken although I don’t see damage increases. Rather, he pauses to regenerate them allowing you to get some free damage on him.
    - If he flies directly up and starts to charge something, stand directly underneath him. He won’t be able to find a target and shoot at the ceiling instead.
    - Get ahold of a Force and get him to spam ice spells with high ticks to prolong free-damage time on him.

[BOSS] Gwanahda [B4]

- Weak against Fire and Holy
    - The weak point is the reddish belly part and its small head
    - You can destroy its jaw
    - I’m not sure... but I think you destroy the tentacle like things to reveal its belly.
    - If it tries to to suck you in, just jump away lots of times. (Don’t worry... it violated me too >~<)

[BOSS] De Malmoth [B5]

- Weak against Fire
    - The weak point is its head
    - You can destroy the horns on its head to increase the surface area of its weak point.
    - Not much to say... just stay out of its way.

[BOSS] Snow Banshee/Banther [B6]

- Weak against Fire
    - I haven’t found a weak point... enlighten me community D;
    - You can destroy its four claws, once they’re all gone it’ll start slipping around on the ice. Go get your free damage~

---

Casual Levelling [C1]

Repeatable Quest Guide:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198168

Sometimes, you won’t have much direction on how to level your character. This is where I make use of dailies.

For Hans, if you have completed all of his client orders are orders in area order.

Client Orders 1 to 5 are Forest.
    Client Orders 6 to 10 are Caves.
    Client Orders 11 to 15 are Desert.
    Client Orders 16 to 20 are Tundra.

If you’re looking at Darkers, then the first 6 Client orders from Lavelle will do it.

For Franka, you will see the level of the client order, this refers to what planet the client order relates to.

Lvl 21~ is Forest.
    Lvl 24~ is Caves.
    Lvl 28~ is Desert.
    Lvl 31~ is Tundra.

Try and get as many human party members as possible in your multi-party as this increases spawn rate. Try to stick together too as going off in different directions will stunt the spawn rate as monsters will not spawn if players are present in set areas.

---

This has been Evaline from Ship 2~ I wish you well on your adventures.

I am open to feedback, feel free to share more tips with me~

Last updated 18th July 2012
    Last edited by Evaline; Jul 18, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

this is very useful for newbies
    need a bump and perhaps a sticky

Nice guide I will certainly be using it.

Thanks!

Oh wow. I'm almost lvl 19 (Hunter) and I just finished Chapter 1 thing and 52% of the first matter board. Well I've been hoarding Weapons and PAs so I guess I'll be ready for the rest :P

Join me PSO2 Ship 9

I've been using this guide, very helpful~ Thanks

Thanks allot for the guide, helped a bunch. =)

How do I know I have the forest data? I have about 10 tree looking objects... I've crushed the 100 point mission and the rappies. and I know i've collected the yellow data also.

I think I'll add a FAQ in the future I'm not that knowledgeable though