Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Have you bumped into hackers today?

I have. This dude was firing 100s of rockets in the span of a minute, and dashing without recovering. He claims to be broomop, and said if he's banned he's got a few hardware IDS he "stole" and will spoof as them to take down other players who seem to be white knighting his antics.

Is this because of GameGuard, or is there something else at work here? And I've got a 30 meg clip of this in action, but I have no idea how to report it in a way that won't simply be ignored by SEGA customer support.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

the legacy of broomop, the eternal PSO manchild script kiddie, lives on
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    Is it even worth it to try to mess with SEGA for reporting hackers if they can just make a new ID? Is GameGuard just THAT bad that these alleged CBT hacks are still working today?

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Is it even worth it to try to mess with SEGA for reporting hackers if they can just make a new ID? Is GameGuard just THAT bad that these alleged CBT hacks are still working today?
    It is.

Anyone with even a small amount of knowledge can easily bypass it.

Them re-using gameguard for an arguably Japanese flagship title is a pretty dumb decision, but I get a feeling they probably deluded themselves into thinking GameGuard is safe.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

That would mean it's someone else because in order for a script kiddie to exist he needs to steal code. Which Broomop did and that's how he learned to hack. My guess is you saw Snowfox.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    That would mean it's someone else because in order for a script kiddie to exist he needs to steal code. Which Broomop did and that's how he learned to hack. My guess is you saw Snowfox.
    tinkering with cheat engine after circumventing half-assed attempts to protect the game with GG makes broomop a script kiddie

he doesn't really deserved to be called a hacker

kid's a joke

well not really a kid anymore by now i'm sure he's like some lonely 50 year old in his mom's basement

probably became a brony
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

tinkering with cheat engine after circumventing half-assed attempts to protect the game with GG makes broomop a script kiddie

kid's a joke

well not really a kid anymore by now i'm sure he's like some lonely 50 year old in his mom's basement

probably became a brony
    Anyone who is messing with the game is not hacking but if they are finding exploits themselves, it's not being a script-kiddie either. You can call it cheating or reverse engineering. You're saying he's a script-kiddie just because he's using someone else's tool? Why make your own when they are already available? Besides, it's easy to make a memory scanner... Learn the terms first.

EDIT: GameGuard and bypassing it doesn't need to be mentioned... It's a 32-bit rootkit that is unable to detect 64-bit applications.

Basically you and most people are saying that anyone who is debugging a program is a script kiddie and it's quite humorous.
    Last edited by CastSoldierFan96; Jul 5, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

probably became a brony
    Now...is he a brony because he's 50 years old in his moms basement? lol

[off topic]
    I'm a brony but I'm only 23 lol and technically I pay rent even though still around the house lol

Of course I didn't go around finding ways to exploit the game so guess I'm in the clear haha
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

kid's a joke

probably became a brony
    You shouldn't have done that...

It would be wise to not make speculations intended to make name or fun of another person. No matter how evil, or silly they are.

Your best bet would be to check the observatory... You might be able to find him there. He was causing trouble there earlier and may have already gone to the clock tower.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ruka~ View Post
    You shouldn't have done that...

It would be wise to not make speculations intended to make name or fun of another person. No matter how evil, or silly they are.

Your best bet would be to check the observatory... You might be able to find him there. He was causing trouble there earlier and may have already gone to the clock tower.
    I applaud your use of LoZ references. Good show!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty