Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

I havent seen any yet myself but i dont want to think about it, i lost way to much of my time thanks to ass hats fracking my mem cards on dream and on cube ......

The problem with PSO2 and its previous (PC at least) incarnations is their heavy reliance on GameGuard. Basically, Sega presumes that if GameGuard doesn't catch anything--then it's safe, and there's nothing to worry about it. It doesn't matter whether he's the "real" Broomop, Snowfox, or whoever.

As it stands, if you bypass GameGuard you're more or less home free. IMO, any modern online games should automatically flag a red-alert when certain values are 'frozen' like HP, PP, and so forth. For example, if PSO was an MMO (assuming it's one with decent security) as soon as someone tried to freeze the values it should automatically kick them from the server if not suspend/ban the account as well.

This is not happening with PSO2. Hopefully the maintenance tonight does something to address that tidbit, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    For example, if PSO was an MMO (assuming it's one with decent security) as soon as someone tried to freeze the values it should automatically kick them from the server if not suspend/ban the account as well.
    With all of the lag problems this game has been having, they can't afford to do something like this. That means, just because a few possible bad people, they need to have the server constantly be checking everything that can possibly be edited in every client to make a routine that can automatically suspend/ban people. They can add something to ban you when GG detects that the CRC was changed, but CRC checks can be bypassed so they will be wasting resources (and affecting legitimate players) when the bad people can get around this anyway.

They need to have better servers first and that's the main issue (or coders)
    Last edited by CastSoldierFan96; Jul 5, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Is there even an in-game report feature? Is it only on the website?

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Garnet_Moon's question was similiar to mine.
    Do they not have GMs?
    OR I guess that wouldnt really be needed
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

It's interesting to see Broomop being glorified as some revered PSO series 'hacker'... It's just random nerd #201234 who uses 'exploits' other people have found or finds them using known methods and then causes a bit of trouble for people. There is not a single game which doesn't have exploits available, an example would be Diablo 3, a recent game which already has plenty of exploits available to anyone who can use google.

The worst (as in lamest) 'hackers' or 'exploiters' are the ones you hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post

probably became a brony
    Now...is he a brony because he's 50 years old in his moms basement? lol

[off topic]
    I'm a brony but I'm only 23 lol and technically I pay rent even though still around the house lol

Of course I didn't go around finding ways to exploit the game so guess I'm in the clear haha
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Garnet_Moon's question was similiar to mine.
    Do they not have GMs?
    OR I guess that wouldnt really be needed
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/...ode=wickeduser
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

There is no way to report in-game

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    tinkering with cheat engine after circumventing half-assed attempts to protect the game with GG makes broomop a script kiddie

he doesn't really deserved to be called a hacker

kid's a joke

well not really a kid anymore by now i'm sure he's like some lonely 50 year old in his mom's basement

probably became a brony
    You shouldn't have done that...

It would be wise to not make speculations intended to make name or fun of another person. No matter how evil, or silly they are.

Your best bet would be to check the observatory... You might be able to find him there. He was causing trouble there earlier and may have already gone to the clock tower.