Thread: Error 674

Default Error 674

Hello Forum, this is my first post on here, and it's a problem.

I'm not able to log in at ship 6, (I know of the trouble with ship 1-5) but every time I try to log in, I get error 674. I have been able to log succesfully a few times before, but most of the time I am not able to. I've done some research on the problem and I've figured it might be a wrong password. Is there any way I can look at my password or retrieve / change it?

Answers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, from here, the 600 series of errors relates to password or connection issues. Wait a few minutes, and try again? Like ten or maybe half an hour? That usually works. Watch something on TV. Helps pass the time.

If it doesn't resolve it in, say, a day, then:

You can try logging into the Sega ID page, here. You can get through the Captcha using Wiki, and if you can log in there, but not PSO, then you can breathe a sigh of relief: the World is down. For now. Your account is A-Ok.

If that doesn't work, then you can (and please note, I am not an expert here, so please please please probably wait for others to confirm this, because you can seriously screw your account!):

If you're trying to retrieve your password, you'll have to go to the Sega ID page, and get through their system. The button with the Lock picture and Sega ID next to it. On that page, you can follow the link to password reset via the "SEGA IDのパスワードをお忘れの場合はパスワードの再設定を行ってください。
    パスワードの再設定
    " link, and then follow the instructions through there. It's not difficult if you translate through it. With Google translator or something. CAREFULLY.

I have to warn you, from personal experience, that the reset system is very finicky. You have to get your answers pinpoint. Honesty here: I too tried to retrieve a password, and it kept insisting my ID was invalid, my security questions were wrong, etc. I ended up just making a new account (I was level 2 anyway). If you do end up having to make a new account (and you probably won't, but just in case), what seems to please the system is to make your Sega ID, do all that jazz, and then log into the website again before loading up and logging into PSO. That worked for my fourth account. Maybe it likes having you log in once and go through the Captcha before you start logging into all those games?

It also seems to help if you plug in some kanji for the security question when you make a Sega ID. I plugged in random kanji I pulled from Wiki, and Sega ID seems to be satisfied. At least that time it let me reset my password, anyway when I did that. Warning: copy/paste whatever you used into Word or Notepad, so you can copy/paste it in when you need to answer the security question.

But hopefully you won't have to do that! It's probably just a mis-typed password or PSO being funny. Good luck!

Ah, and also, have you created a character when you logged in before, by any chance? If you haven't, and you try to now, I think that some of the ships are down for the count at the moment and aren't allowing new sign-ups.

Then you might need to wait a week. I think that was they said.

Oh! I totally forgot this was open. >< I changed my pass and it worked after. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've been getting this issue for the past few days, I haven't been able to log in and play once yet. What should I do? I try to log in on ship 2 but I keep getting this error