Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default That awkward moment...when your Japanese teammate says your name then a sentence.

Usually when I play with Japanese people in ANY game I never say anything because the moment I do I get kicked for being English or not knowing Japanese or vice versa they leave.

But I love those times where we are doing a mission and they go HDUHWDIUAW Ark HDWIUAHDIWAUDBIUAWDH. I go O.O......*Puts in smiley faces or question marks*

Anyone else have these type of....incidents?

For instance check out the chat.

[/URL]

Makes me regret not taking Japanese lessons.
    Last edited by Ark22; Jul 10, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

If I ever see something like that I Copy and Paste the text into Google Translate, hasn't failed me yet.

Yeah, I try to have google translate open at all times just in case this happens. It has a few times, and usually I can't make heads or tails of what they've said. So I do my hunter thang where I hit things with swords and try to not die.

Half the time I get a friend request at the end of it, I guess they thought I did good.

I'll need to find a translation of something to the ends of "Hello. I am Gigawuts and would like to play with you, but translate slowly with a website. I hope you don't mind."

No.
    All the Japanese players love associating with me!

Haha.
    Haha...haha...

Yeah I've been there..
    I've made some good Japanese friends regardless though.
    :3

Have you ever used Google Translate to put a reply back to them?

I have! I usually get "wwwww" responses.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    If I ever see something like that I Copy and Paste the text into Google Translate, hasn't failed me yet.
    I would do that but I am sitting down on my chair like 5 feet away from my laptop looking at my TV. I only have my wireless keyboard...

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The Japanese people I've come across so far don't really mind that I don't speak the language, they'll even say stuff in, though somewhat broken, English.

He really didn't even say a sentence to you. Just "PT finish". PT is just an abbreviation for ParTy. He was saying the party is over with. He also said "PT thanks", which means "Thanks for the party".

Only Japanese fellow I've played with that bothered trying to communicate with me was nice enough. He joins our party, and starts spouting off in Japanese. My friend, thinking quickly, goes to one of the threads here on PSOW and copypastas "We can't speak Japanese" (in Japanese) into the game chat and sends it.

He responded with "it ok i can't english haha."

So, we did a run with him, and then I had to go. I thanked him for playing, and he thanked us back (as best he could). Wasn't too bad. There have been other JP players that have joined my party, seen my friends and I typing in English, and then immediately left. I guess I can understand, but it still seems rude.

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    He really didn't even say a sentence to you. Just "PT finish". PT is just an abbreviation for ParTy. He was saying the party is over with. He also said "PT thanks", which means "Thanks for the party".
    I never knew that. Thanks =) I wish I had more pictures of those moments. For all I know PT means...something along the lines of me sucking and kicking me from the group!

but no seriously, I got a lot of those PT's, now I know what it is.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!