Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Consensus on max hunter DPS?

Edit: skip to this post http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...66#post2799766 for the start of on-topic replies and discussion.

Has there been a consensus on how to get maximum DPS as hunter? I've looked through a few threads (especially the hunter ability tree thread, lots of good info) but I'm not sure what people currently think is the best approach for maximizing DPS.

For example, have we figured out if a gunslash with smart PA usage will do more single-target DPS than a sword? Is it better to put points in fury stance or in other attack bonuses? Is sword gear a significant DPS boost? I'm wondering if anyone has good info on this stuff now.

If anyone has stuff they want to model or simulate, let me know and I can help code something up.
    Last edited by drew_pso; Jul 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

Shouldn't you be more concerned which type of dps is more fun for you? This isn't WoW.

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

Poison V, that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrey666 View Post
    Shouldn't you be more concerned which type of dps is more fun for you? This isn't WoW.
    Maximum DPS with a melee weapon without regard to my own physical safety (HP and defense stats) is the most fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by drew_pso View Post
    Maximum DPS with a melee weapon without regard to my own physical safety (HP and defense stats) is the most fun for me
    Well i suppose that is better than what i thought you would say.Makes sense then.

"Don't worry my friend, i am a doctor.Shame i lost my license, but you don't mind, right?"

God, this mindset drives me nuts. Just let people play the way they want. If you're so concerned about fun, don't question where other people find it.

As for how to maximize effectiveness, all I know is what I've done and seen, but it depends on what exactly you're looking for; it's a much more variable subject in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    God, this mindset drives me nuts. Just let people play the way they want. If you're so concerned about fun, don't question where other people find it.

As for how to maximize effectiveness, all I know is what I've done and seen, but it depends on what exactly you're looking for; it's a much more variable subject in this game.
    As someone who has been playing rpgs/mmos/mmorpgs since i was a kid, the new mindset that was given birth by WoW sickens me.I know i shouldn't question how they have fun but it is also why WoW's community is so terrible.It spawned a new gen of mmorpg gamer.Ones that are only concerned what the 'best" is.Once they find that "best" they don't bother with anything else and anyone outside of this "best".

Sure that is the worst side of it, but it is being seen everywhere now.

Luckily this guy just wants to be reckless, which i enjoy doing too XD

As for my hunter i intend to go gunblades only,max JA,max fury stance, and fury critical, max dodge, and get reversal. So if i don't dodge ill die. I like it.

As someone who has been playing rpgs/mmos/mmorpgs since i was a kid, the new mindset that was given birth by WoW sickens me.I know i shouldn't question how they have fun but it is also why WoW's community is so terrible.It spawned a new gen of mmorpg gamer.Ones that are only concerned what the 'best" is.Once they find that "best" they don't bother with anything else and anyone outside of this "best".

Sure that is the worst side of it, but it is being seen everywhere now.

Luckily this guy just wants to be reckless, which i enjoy doing too XD

As for my hunter i intend to go gunblades only,max JA,max fury stance, and fury critical, max dodge, and get reversal. So if i don't dodge ill die. I like it.
    A lot of it has to do with how Blizzard didn't really (by either deliberate design choice or a mistake) make the class trees in WoW that effective at presenting a choice. Too much of it was "increase by such amount" and "boosted by said %" or "no damage on a save" kind of effects that were easily broken down into their component parts and simply CALCULATED to arrive at a winner at the top of the heap. Damn the scientific method I guess.

Also, when you get enough people under one tent, your chances of finding abnormally loud douchebags goes up significantly. Especially when this is combined with the Internet. I present to you, John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory!
    Last edited by 10011408V3.9; Jul 10, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

since i was a kid, the new mindset that was given birth by WoW
    What? Minmaxing has been around since the dawn of humanity. Wanting to get the most out of your money, resources, troops, character, yourself is no concept that was born with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by recursive View Post
    What? Minmaxing has been around since the dawn of humanity. Wanting to get the most out of your money, resources, troops, character, yourself is no concept that was born with WoW.
    That is true, but this flavor is more like an advanced case of Munchkinism.