Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Well if it takes close to 2 months for the first update like it did with PSU, which that game never recovered from(or got better), yeah the game is dead in the water.

But it still nice that it's coming over. I've been needing a new MMO/PSO game for years now.
    PSU never recovered ultimately from the giant hack fest of Meseta duping. It had nothing really to do with the content delay (although I won't deny that there are players who probably left for that fact alone).

Content is a very big reason, particularly if they are pay to play servers. The fact that it is Free play is going to help the game a lot. It lowers people's update expectations since they aren't questioning where all this mandatory money is going when competing games of monthly payments do such a good job with it.

As I said before, international PC users have a lot of choice out there, and they always have been quick to drop a game when it is not updating to their expectations. But they stick around longer on a F2P model unless there's too much oversaturation of a similar game experience also on F2P.

Those concerns were mine when I wrote my initial open letter to SEGA not with anything mean, but just with the idea that they need to be ready to keep updates coming and people informed especially since they chose PC as a platform. The platform with both the highest population and the most volatile MMO scene. Science-fiction themed games have done the worst of all the PC MMOs coming out. Save for Eve Online. A number of them tried and failed with timely updates and never lived long enough to see their true potential.

As a series of online games, Phantasy Star is the longest-lasting Science-Fiction online game (kind of like an MMO) that still has running servers. However, Star Trek is alive and kicking, with great thanks to their reaction to their major drop off of customers with a Free 2 play model that also saved their game and made them profitable (like D&D online).
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Content is a very big reason, particularly if they are pay to play servers. The fact that it is Free play is going to help the game a lot. It lowers people's update expectations since they aren't questioning where all this mandatory money is going when competing games of monthly payments do such a good job with it.
    well the thing is, it will die if they don't update often. When it comes to F2P if they don't keep adding new content consistently, they won't be able to continue making money from the game very well. If anything, F2P would raise people's update expectations.

well here's hoping some nice people either over at Sega or Nicer community players patch the JP client with English text.

It just sucks that it happened again, I can't believe they were satisfied with the way PSU was handled.

So I'm either going to play with English weapon texts but no story translations or 1 year behind and poor content support but at least I'll know what's going on. Ugh this is extremely saddening. I'm seriously considering giving up on PSO2 altogether because of this.

so here is a question I have been throwing around my head recently.

Can SoA make their own updates/events to the game, separate from the JP version and then add in the JP version updates/events when they get them?

Not gonna lie I would not mind having events based around the EU/US cultures and holidays
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic73510_1.gif
    Character: Rhal, HUcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin13 View Post
    so here is a question I have been throwing around my head recently.

Can SoA make their own updates/events to the game, separate from the JP version and then add in the JP version updates/events when they get them?

Not gonna lie I would not mind having events based around the EU/US cultures and holidays
    SoA is already taking their sweet time translating the game, not marketing at all, and sitting on their ass, what makes you think they would ever make original content with all the spare time they have? Sakai said it himself, he was surprised we translated an patched the game overnight. SoA still doesn't get the message. To answer the question, yeah they could, but they won't SoA is lazy. We always have Xmas, Vday, Independence, Halloween, and Sonic birthday that's all I can recall SoA has ever done as far as lobby theming goes/drops.
    PSO2 Karai

Not to mention Valentines Day and White day aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    PSU never recovered ultimately from the giant hack fest of Meseta duping. It had nothing really to do with the content delay (although I won't deny that there are players who probably left for that fact alone).
    To be honest, I'm already considering to go to JP PSO2. The more I think about SoA's history, the more I don't wont to deal with that bullshit again.

Yeah I remember the long lines of people receiving 99mil meseta from that group.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Konflyk View Post
    SoA is already taking their sweet time translating the game, not marketing at all, and sitting on their ass, what makes you think they would ever make original content with all the spare time they have? Sakai said it himself, he was surprised we translated an patched the game overnight. SoA still doesn't get the message. To answer the question, yeah they could, but they won't SoA is lazy. We always have Xmas, Vday, Independence, Halloween, and Sonic birthday that's all I can recall SoA has ever done as far as lobby theming goes/drops.
    Exactly why I have a petition up right now, if anyone feels this way please sign it and support! We can get Sega's attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    Exactly why I have a petition up right now, if anyone feels this way please sign it and support! We can get Sega's attention!
    Reword your thread, and use an international petition site, and then I can sign it. I'm not bullshitting an address for that.