Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neirene View Post
    Japanese servers will be completely separated from the US/EU ones due to laws of each country, censorship issues, etc.
    Wow. What a straight up lie. (not surprising though. Sega did the same typical PR BS with their excuses for how they handled VF5FS console) Seriously, what the hell is he talking about? What laws from either country would interfere with this? What censorship issues would arise from global servers? These sound like grasping-for-straws excuses. I think they're separating the servers just so that the Japanese players will shut up with their racism already, and Sega doesn't want to admit that's the reason.

Anyway, we shouldn't condemn the International Version yet. Despite what SOA did to PSU, remember that PSO2International is joint project between SOA AND Sega Of Europe. I'm glad they're doing it like that because this will most likely mean that we won't see the general laziness that caused US PSU to turn to garbage. Do we really have any reason to believe that SOE will mishandle PSO2 just as bad as SOA handled PSU? As far as I can tell, PSO2I will be kept as up-to-date as PSO2JP (including all events). Especially considering that SOA/SOE is well-aware of how many English players are already talking about ignoring PSO2I. They know they're walking on extremely thin ice with the fans.

Also, SOA/SOE knows how many English players are already on and will stay on the JP servers when IV comes out. Because of this, I would not be surprised if SOA/SOE urge and manage to convince SOJ to connect the servers afterall. OR AT THE LEAST, offer a way to transfer accounts between the versions.

And above all, remember that while Satoshi Sakai is the producer of the game, that doesn't mean these decisions are his. At the end of the day, he works for Sega. And it's going to be Sega that decides whether or not will get global servers. I would like to see more of the context and an exact translation to what he said regarding global servers. Either way, nothing's official till at least one branch of Sega announces it.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Exclamation well

Quote Originally Posted by Cla View Post
    Wow. What a straight up lie. (not surprising though. Sega did the same typical PR BS with their excuses for how they handled VF5FS console) Seriously, what the hell is he talking about? What laws from either country would interfere with this? What censorship issues would arise from global servers? These sound like grasping-for-straws excuses. I think they're separating the servers just so that the Japanese players will shut up with their racism already, and Sega doesn't want to admit that's the reason.

Anyway, we shouldn't condemn the International Version yet. Despite what SOA did to PSU, remember that PSO2International is joint project between SOA AND Sega Of Europe. I'm glad they're doing it like that because this will most likely mean that we won't see the general laziness that caused US PSU to turn to garbage. Do we really have any reason to believe that SOE will mishandle PSO2 just as bad as SOA handled PSU? As far as I can tell, PSO2I will be kept as up-to-date as PSO2JP (including all events). Especially considering that SOA/SOE is well-aware of how many English players are already talking about ignoring PSO2I. They know they're walking on extremely thin ice with the fans.

Also, SOA/SOE knows how many English players are already on and will stay on the JP servers when IV comes out. Because of this, I would not be surprised if SOA/SOE urge and manage to convince SOJ to connect the servers afterall. OR AT THE LEAST, offer a way to transfer accounts between the versions.

And above all, remember that while Satoshi Sakai is the producer of the game, that doesn't mean these decisions are his. At the end of the day, he works for Sega. And it's going to be Sega that decides whether or not will get global servers. I would like to see more of the context and an exact translation to what he said regarding global servers. Either way, nothing's official till at least one branch of Sega announces it.
    It might have to do with soccer moms perception of lolis
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Sadly, most divisions of SEGA throughout Europe have closed their doors recently. As a result, SoE really won't make any difference if PSO2 US/EU is to fail miserably. I guess.

By the way, welcome back thread, long time no see. Enjoy your revival while it lasts.

cool cool ill work on this till then. im hoping to the NA when its up because i have to play with zachary for sure
    Don't mind me i'm just reaching for your necklace, talking to my mom about this little girl from Texas.

dude my first day on pso2 i saw a photo of a cat saying penis that would never fly in the NA servers lol
    Don't mind me i'm just reaching for your necklace, talking to my mom about this little girl from Texas.

I heard that the jp servers are getting froze for the vita release and seeing as though the NA/EU release will be around the same sort of time im judging that sega have actually seen the negative feedback from psu and wont be foolish a second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    I heard that the jp servers are getting froze for the vita release and seeing as though the NA/EU release will be around the same sort of time im judging that sega have actually seen the negative feedback from psu and wont be foolish a second time around.
    Consoles were nowhere near as capable of updating as the Vita is. You're forgetting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    I heard that the jp servers are getting froze for the vita release
    Source?

BUAHAHAH! I am sticking to the Japanese server then! ....... After all, no problems there! Yes.. trolling US Servers

THIS.

Makes me sad though, I'd rather play on the JP server with an official English Patch by SEGAc but I know it'll never happen.
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?