Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm just gonna tag myself a post here so I can find this later. I'm having difficulty getting myself some AC (On the other hand, my force is rocking her striking mag), so I want to try as many options as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedrimond View Post
    You can also use Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/) to get a legal Japanese address for yourself. If you choose the Paypal option, they don't ask for CC information and don't charge you anything.

Speaking of charges, has anyone else still not had their AC purchases taken out by Sega? I got my AC long ago, but the authorization holds/pending transactions disappeared...
    I called my bank and they told me that it's on SEGA's end to put it through their banking or whatever. Because a pending charge means it was checking if you have the money. I don't know why they haven't pulled the money from my account, but my bank told me it's not on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    I called my bank and they told me that it's on SEGA's end to put it through their banking or whatever. Because a pending charge means it was checking if you have the money. I don't know why they haven't pulled the money from my account, but my bank told me it's not on their end.
    My bank said the same thing.

yeah, i bought 5 bucks of ac on opening day, still hasn't shown on my records yet.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Nah, you don't give Tenso anything-- you sign up for a free account, and they give you an address. During the registration process, Tenso asks for your CC number (in the event you do use their pay service). Instead of inputting that, choose the Paypal option, and they don't ask for any payment information.

Once you register, they give you a Japanese address and phone number for you to use. The Sega website accepts this just fine. On the Sega payment page, you can even type your name in English (use full alphanumeric) and then just translate your name into kana in the second box. This way all your info is legit.
    Alright, though just to double check, I'm still going to have to use a credit card on SEGA's site, right?

Also, for the name, could you just punch your name into Google translator, or does that not really work?
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Jul 13, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Yeah, that's what my bank said, too-- was just checking if it was the same situation for everyone, and if anyone had a clue what was up with Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Alright, though just to double check, I'm still going to have to use a credit card on SEGA's site, right?

Also, for the name, could you just punch your name into Google translator, or does that not really work?
    You'll have to use a credit card on Sega's website, unless you use webmoney (which has a huge markup and you have to jump through some more hoops to obtain).

As for putting your name in katakana, sometimes Google Translate works. The easiest way is to just type out the sounds of your name with your keyboard set to katakana. Also, http://jisho.org/ is a Japanese dictionary that lists some Western surnames in kana. You could try searching there.
    PSO2 - Rhed - Ship 10: Full of roleplayers!
    PSZ -- Increase -- FC: 5113 3518 4199
    The Vanguard - Phantasy Star Roleplaying Community!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay - The PSO-W group for PSO2 RP, Ship 2 and all!

Tagging this thread for reference too.
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I'm just gonna tag myself a post here so I can find this later. I'm having difficulty getting myself some AC (On the other hand, my force is rocking her striking mag), so I want to try as many options as I can.
    same here as in the future I do plan to get some arks cash.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

You can also use Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/) to get a legal Japanese address for yourself. If you choose the Paypal option, they don't ask for CC information and don't charge you anything.

Speaking of charges, has anyone else still not had their AC purchases taken out by Sega? I got my AC long ago, but the authorization holds/pending transactions disappeared...
    Excellent post - I needed a JP address for other things, I didn't realise that's how this service works, I thought it was more like Rinkya.

Seriously, people, isn't there a guide about this already ?

Write your regular infos, your TRUE infos.
    The only things to remember are that some fields require "full width caracters" and that you need to indicate some japanese district in the adress.

In my case I simple wrote 東京都 before my real, honest-to-god adress.

It worked on PSOBB, on PSU, and it works on PSO2.

There's a whole section in the ToS about not using bogus infos. I risk being banned as well - apach, France is not remotely in the Tokyo district - but at least they can see that I tried being honest with them...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr