Page 1626 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 626112615261576161616231624162516261627162816291636 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,260 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Alright buddy, create a quest a solo player has to run to get in Expert because this mentality of having 4 ppl run a quest that somehow deems the group as "Expert" doesnt do anything because 1-3 people can be good and 1-3 can be bad or a mix bag, either way someones getting carried and whether theyre on the floor dead until the stage is cleared is not a prime example of an "Expert" player.

And imagine in this day and age any Te player suffering solo content despite all the buffs it got it may not have the fastest times but its still not struggling like it used to and even then, 1yr ago there were TEs who still cleared the solo XQ.

Tell me how you would remedy all this without catering to the casual cries because "too hard waah my Lightstream weapon doesnt do enough dmg, my Lightstream units dont protect me enough"
    I already answered everything you are asking in the post in the original. The point is that it's better to give people less reason to require good groups on easy content (do we really need the 250% tax and 100% triboost stacking, which is already bulk of your boosts) and more flexibility so they can select those on their own by putting requirements in the party comment (15*, clear titles for certain quests, endless score titles). Right now it's only talk about right now and whatever leeway you have when doing those quests. Techers who are reasonably not shit but are still stuck with outdated gear will have some trouble S ranking Mother and Deus for example, another thing entirely with a bit outdated and not completely shitty Fi/Hu.

Games with differently structured quests never had problems with bad players because players themselves could pick more readily who they play with and without time slotting or pushing for fast clear benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Eh, Neko, please don't tell me you have trouble with boosters . I am definitely spending more boosters than you, and my current situation is this:
    I'm pretty low on boosters because I spent a lot of cubes on end-game gear, and I hoard cubes for my super duper tryhard affixes and stuff. I usually aim for 10k+ cubes in reserve for a single set of units and I'm far below that atm because I dropped a bunch of resources into gearing 2 fresh builds mostly from scratch and getting them temporary affixes. As such, my boosters dwindled. I realllllly dont like my boosters going to waste as a result. I also have really really really REALLY bad PTSD when it comes to wasted boosters from the TD3 and TD2 days. x___x

It's been years but it very solidly instilled a sense of dread in me when it came to PUGs and wasted boosters.
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 1, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Thank you PSO2 Day, finally done levelling Phantom.
    Now testing out GuPh >_>
    I really wish GuPh can have that AttackJellen >_>
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

unrelated to other discussion, what are you running for pso2 day in terms of exp? not really sure what i can do besides e.forest and that's somehow more dull than boss rush
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    unrelated to other discussion, what are you running for pso2 day in terms of exp? not really sure what i can do besides e.forest and that's somehow more dull than boss rush
    bonus keys my friendo

i was hoping for something a little more... unlimited, lol

fair enough tho

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I can only say how I think this will affect me, friends and team. What I know it will do, is that I will be forced to pick, if I want to play on an expert MPA or to play with friends/team who
    are likely to not get the expert matching easily or at all. The difference between before and now is that I was actually help my friends and team to get the expert requirement done, if they
    were well enough geared and skilled enough to hold their ground in the XQ. Now I can't do anything to help them out and just have to accept that I am forced to pick between runs with friends/team and expert MPA. As I said, that is, what the change will do to me personally. Not sure what reasons other people may have.

I know it's hard to understand apparently, because I keep getting the comment, that 1yr old content is not that hard, but for some people
    it may still be hard and some people may also not have top tier gear. And while I understand that people want fast runs (it's not like I WANT to be stuck in a 20 minute Persona run, but it also does not kill me, if it happens), I still think that there always will better players and less good players, it's just in the nature of any game. I just don't refer to people as "bad" just because they may not have a 15* weapon yet or running on rather common 12* units. That doesn't make a person / player "bad" to me.

Also for the record - I don't think all those very well equipped people who like the existence of expert are elitist filth or anything. I only get annoyed so often
    because some people in this forum tend to be pretty, condescending and belittleing to people, who may or may not be as good as them.
    You still can help your friends learn to improve if they want to get expert requirement. Have them record their gameplay, give them tips or tricks on how to get passed certain stages, or abusing weapon weaknesses for passing stage correctly. Just because you can't carry them through doesn't mean you can't still assist them in clearing it as a solo requirement. I know it seems almost taboo at this point on this forum to talk about practicing and improving, but that's exactly the point of the requirements in the first place. Otherwise, if it doesn't bother you much, just go play non-expert with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Solo testing in a multiplayer game is almost retarded. Some classes weren't meant to be solo kings, and even if Sega is trying to homogenize things, that effort in itself is a dumb endeavour. Right now requirement of expert are two quests done within specific time frame. Right now the time frame is also lax enough, so every time someone makes a complaint because he is Te/Hu, one can just post video of another Techer making an S rank there. Of course it completely misses the point that it really is unfair, and people in general either post good class with bad gear, or bad class with good gear to prove points, depending from which side people complain (my gear is too weak vs my class combo sucks). In fact Sega will always be stuck not being able to make requirements harsh enough because it will filter the Techer playerbase for example, or whoever gets to hold the lowest DPS candle at the time, while leaving alone anyone semi decent with top tier classes. All that's left is giving enough leeway so that cheese can happen, the strongest classes when well geared move with no effort, and undergeared weaker classes have to try a bit.
    since you're benchmarking with te/hu, let's look at stage weakness.
    stage2: lightning, wand - zondeel smack blows up this stage
    stage3: wired lance - you don't have to do both phases with wand here, pickup a DF double wired lance from 2019 shop and you're set to clear this with automate
    stage4: wind - no weapon weakness, but improved wind weakness letting you opt for zanverse smacking here while matching all weakness at the same time. you have 5 minutes to kill chrome, that's pretty reasonable imo
    stage5: light + wand - arguably hardest stage, but you get double weaknesses here. yes you need to learn how to press nabarta correctly, just like hunas in stage1. that's the point, learning how to block attacks and do damage at the same time as any class including te. with the weaknesses this isn't that unreasonable.

now let's look at guides trig. for a lot of people, deus is harder than mother. however, you can abuse the fuck out of wand PA for deus because it's huge precharge damage whenever he slams. even if te dps is weak, because it has prechargeable damage, it doesn't matter enough to slow you down that much. deus is full of opportunities to use it both on slam and for dragon heads reappearing after an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Don't even get me how leaving the newest players that are the ones actually needing those 6 excubes for RDR, with worst quality runs where they observe mostly worse players is just driving the averages down. Meanwhile experts need all of precious boosts, while doing 4 EQ in the timeframe of one hopping between ships, yet still complain about not having enough loot. I also hope not all of the game plans to bring time attacks as the baseline experience outside of dress up.
    it's always relative. newer players want their cubes so they can use 250s regularly, older players want their cubes so they can plan big affixes while keeping 250 on.

Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    i was hoping for something a little more... unlimited, lol

fair enough tho
    You can always spam the current 4th Feature Quest, if I recall, Winged Border-Break isn't too bad of EXP. Since it's PSO2 day, I know a ton of people forget about AQs but, I think ARKS Rappy spawn a ton in there and EXP isn't too bad there. You could make meseta and get EXP that way.

Also next time put this under Quick Questions as to not change topic of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    You can always spam the current 4th Feature Quest, if I recall, Winged Border-Break isn't too bad of EXP. Since it's PSO2 day, I know a ton of people forget about AQs but, I think ARKS Rappy spawn a ton in there and EXP isn't too bad there. You could make meseta and get EXP that way.

Also next time put this under Quick Questions as to not change topic of the thread.
    I appreciate the suggestions, it was more of a "am I missing something particular I could take advantage of here" and figured I'd ask since we've been discussing the merits of expert v. non-expert for the past few pages anyway

that said, noted

It'll be crazy PSO2Day Golden week boosted: Tokyo Silver - 21, Tokyo Gold - 28, Rappy - 20,
    Magatsu Silver/Gold/Kazuchi - 1 of each >_<