Page 1623 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 6231123152315731613162016211622162316241625162616331673 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,230 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I have to again ask this, because I am not covered by any answer given so far on this forum: When is someone "leeching", "being a detriment", "holding an mpa" back?
    If I do not play the currently highest dps dealing build, do I leech?
    If I can deal 200k dps, but I decide to slack instead and just deal 100k, but still end up highest damage dealer with over more 50% damage done than 2nd spot, do I leech?
    If I perform to nearly 95%+ of the theoretical max potential of my build but still end up last spot, do I leech?
    If I can go Techer to boost the total mpa damage by over +50%, but instead decide to play my FotM build because f*ck mpa, I just care for my own damage, leading to a run that takes 1min+ longer than optimal, but I still end up being highest damage dealer, do I leech? Does everyone who could go Techer but didn't on that run leech?
    This will vary from person to person but I myself only consider people leeching if they use a completely unviable build (like Fo/Hu) or just run around and do nothing, pretending to participate in the fight (or just straight up afk). Here is the thing: People who do that know they're idiots so I doubt they'd be upset that Sega is forcing them to hang out with less skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    This will vary from person to person but I myself only consider people leeching if they use a completely unviable build (like Fo/Hu) or just run around and do nothing, pretending to participate in the fight (or just straight up afk). Here is the thing: People who do that know they're idiots so I doubt they'd be upset that Sega is forcing them to hang out with less skilled players.
    Same here I don't care about being optimal or stuff, just people being there actively participating and at least doing something. I don't even include build viability personally. If someone runs something weird like RA/BO, ok fine. But if they're actually playing and contributing at least a little to the mpa, there is no problem. I consider a "leech" someone that just expects everybody else to do the heavy lifting while they do 0 effort and then are entitled to the same rewards despite the other players doing that person's job.

I started doing solo UQ yesterday (i didn't give a shit back when it came out due to hiatus) and already got the rear!

I have to again ask this, because I am not covered by any answer given so far on this forum: When is someone "leeching", "being a detriment", "holding an mpa" back?
    If I can deal 200k dps, but I decide to slack instead and just deal 100k, but still end up highest damage dealer with over more 50% damage done than 2nd spot, do I leech?
    If I perform to nearly 95%+ of the theoretical max potential of my build but still end up last spot, do I leech?
    If I can go Techer to boost the total mpa damage by over +50%, but instead decide to play my FotM build because f*ck mpa, I just care for my own damage, leading to a run that takes 1min+ longer than optimal, but I still end up being highest damage dealer, do I leech? Does everyone who could go Techer but didn't on that run leech?

This is something that doesn't add up. Since the new Expert requirements will be stricter, it means that the average player who manages it will be of higher performance than previous Expert. But this also means that some previous Experts, the lower "echelon", will now be "locked" to non-Expert, which means that the average non-Expert run should also be better.

The players who will have a "worse" experience than before, will be exactly that lower "echelon". Because in previous Expert mode they were mostly carried by the better Experts, but now they will have to do the carrying themselves in the non-Expert mode. Everyone else (the Experts who get to stay Experts, and the previous non-Experts who remain non-Expert) will have on average better mpa experiences.

I dont equate bad performance with leeching. The difference for me lies in the attitude(willing to learn and such). You can get good results while trolling, and you can try your hardest but still have bad results because of bad personal skill/bad gear(bad rng and such). I would only consider you a leecher if you have both bad attitude and bad results.

That being said, seeing as the only reason I do MPAs instead of soloing is because of easier/faster clears, all I want is results. I dont care if you leech or not, if you are getting good results I am happy.

This is something that doesn't add up. Since the new Expert requirements will be stricter, it means that the average player who manages it will be of higher performance than previous Expert. But this also means that some previous Experts, the lower "echelon", will now be "locked" to non-Expert, which means that the average non-Expert run should also be better.

The players who will have a "worse" experience than before, will be exactly that lower "echelon". Because in previous Expert mode they were mostly carried by the better Experts, but now they will have to do the carrying themselves in the non-Expert mode. Everyone else (the Experts who get to stay Experts, and the previous non-Experts who remain non-Expert) will have on average better mpa experiences.
    I'm sure that quality will increase overall on both sides. My point was rather that the whole expert matching is unnecessary in my opinion. I had no real problems with running EQs and stuff
    before the expert matching existed. So to me (personal opinion and point of view) it feels like a pointless feature.

To me, a leecher is someone who just sits in a party, doing nothing and gaining exp or items for that. I remember very well when the Arkuma Land LQs were a thing,
    so many people would join a party and then either sit somewhere in the MPA not moving at all or just auto-follow somebody around the whole map, doing nothing themselves. I'd call
    that leeching.

All things considered I personally don't really care if a player does 10k, 100k, 500k damage or whatever. It's like with everything else in life, some people are better at something, some are worse at something. This is fact for this game as well. Do we need to lock people out, just because they can't do a certain quest within a certain timeframe - I doubt it, but it doesn't matter.
    Sega has decided and so people have to either try and improve to get it done (if they aren't super awesome and beat the runs in 3 minutes already) or give up.
    I do wonder how many people will be able to access expert matching when the new requirements take place.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Do we need to lock people out, just because they can't do a certain quest within a certain timeframe.
    yes

5char

Do we need to lock people out, just because they can't do a certain quest within a certain timeframe

73a7a271bf.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do we need to lock people out, just because they can't do a certain quest within a certain timeframe - I doubt it, but it doesn't matter.
    i would like my boosters not going to excessive waste when i decided to play with randoms.

i would not like to go back to the time where players who wanted good runs would afk-camp blocks, forcing blocks to be full for several hours.

i would not like to go back the times where there were "secret blocks" where the more skilled players would random at.

i would not like to go back to the times where when one thing goes wrong, people abandon, which is far more likely when you don't have a skill-based filter because you don't know how long the run will take when it goes south immediately.

i can go on and on.

so yes, i would like to lock people out who cant complete quests that are already extremely generous in terms of the conditions for achieving an completely optional and not required feature.

Wow, what a bunch of selfish and "elitist" replies, no wonder I prefer to pug.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of selfish and "elitist" replies, no wonder I prefer to pug.
    imagine wanting to pug in a non expert mpa