Page 1672 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 67211721572162216621669167016711672167316741675 LastLast
Results 16,711 to 16,720 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I need to know why FoEt? Is the def and mate use that good? And are you using it for the same/different pp skill usage?
    because low effort Gizonde spam, thats why....and its not that bad of a sub either but personally I like Fo/Ph more
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    people need to move on from Fo/Te and get with Fo/Ph or Fo/Et, really no reason to bother with Fo/Te anymore when you have Genon to solve your PP issues especially when those 2 output better than Fo/Te. Fo/Te is fine in NA until Ph/Et subs come out
    one dimensional thinking. fo/te is still better than fo/et for raids (e.g. omega luther).

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    one dimensional thinking. fo/te is still better than fo/et for raids (e.g. omega luther).
    I think it was stupid in the first place to split the 3 OG classes into 6. In both PSO and PSU, Hunters masters all types of melee weapons, Rangers mastered all range weapons and Forces mastered all elements. That being said, perhaps they'll do something about it when they're done with the current advance classes.

The advance classes they made are meant to represent all PSO2 classes (except Su for obvious reasons) by using one of their respective weapons but with new PAs:

He: Hu, Gu, Fo/Te (Guess there was no way a Talk could be used as a serious weapon, sorry Su)
    Ph: Fo, Ra, Br
    Et: Te, Bo, Fi
    Sc: All (Gunslash)

Pretty sure it will end there, so maybe they can start powering up the traditional classes after that? Perhaps allowing us to fuse 2 classes to gain access to all of the weapons, skills, PAs and Techs of those 2 classes. This would add interesting new combos and more variety than seeing the current advance classes all play the same way -_-
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Ya but do you really think casuals care? Most of them Ive seen jumped to Fo/Et because of low effort Gi Zonde and it being the latest trend class at that.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I think it was stupid in the first place to split the 3 OG classes into 6. In both PSO and PSU, Hunters masters all types of melee weapons, Rangers mastered all range weapons and Forces mastered all elements. That being said, perhaps they'll do something about it when they're done with the current advance classes.

The advance classes they made are meant to represent all PSO2 classes (except Su for obvious reasons) by using one of their respective weapons but with new PAs:

He: Hu, Gu, Fo/Te (Guess there was no way a Talk could be used as a serious weapon, sorry Su)
    Ph: Fo, Ra, Br
    Et: Te, Bo, Fi
    Sc: All (Gunslash)

Pretty sure it will end there, so maybe they can start powering up the traditional classes after that? Perhaps allowing us to fuse 2 classes to gain access to all of the weapons, skills, PAs and Techs of those 2 classes. This would add interesting new combos and more variety than seeing the current advance classes all play the same way -_-
    did you play PSU for that long? the vanilla classes lasted 1 year. after that, they split weapon proficiency up a lot (fortefighter, acrofighter, fighmaster, etc. for melee weps) with clear themes.

sega themselves said adv classes were meant to replace the other classes, not represent which is a subtle difference. obviously, they backtracked on this since so many people had a problem with that and have tried to balance accordingly in some fashion.

i'll agree that the 3 advanced classes all look flashy, but they play very differently from each other.

Ya but do you really think casuals care? Most of them Ive seen jumped to Fo/Et because of low effort Gi Zonde and it being the latest trend class at that.
    i don't really care either way. i'm just saying you shouldn't tell people fo/et is better than fo/te when there's relevant content where that's simply not the case.
    Last edited by milranduil; Jul 1, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

did you play PSU for that long? the vanilla classes lasted 1 year. after that, they split weapon proficiency up a lot (fortefighter, acrofighter, fighmaster, etc. for melee weps) with clear themes.

sega themselves said adv classes were meant to replace the other classes, not represent which is a subtle difference. obviously, they backtracked on this since so many people had a problem with that and have tried to balance accordingly in some fashion.

i'll agree that the 3 advanced classes all look flashy, but they play very differently from each other.
    Well to be clear, I've only played online in the first couple of months when it came out, but my PC was shit and I didn't have the disposable income back then to not only get a better one, but also to pay for the PSU monthly fees. I eventually bought the game on PS2 and played the game offline with both the story mode and the 2nd scenario where you get to create your own character, so I'm assuming that this is why I'm only familiar with the 3 classes.

As my 2nd comment, I didn't mean between different advance classes, I mean when many people use the same advance class, battles tend to look same everywhere you look since each weapons only have 5 to 6 PAs.
    Spoiler!

i don't really care either way. i'm just saying you shouldn't tell people fo/et is better than fo/te when there's relevant content where that's simply not the case.
    mind explaining to me then in the Force Thread about where Fo/Ph-Fo/Te-Fo/Et stand then? because my view on it over time has been Ph>Et>Te sub since what info I read up and what I noticed in game. I was pretty sure Te had fallen off because of the other 2 subs
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post
    I hate Dudu...
    Dudu is the least of your problems, getting the VERY expensive discontinued weapons from the player shops will be the real challenge here. Took me like 3 months or something when I did it a little while back.
    Spoiler!

Well to be clear, I've only played online in the first couple of months when it came out, but my PC was shit and I didn't have the disposable income back then to not only get a better one, but also to pay for the PSU monthly fees. I eventually bought the game on PS2 and played the game offline with both the story mode and the 2nd scenario where you get to create your own character, so I'm assuming that this is why I'm only familiar with the 3 classes.

As my 2nd comment, I didn't mean between different advance classes, I mean when many people use the same advance class, battles tend to look same everywhere you look since each weapons only have 5 to 6 PAs.
    that would explain it then. PSU branched out a ton with weapon proficiency, so the offline and vanilla variants are poor representations of the end product even just a couple years after release.

that's fair. i think that's more of a reflection that advanced classes are more adaptable with ease of use than original classes (pre-hero) to general gameplay scenarios, so naturally people flock to them since this is a casual game after all. i think it's inevitable unless the overhaul they have planned for the end of this year completely redesigns how classes play (which i somehow doubt beyond lv100 skills maybe).

mind explaining to me then in the Force Thread about where Fo/Ph-Fo/Te-Fo/Et stand then? because my view on it over time has been Ph>Et>Te sub since what info I read up and what I noticed in game. I was pretty sure Te had fallen off because of the other 2 subs
    raid boss is exactly the scenario where te sub still trumps ph and et sub. omega luther for example is both light and dark weak, light and dark techs are still strongest with te sub when matching element. solo pd and guides would also be fo/te for the same reason. fo/ph and fo/et arose because gizonde was buffed months ago and genon talis solved their PP management issue. ph and et subs remain strongest only for fo's primary elements (fire ice lightning) because te sub does jack all for them (EWH only). there are odd scenarios like ship UQ where fo/et is likely better than fo/te simply due to survivability, the enemies HP is relatively low, and fordruss is lightning weak anyway. for raid bosses, there's no contest though imo.
    Last edited by milranduil; Jul 2, 2020 at 04:56 AM.