Page 1157 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 15765710571107114711541155115611571158115911601167120712571657 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,570 of 16750

Right after the Force nerfs.

What about Fighter even needs nerfs?

When an off class is so good at using other classes' main weapons, that people would rather craft access onto 11*s 7*s to use them as the off class rather than use 13*s as that weapon's native class, you have a problem with your balance. We saw someone literally throw away an Ares Blade earlier in the thread.

Granted, you don't necessarily need nerfs to fix that. That problem is just as well solved by giving other classes more worthwhile exclusive skills. Or any worthwhile exclusive skills, in Bouncer's case.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jun 3, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    What about Fighter even needs nerfs?
    Eh just saying it for the sake of saying it for the most part. Something is bound to be on top. As long as it isn't to a huge degree it's fine, and Fi's skill tree outside of the LB damage steroid isn't that amazing as far as multipliers go, imo. Playerbase mentality is what makes scenarios like 2ch's disdain for non-Fi/Hus, and tends to blow it out of proportion. They don't want the second best no matter how similar or competitive it may be.

I'm more serious when I say Fo needs to eat a nerf, and WB existence was cancer for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Granted, you don't necessarily need nerfs to fix that. That problem is just as well solved by giving other classes more worthwhile exclusive skills. Or any worthwhile exclusive skills, in Bouncer's case.
    And yes this is the other half of it. As long as those exclusive skills aren't just flat-out trash like break SD, or has the mainclass only tag on a whim like JB escape.

To play devil's advocate, I'm pretty sure if PBF was mainclass only, Fi/Bo would die overnight, and it would be a legit reason to main Bo

Sure, no one would want to see that happen, but if actual core-class defining traits were behind mainclass-only limits, you'd see less Fi/Xx abuse with other class' weapons, and less overpriced class additions. It just needs to be handled really carefully to not take away what little freedom we have of mixing up our weapon caches for class combos eg: the ability to competently use WL, and partisans as Te/Hu, and Br/Hu.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 3, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

It's funny because at one point they did allow for more class combinations, but it was on a separate block. It's dead now because...well, take some wild guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    It's funny because at one point they did allow for more class combinations, but it was on a separate block. It's dead now because...well, take some wild guesses.
    Because Hu/Fo is sooooo goooood?!

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

No tagamis, Fi/Hu's only, Shriona City.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    When an off class is so good at using other classes' main weapons, that people would rather craft access onto 11*s 7*s to use them as the off class rather than use 13*s as that weapon's native class, you have a problem with your balance. We saw someone literally throw away an Ares Blade earlier in the thread.

There are at least three other things I could name that contribute to this "problem" (imo this isn't even a problem). Least of all being that 13*s actually are really good on Bo/Hu, except Elemental Stance is a thing so you need a rainbow set to be worthwhile. It's not so simple as "Fighter too strong" or "other classes need better main skills".

And btw Pokemon doesn't play Bouncer. He just made that video for laughs. It doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's not so simple as "Fighter too strong" or "other classes need better main skills".
    There is no 'or'. It's a bit of both with a few other factors that escape me right now. Fi/Bo is the poster child product of both of those things.

Just saying, I'm still of the idea break stance doesn't need to be as strong as ele stance number-wise to be good. Break SD just needs to be removed, give break stance 10% unconditional damage, effected by the 'up' skill, and potentials while readjusting the values on potentials for it to not be totally broken (wink wink). From the looks of it, it took sega more effort to actually make break SD bonus if you ask me.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 3, 2015 at 06:52 PM.

It's not a coincidence that Add Fighter is so disproportionately expensive compared to the others; it's a fighter specific problem. You don't see this phenomenon of classes masquerading as other classes to the same extent in the other two damage types (ranged, teching) because those classes' exclusive skills and traits are actually decently balanced. People who want to use TMGs main gunner, not ranger. Why? Because Sharpshooter sucks with TMGs. People who want to primarily use techs main force, not techer. Why? Because Elemental Conversion ensures that Force will always be superior at offensive casting. These are simplifications, but the point remains that these none of those classes has exclusive skills that hold a universal advantage over its counterpart's.

Not so with striking damage. People who want to use partisans? They main fighter. Why? Because in addition to having a skill that gives them a 20% multiplier as well as activating up to 30 of their skill points on command, they also get one of the few skills that inexplicably works with Velociraptor. The Limit Break/Critical Strike combo is just so much better than what Hunter and Bouncer (I might throw Braver in there too, but I hear nice things about Counter Bonus) offer that the only advantage either of the latter have is ease of use. And we know how you feel about ease of use.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jun 3, 2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: I'm leaving it as is.