Page 1510 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 51010101410146015001507150815091510151115121513152015601610 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,100 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    At this point Sega bit the bullet, but i doubt they'll do something to fix element conversion for good.
    Of course they won't, that's my point, it would make the Atra rod pointless and the EPD less desirable. From now on, they don't have a choice, 14★ will need to balance out elemental conversion either with a pot or SSA. My guess for Austere NT rod, same SSA 4 as Atra, but it's pot will boost elemental weakness by 30% or something. Adding this to a bit more T-ATK will beat EPD.

Does Element Conversion really need "fixing". That skill is only here because prior to EP3 the Weapon Element on Rods/Talis/Wands did fuck all for Techniques.
    And the loss in Damage really isn't that bad. 50% off 60 Element Weapon element is 30% on correct element and 15% on wrong element. That's not that much different from every other class loosing the 60% Weapon ATK bonus from not matching elements (a bonus that becomes larger as more new stronger Weapons release and unless 15* have 70% Elemental bonus I don't see this issue becoming worse for Fo classes) except most other classes don't even have element switching options. Wand, JB and DB being the only exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Yes, you could say that the Atra rod that came later is not as powerful since it keeps the elements at 50%, but considering that a newcomer who makes a few millions can just buy everything he needs to make one, SEGA pretty much gift wrapped the Atra weapon line, so it's normal that it's a bit weaker.
    Atra Rod is barely weaker than EPD if at all.
    EPD turns the 30% boost into a 45% boost, Atra adds 10~19% boost on top of the 30%.
    iirc someone on the Force thread run the damage Calc and the results were a 0.6% difference between a 8s Atra and a 7s EPD which was before some of the more powerful S-Abilities released. With the S-Abilities that are available nowadays Atra would probably win and the -3 pp cost potential is barely relevant with Fo/Te having stupid amount of PP regen now.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 20, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

At this point Sega bit the bullet, but i doubt they'll do something to fix element conversion for good.
    I guess we are all assuming that Austere-NT will be 14* and will have an S4 slot.

Some of us seem to also be assuming that the Austere-NT weapons will have the same S4 SAFs as Atra, but what if that is just wishful thinking and Austere-NT Rod in particular has a very different SAF that doesn't equalize Elemental Conversion at all?

Well, then all you need to do is take advantage of the modular nature S-rank abilities and simply transfer the Atra S4 by sacrificing the Atra Rod to the Austere.

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    I guess we are all assuming that Austere-NT will be 14* and will have an S4 slot.

Some of us seem to also be assuming that the Austere-NT weapons will have the same S4 SAFs as Atra, but what if that is just wishful thinking and Austere-NT Rod in particular has a very different SAF that doesn't equalize Elemental Conversion at all?

Well, then all you need to do is take advantage of the modular nature S-rank abilities and simply transfer the Atra S4 by sacrificing the Atra Rod to the Austere.

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT
    Sacrificing a 14★ for a possible 14★? Ohoho, delightfully devilish, Loveless62.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Except Atra cant be used as fodder and is locked to your account.
    Rip.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Does Element Conversion really need "fixing". That skill is only here because prior to EP3 the Weapon Element on Rods/Talis/Wands did fuck all for Techniques.
    I started during the end of EP2 (April 2014) and element conversion was already there, we got it at the same time as Lv cap 70 I believe.

And the loss in Damage really isn't that bad. 50% off 60 Element Weapon element is 30% on correct element and 15% on wrong element. That's not that much different from every other class loosing the 60% Weapon ATK bonus from not matching elements (a bonus that becomes larger as more new stronger Weapons release and unless 15* have 70% Elemental bonus I don't see this issue becoming worse for Fo classes) except most other classes don't even have element switching options. Wand, JB and DB being the only exceptions.
    Well you are entitled to your opinion, but the fact that the only 14★ rods that SEGA released have a way to fix element conversion and that these are the rods that Fo players are seeking pretty much says otherwise.

Atra Rod is barely weaker than EPD if at all.
    EPD turns the 30% boost into a 45% boost, Atra adds 10~19% boost on top of the 30%.
    iirc someone on the Force thread run the damage Calc and the results were a 0.6% difference between a 8s Atra and a 7s EPD which was before some of the more powerful S-Abilities released. With the S-Abilities that are available nowadays Atra would probably win and the -3 pp cost potential is barely relevant with Fo/Te having stupid amount of PP regen now.
    I did the math myself once and came to a different conclusion, but I guess it doesn't hurt to double check again.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Apr 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT
    Well motav doesnt do anything to EC so were on the right track.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT
    Why would SEGA make a 13★ NT tradable for another 13★ NT? They haven't done this so far, why start with Austere NT? As for why would Austere NT weapons be better than Atra weapons? Well looking at the Fo side of things, if it's not gonna balance element conversion, why the hell would people go through the trouble of getting an Invade NT or OG Austere with whatever huge ass grocery list it takes to trade for an Austere NT rod when they can just buy the material they need to make an Atra? The goal of making new weapons in the game is to have players work hard to get one and keeping them online means more possible ways to make cash with premium, scratches and other micro transactions.

I said it before, SEGA created a precedent with EPD and now they're fucked, no one will want a rod that doesn't balance out element conversion, no one want to get 6 times the same weapon just to have a different element, it's a fucking waste of time. I should know, before 12★ became plentiful, I had a set of crafted 10★ rods which boosted their respective elements by 16%. They great for a while, but they cost a lot of make and affix and eventually became obsolete, so never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Except Atra cant be used as fodder and is locked to your account.
    Rip.
    Holy shit, you're correct!! The only time I've seen this is with Genesis Weapon Camos. Either they don't want you trashing a weapon that requires the Chrono Stone by accident or they don't want you to transfer your S4 on another weapon.

Well motav doesnt do anything to EC so were on the right track.
    Well to be fair, there isn't a single Talis that has this, they have their own boost on the Fo Tree, they don't need this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I started during the end of EP2 (April 2014) and element conversion was already there, we got it at the same time as Lv cap 70 I believe.
    Yeah it released during the Easter update in April, which was like 4 months prior to EP3. Doesn't really make a difference imo.

and that these are the rods that Fo players are seeking pretty much says otherwise.
    Well, duh. If there was a way for people to get element match bonus on all 6 Elements while only using 1 weapon on any class, not just Force, then I'd imagine everyone would want to obtain that. Because the benefit and the amount of money saved is just that huge. Point is, both EPD and Atra are temporary solutions and I think Force players are just blowing stuff out of proportions. 8 out of 10 Classes don't have a permanent solution to to the Element match Bonus. If you want 100% Perfomrance on Loser and Dragon then its gonna require 2 Swords for Hero and 2 Rods on Force. This really isn't a problem.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 20, 2018 at 01:15 PM.

Well, duh. If there was a way for people to get element match bonus on all 6 Elements while only using 1 weapon on any class, not just Force, then I'd imagine everyone would want to obtain that. Because the benefit and the amount of money saved is just that huge. Point is, both EPD and Atra are temporary solutions and I think Force players are just blowing stuff out of proportions. 8 out of 10 Classes don't have a permanent solution to to the Element match Bonus. If you want 100% Perfomrance on Loser and Dragon then its gonna require 2 Swords for Hero and 2 Rods on Force. This really isn't a problem.
    Doesn't matter if other classes have it or not, the point is that Fo has it now and there's no going back. Just take the Atra rod, in order for a new weapon without element conversion balance to simply match the power lost for the other 5 elements, it would need to have 2400 T-ATK and at least 10% power boost for pot or simply a 25% power boost pot. If you've ever seen how slowly power increases in the same weapon ★ category, you know that there's never been such a huge boost in ATK for a new weapon or such a huge pot that doesn't have some sort of ridiculous rule to it, not even for OG Austere.

And also, why wouldn't it be fair for Fo to have something like this to themselves? Every class has something special, hell, back in the Magatsu raid days, people left if no one had WB.