Page 1624 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 6241124152415741614162116221623162416251626162716341674 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,240 of 16750

Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    imagine wanting to pug in a non expert mpa
    I'd rather have an EQ take 5 minutes longer than to play with a bunch of stuck-ass wannabe elites who will keep comparing dick sizes.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of selfish and "elitist" replies, no wonder I prefer to pug.
    The irony is that you're asking people who dont want their hard-earned boosts to go to waste, elitist, when you're completely disregarding the desire of a section of the player base to want runs that don't drag on for an extended period of time due to people playing with really shitty gear and a lack of understanding about the game. That in itself is selfish and "elitist"

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

counterpoint: it's just a game

(i do understand wanting people to respect your time, but outside of eqs/trigs, you're likely just farming a free field for hours anyway)
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

imagine learning to be good at a game you play on a daily basis only to get mad because you can't clear content thats over 1yr's with gear thats more than enough to get you through it despite all the hand-holding Sega's been giving you
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    counterpoint: it's just a game

(i do understand wanting people to respect your time, but outside of eqs/trigs, you're likely just farming a free field for hours anyway)
    1.if you respect someone's time, than even if they're free fielding for several hours at a time, then so be it. What is it about that that seems not enough or valid?

2. Yes, it is just a game; for people to enjoy however they wish. People who take pleasure in playing this game seriously are just as valid as people who sign in once a week for the later evening EQ and spend hours playing dress up and lobby afk. As such, when a mode that filters out said serious players so they can enjoy the optional privilege of higher quality pugs, there shouldn't be so much push back, name calling, and complaints for a filter that isn't even intended for casual players. If it's just a game, then it should be okay to add options that let people better enjoy the game their way.
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 1, 2019 at 12:23 AM.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

I'm not arguing for or against, I've been on both sides on different games;

I just think the whole argument about whether or not it should exist is silly anyway, because at the end of the day, people would likely just make their own parties with qualifications that adhere to their style of play (e.g. "min. xyz DPS to join", that kinda thing).

It's just how we, as people, operate.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

I'd rather have an EQ take 5 minutes longer than to play with a bunch of stuck-ass wannabe elites who will keep comparing dick sizes.
    i know this might be hard to grasp, but not everyone who cares enough about wanting runs to be a *little* bit faster is a stick-in-the-ass elitist. i know this might shatter your world view, so you'll ignore it, but it's the inevitable truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    I'm not arguing for or against, I've been on both sides on different games;

I just think the whole argument about whether or not it should exist is silly anyway, because at the end of the day, people would likely just make their own parties with qualifications that adhere to their style of play (e.g. "min. xyz DPS to join", that kinda thing).

It's just how we, as people, operate.
    It's ironic you say that because the current team I'm in as viewed from the outside by other foreigners is some super tryhard team of elitists. In actuality, 80%+ of my team afk's in B201 with new fashion and LAs most of the day. You know why? Because when those people do play, they go for "tryhard" things like 1lap endless or practicing xq on a class they aren't familiar with. It never ceases to disappoint me how negatively (typically english) people look at other people trying/improving and go "filthy elitist scum!". This isn't to say I haven't seen this somewhat in the japanese community as well, but it's so much less common that it's a sliver compared to the enormous chunk of english players like that.

What bothers me the most is the lack of logic though (or I just don't understand the other perspective). People say new expert requirement splits the community. Are you worried your MPA isn't going to fill because of this or something? Are your friends now not playing with you because of it? What does this split actually do that's tangibly harmful to the community? I've seen so much complaining but no descriptions of what it will actually do...that will be hurtful to players.
    Last edited by milranduil; May 1, 2019 at 01:20 AM.

the only things the split will cause is a larger pool of players in non-expert that are more likely to make runs more troublesome, and a smaller pool of expert players so that being late increases the chance that you'll fill MPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    post truncated to save space
    We are in perfect agreement then. This is exactly my definition of leecher as well. Someone who intentionally afks to get the rewards without even trying. I had one yesterday in Easter EQ, and I didn't kick him from group because I thought he was just having something personal going on.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    i would like my boosters not going to excessive waste when i decided to play with randoms.
    Eh, Neko, please don't tell me you have trouble with boosters . I am definitely spending more boosters than you, and my current situation is this:
    Spoiler!
    Outside of RDRs which I buy with excubes, not a single of these tickets was purchased by doing something I wouldn't do anyway (be if FUN or SG scratch, or just daily loggins, title rewards etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Eh, Neko, please don't tell me you have trouble with boosters . I am definitely spending more boosters than you, and my current situation is this:
    Spoiler!
    Outside of RDRs which I buy with excubes, not a single of these tickets was purchased by doing something I wouldn't do anyway (be if FUN or SG scratch, or just daily loggins, title rewards etc).
    That isn't really for you to say is it? Everyone values their resources differently because it's their own resources. You don't get to say how someone else values boosters, particularly ones that you need to spend cubes on regularly since any endgame content basically demands you to use them to get drops of any value whatsoever.