Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_9 View Post
    All I got to say is this,...

Who would be the last one standing... in the soon to be grueling MP-Bosses... D:

... and use that Moon...
    Hunters with pure attack mags and fury stance

with just guard

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Hunters with pure attack mags and fury stance

with just guard
    +1

All this talk about defense and all I can think is, well, the same thing that keeps being posted.

just guard + dodge + attentiveness = defense

For any mistakes I might make, I have 700 hp tyvm.

(And 700 isn't even that much, I'm just using some bad +30 hp armors with souls)

700 HP aren't going to bring you anywhere at higher difficulty levels. Heck, in PSOBB, even 2000+ HP were useless. Think ultimate ennemies with ohko attacks, the equivalent to the death scythe of the tower ennemies, or the fixed damage chop (well, that one WAS countered with higher HP so I guess it's a bad example).

Right now, I'm gearing my mag to be efficient in its regular attack and in its photon blast. I still am unsure of how much I want to invest in defense, but I know for sure that it will be a requisite at some point.
    However, I still have 300 AC so I guess I can simply wait and see.

It still doesn't change anything to our quandary though. Different people will have different opinions, until all the content is out.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    700 HP aren't going to bring you anywhere at higher difficulty levels. Heck, in PSOBB, even 2000+ HP were useless.
    The scale in PSO2 is not the same as the previous games. I'd be surprised if we ever get to 1000 hp

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    700 HP aren't going to bring you anywhere at higher difficulty levels. Heck, in PSOBB, even 2000+ HP were useless. Think ultimate ennemies with ohko attacks, the equivalent to the death scythe of the tower ennemies, or the fixed damage chop (well, that one WAS countered with higher HP so I guess it's a bad example).

Right now, I'm gearing my mag to be efficient in its regular attack and in its photon blast. I still am unsure of how much I want to invest in defense, but I know for sure that it will be a requisite at some point.
    However, I still have 300 AC so I guess I can simply wait and see.

It still doesn't change anything to our quandary though. Different people will have different opinions, until all the content is out.
    You're talking about PSOBB and comparing it to PSO2. Remind me when players were hitting for over 10,000 damage at level 40 in PSOBB, and also remind me when players had invulnerability frames during dodges or could just guard - even regular guard.

Oh, and, if you're going to compare so will I: Properly timed weapon swings caused enemies to stumble ever so slightly. You could keep enemies from attacking with proper weapon selection and combo timing. I'd do runs in ultimate caves with a sword and god/battle without once ever being hit.