Angry So I FINALLY find the Cake Shop...

... only to have my DSi shut-down on its own (with a full battery) in the middle of the quest.

Now it's doing it without having to come out of sleep mode like it mostly did; merely trying to get the broken L and R button to work by pressing or tapping them harder than the usual ''light press'' gets it to reset. FUN.

I don't remember the last time I've actually punched my controller so infuriated I was while playing, though this time it isn't even about the game; it's about the very console I hold. Which is a first and despite having cared for it all these (what, 2?) years, starts so early already to fail to provide and maintain its basic functionality on the hardware or software level. I dunno, maybe 2 years is 'old' now given my Xbox 360 red-ring'd after a little bit more than a year...

Both screens are busted but why should it matter? It became more of a burden and a gamble to start a game of anything with this piece of filth than enjoyment. For all I care, it would provide better entertainment at being a compact solid punching bag from now on but I digress into ranting...

I mean I WOULD like to casually play on either my gf's or my gf's sister's DS Light, but they also have problem with either both their L and R buttons or just one of them, making a PSZ experience a bit challenging.

I guess I don't need to tell anyone that since either everyone has a DS Light or 3DS by now but the DSi is the worst for any games that (even just remotely) involves L and R buttons... or just anything that insists on having you use the sleep mode. PSZ is just too much for it. Or maybe I've played too much PSZ on it? I know I started having trouble with my R button within 100 hours of USE of the DSi (mostly playing PSZ, since it was the only game I had), surely I mustn't be the only one here who's had issues with the Nintendo hardware... but to have that kick in so early when I'd barely even use the R button back then... eh probably should have just brought it back to the shop, I guess.

On a brighter note: the game cartridge has survived the ''rage quit'' session unscratched. Maybe I'll stumble on some other DS at some point which will allow a PSZ session to be enjoyed without struggle (something like the ''3DS Deo NČ... Light''), but for now my PSZ days are put on an indefinite hiatus.

I'm sorry to see you leave PSZ on a low note. I own a DS Lite and played PSZ on that so I never experienced any of the problems I've seen others mentioned with the DSi so I can't relate.
    Last edited by Atbar; Jul 20, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Thought I was the only one who had a terrible experience with my L and R buttons on a DSi, they are 100% non responsive at this point... you should be able to put a handheld in your pocket and not have the buttons die out on you within a few months.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I have a DSiXL, and while one is pretty much broken in the R-button section, my older one is still in pretty great shape, which I've been using during the underway periods for its longer battery life than my 3DS, which also plays my PSZ pretty well (aside from messing with the graphics, merging pixels and all that). I wish I could give you mine, but I have a feeling it won't stay your bad feelings about the systems in general, regardless about the game's problems... hopefully, things get better for you in the end of all this. :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Thanks for the info about the various ''DSs'', while I still don't think I can shake the bad feelings about the systems in general, I appreciate the offer Chaos Rappy. While I would not refuse the offer, I would really wish I could maintain a DS in functioning order without trouble given the light uses that I make of it. I don't want to remove me as a variable who may have been partially a cause in all this to happen, but given the DSi has been - of all consoles and handhelds owned - the console I've been the most gentle with (mind you, BEFORE it stopped functioning properly, and even then, it took a while before I ''had enough'' [read: now]), so I have a hard time putting even just SOME blame on my end.

My Game Gear has ''gone through war'' and still functions no problem, but then again, it has a nice pack to use for transport... still, as for my DSi, I also barely used it on the road so my DSi hasn't been transported much, though perhaps just the few times I have transported it was enough for it to break it's buttons/cause its random shut-downs. It's not like I was going mountain biking or doing parkour WITH my DS so I don't know why I've had such bad luck x.x

Given the importance of both the L and R buttons (and sleep mode) for a game like PSZ, I wouldn't be able to deal with having intermittent to permanent issues with either of them... so I don't know which DS to go for to avoid having issues at all given that even if I do believe sincerely that all of you who had no trouble ever really never had issues, the ratio of ''people with defective DS vs people with pristine ones'' is still of about 50 50. Head or tails is too much of a gamble.