Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Has the "English patch" been talked about since open beta?

Any idea if it's still "in the works"?

Haven't heard or seen a thing since the NA announcement.

It's essentially not going to happen due to the new encryption on the game files. Don't expect it.

Yeah I don't expect it anyway just went dead after awhile.

I think the first encryption was probably incredibly easy and all these fake wannabe programmers, couldn't actually do anything with a real encryption.

Most people who actually wanted the patch itself have quit PSO2 completely in order to wait for the stateside release of the game, anyways. What's the point? As a result, I've been abandoned by a load of friends, too.

and other people have quit PSO2 for reasons unrelated to the US/EU version. They just sort of up and left without a word. Who knows why.

But yeah, EN patch probably not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CultOfPersonality View Post
    Yeah I don't expect it anyway just went dead after awhile.

I think the first encryption was probably incredibly easy and all these fake wannabe programmers, couldn't actually do anything with a real encryption.
    Hurrrr, it's been figured out since May which by the way
    what they did with v4 was pretty overkill, some encrypted 3 times some twice & compressed
    The problem is re-encrypting them or the preferred method of getting the game to accept the files in a unencrypted state.

It's still being worked on, expect it "soon," etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CultOfPersonality View Post
    Alright man, why don't you show up those 'fake wannabe programmers' and release that your own patch? It's incredibly easy, right?

Wouldn't it be pointless with the amount of times the game's being patched currently anyway? I'd assume people would wait until that starts slowing down a bit...unless that has less to do with it than I'm picturing.

I don't think that matters anymore. They changed the encryption for each alpha/beta, but not for each patch.