Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    No, if he doesn't get banned that would be more evidence to "Oh most people banned was probably not toward being outside and did something else".
    It wouldn't be evidence of anything.

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Default Let's get this straight

Spoke with some of the people working on The Private PSU Server That Can't Be Talked About and those who Helped Create the English Patch This Forum Doesn't Allow Us To Link To (you know, the good guys who want to help the PSO community out?):

A lot of misinformation is in this thread regarding the exploit. I think we need to get some information down as to how the exploit works.

-- The exploiter uses some sort of third party cheat utility (e.g. Cheat Engine) to set your character's player ID to a target player's ID using their own client. This ID is a unique number that is not visible by regular players. We had similar ID numbers in PSU, if you recall.
    -- The PSO2 client now allows the exploiter to move the target player's position around using the wasd/analog sticks. They can also edit your position directly. It's really up to them.
    -- The exploiter cannot see where they're moving their target player to. However, if you're one of those tards that are dancing in front of the spacegate on block 20, the exploiter has an EASY straight line path to "the window" that everyone is fearing. Also because it's the default area where you get dumped at after a mission, this makes the area easy pickings for exploiters to go to to move you, but it doesn't really matter - as long as the exploiter is in the same area, they can move you.
    -- The exploiter, after moving you, sends values to the client to also modify your vertical position. This is a value that can be easily edited by anyone with half decent knowledge of value tinkering.
    -- During all this, the server THINKS that the targeted player's client is sending this information. The targeted player's client, for all intents and purposes, still thinks your character isn't moving (and why would it? you sat there and left it AFK - there's nothing to update).
    -- The exploiter sets his player ID back to himself (this is optional for them). You are now moved to the new position.
    -- You come back and find you were b&'d and/or you get messages from your friends asking you why you're floating in midair.

* From what I can tell, you have to be in the same area as the exploit user. This means the exploit user can easily go to any block and do it. As many people have stated, the best way to keep yourself safe is to log off like any normal person would. Next best thing is to AFK in your Camp Ship or your room.
    * The reason why AFKers are targeted is because this exploit does not work if you're moving around (OR AUTORUNNING). Moving causes your position to be updated almost instantly (e.g. it "snaps you back" to where you were), so it would make no sense to do it on someone who's basically a "moving target".
    * If you insist on AFKing in the lobby for mag feeding, just don't forget to push one of the wasd keys or your control stick before you feed your mag, or after you feed your mag.
    * We got no idea who's doing the ban reporting for people who are floating, but it seems pretty obvious it's not PSOW players, since we're scared shitless of being reported (do unto others comes to mind). It could be the exploit user, an accomplice of theirs who made their own account from their own ISP to look like an innocent party that's reporting others, or a clueless moron who doesn't read PSOW or bumped.org, or possibly a Japanese player who doesn't know about the situation in the West.

tl;dr: Logoff and save some money on your damn electricity bill or take some precautionary measures and AFK in your camp ship or room.
    Last edited by BahnKnakyu; Jul 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

There are way to many variables to just count one of hacking or AFK's suddenly being banned.n I see two of the variables mainly talked about hacking/AFKing. There could be other reasons. I noticed it is nearly impossible for an NA/EU player to get AC. So it could have something to do with that. Anyway I might know what I am talking about. It just something that came to me. JP does run different from NA/EU.
    PSO2 Characters: Dragon Kong, Eria Veltrus, Acro Kaiser, and ship 2 character Darse.
    I am found on ship 10 and 2
    I am a wondering man shrouded in darkness, yet the light of love still keeps me tamed.
    ~The Beauty of Annihilation is everyone I go~

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Well, Ship 8 isn't blargh
    Ship 8 is like, Ship Casual, with 99% Japanese
    Hey thats my Ship!

Ya ship 8 is were the cool cats are... lol. Theres quite a few english people there, including myself.

But most of them are "solo" types. Still, i managed to make quite a few english freinds as well as some japanese ones ship 8.

I love it. No jerky loading from bandtwith loss. Little to no hacking. Friendly people.

Blocks 4, 7, 11 almost always have a good about of people aswell. I normally switch to those when a Urgent mission pops up.

The Original Space Cowboy
    I could be two-steppin, or ravin' to trance...

Curiosity, wouldn't sitting in one of the chairs make a difference, too? I figure if you're sitting in a chair he can't just make you move haphazardly. Unless of course, he gets total control of the character's movements.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    It's easy to not get banned. Simply don't play and then you can't get banned!
    First thing that came to my mind.

Spoiler!
    Kyras- Ship 02 HUnewm
    Kyras- Ship 02 RAnewearl
    Gameguard- Ship 02 FOcast

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok_ View Post
    Curiosity, wouldn't sitting in one of the chairs make a difference, too? I figure if you're sitting in a chair he can't just make you move haphazardly. Unless of course, he gets total control of the character's movements.
    The good people I spoke with said that if you're interacting with a non-lobby object (i.e. the chairs) that your position cannot be changed - the game "clamps" you down to that position and actually updates the server every (not sure of the duration, but it's very short). The problem is, they haven't tested if this makes you immune to OTHER people moving your position versus moving yourself. They just know it makes you immune to your own attempt at moving yourself.

In other words, do one of the other things I suggested. It'll be better for your sanity.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Took a nap, woke up to a 630 error. Oh look, Im still not banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
    Took a nap, woke up to a 630 error. Oh look, Im still not banned.
    Try logging in when the server actually receives requests

Exalted session: Completed! This thread has seriously grown...

Still no reply from SoJ about my appeal, however it seems like one of my RL friends got banned as well [I just got the message about 30min ago when I got back on AIM]. He thinks he was banned because he used Sega's address to buy AC. He hasn't gotten an email yet but he was AFK about a week ago [from what he told me] and when he returned to that account today, he was banned. So, he's not exactly sure how long he's actually been banned. He was on Ship10 originally as a HUcast named Crimmy and then moved to Ship02 with me with the same name. When I got AC, I just had a family friend buy it for me since she and her family are stationed in Japan~ They definitely aren't Japanese, but they live there so... But anyways. I haven't taken into consideration that I may have been banned because of me purchasing AC. But I had someone who lived in Japan pay for me. I might have to try and skype them to see what information they used, because that may be what got me banned. :c

Anywho! It has been an extremely long day of shopping and driving back and forth across town [not to mention the Exalted session], so I just wanted to update everyone.