Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post **UPDATED** PSZ Damage Calculator!

This calculator is FINISHED!!!! Thanks so much to all of the testers that helped me out!

The calculator has taken a full overhaul that took several, several months.

Variable ATP is now calculated for every single weapon in the game.

Please let me know if you have any problems accessing it or you notice any bugs. There is a TON of data involved, so the chance of a mistake (even with testers) is still pretty high.

I hope you enjoy!

Hello Everyone!

I've been on a small hiatus from this game lately, but I'm still here. I decided to go ahead and dust this little guy off and spread the good word! I made this a few months ago and just considered it to be in Perma-Beta. It's still not 100%, but it's about the best I can do.

Below you will find a link to a full-fledged weapon damage calculator. Have you ever wondered how much damage you should be dealing with a Celeb Lvl 5 Gallatin with 65% Native against those pesky rabbits? Plug it in and calculate!

NOTES:

-This is an excel document I created using excel formulas and Visual Basic. Because of this - It will need to be downloaded (not just viewed on box.net) and you need Macros enabled to make it work. Don't worry - I have tested it virus free It's clean.

-In each cell, you will either enter the appropriate number yourself, or you can choose from the drop-down box that will appear depending on which cell you're on.

SOURCES:

Hostile Resistances taken from here (if someone can link me to the original author, I'd love you forever):
    https://www.box.com/s/ba73c489fc294382d3c0

Damage formula (and an incredibly fun thread) from Paromin:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170869

DAMAGE CALCULATOR!!11!1
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Mar 26, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Hehe Thanks Food This will really come in handy later !
    Interested in finding some fellow PSZ friends? Then try out:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069

Give me a shout out! (Daixsue Co-Leader of the acclaimed Chato Guild!)

FC-2194-3652-5867 Nickname

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I knew the guy on GameFAQs who made the resistances spreadsheet stuff. I was actually the first person who was going to do it, eve months before him, and he kinda continued my work, I believe, but in the end, we were just posting what BradyGames made long before us in their game guide, haha... ;P

Another cool thing about the guide was that it also listed all the weapons' variable ATP's, from something like Goof Swatter (whose minimum ATP was a whopping 1; the shown ATP/MST for weapons in the game is the maximum weapon ATP) to the Fuuma Shuriken (only 20 variable MST, compared to Kouga's 80-ish variable MST). I wish I still had it on me, but it's currently in my sea bag stored away off the ship. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

That would be amazing! Though I don't even know where I'd begin to figure out how to program variable ATP into Visual Basic for this. It would be a fun experiment.

You sir are a legend.

Oh hey it's done-ish.

You could add some sort of extra field or something? I dunno.

Also, didn't realize the Goof Swatter had so much damage variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggart View Post
    Oh hey it's done-ish.

You could add some sort of extra field or something? I dunno.

Also, didn't realize the Goof Swatter had so much damage variance.
    If I had the Variable ATP numbers, I probably could. The problem would be - instead of people inputting their own numbers for their weapons like it is now, I'd have to compile a database of all weapons, and people would choose from a drop-box. The Area/Resistances thing took for-freakin-ever, so I couldn't even imagine how long the weapons database would take!

If I could get those numbers, I suppose I could at least try. Just don't know where to find them.

That was my other thought. By the way, if you can, I'd suggest separating them by weapon type, then have a separate weapon category. You know, just so the list isn't visually ridiculously huge. But only if you can manage it.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

As mentioned, the bradygames guide has all the numbers for minimum/maximum ATP/MST values if you need them (it also lists all the weapons' effective ranges as well, however it does NOT in fact list their maximum grind limits, which has lead to some issues on my knowledgeable end when it came about vocally that Pizza Box was the most efficient armor for its 99 grind limit at level 14 to wear when the Guide failed to mention that <_<). If I could get my guide, or you may be able to find some stuff about it online, there could be that... if not the latter, I can provide for the former.

If only I had the technical know-how, I would help do this for you and add all the weapons with min/max numbers and the lists for weapons and their types and all that Daggart mentioned, but alas, I wouldn't be able to until I got my guide back. :<

EDIT: Oh, and in case this wasn't mentioned before (which it probably wasn't), when you grind a weapon, you also increase its minimum ATP/MST value by 2 per grind as well, meaning that its minimum damage dealt will increase too... just thought I'd mention that (though with only a +10 grind, Goof Swatter's minimum ATP value is still only 21 <_<).
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Jul 31, 2012 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Thanks Daggart, that's what I was thinking about doing as well. Sort of like the Area>Monster thing, it would Weapon Type>Weapon.

And Chaos - most of the work I'd do (if I got the variable numbers) would be simple data entry. The actual programming part, though somewhat tricky, doesn't take very long. I just tell Excel to pull from a database. If I can get that guide or the numbers, I'd be more than ecstatic if you could help!

Amazon has a used version of the guide for ~$6.00 plus shipping. I may snag it... idk.
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Jul 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Well, max grinds are easy to find online at this point anyhow, so that's not an issue.