Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default I'm gonna laugh if some of these new bannings were due to CC fraud

I would think most people realize and know, on a site when they ask you to put down the BILLING ADDRESS when entering card info, it's to properly approve and process the transaction with your card company. Putting the wrong address, is fraud and no doubt their TOU has a field that says entering false info is grounds for account termination.

If you did some obvious and stupid shit like putting SEGAS JAPAN HQ as your address, and your account still hasn't been charged yet well......let's just say I wouldn't invest too much in that character if I were you. To assume they at some point would not notice that tons of people were using the same address, an address that not only DOESN'T clear with the cardholder company as the proper billing address, but is the COMPANYS address to boot?

To the folks that did this, are you really this stupid? I wasn't even aware people were doing this until earlier today lol. All I can say I hope nobody charged more than 5 bucks in this way, on a character they haven't put much time on.....cuz uh yeah say goodbye to your account. Which is getting off easy, since if you did something like that in the states you might get a visit from the authorities for entering fraudulent info.

What genius came up with this bright idea anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.M.E.R-X View Post
    if you did something like that in the states you might get a visit from the authorities for entering fraudulent info.
    I don't see how it could harm anyone at all, or if this could ever happen. Fraud involves like, stealing in some way
    address is nothing

My billing address is correct, AND I reported the charges to my bank both before and after charging them, so if I ever get banned I'll know it wasn't because of CC fraud.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

I thought people were just using their regular billing adresses when getting AC? Wasn't it just registering for your segaID that it was an issue?

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Sorry to say but fraud is lie deception etc. So op is right. Fraud isnt always stealing its abit more than that. And i was ninjaed lol
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I see the topic OP hasn't been banned for trolling still...

Um whatever. JP PSU took my money just fine and I think I had to put a JP address too. I used a Tenso address, and all the rest of my information (name on card in romaji, kana, and hiragana) all match up.

I used a legitimate, real address that belongs to me-- not a false address. I also reported the charges I was going to make to the fraud department of my credit card company and my bank, just in case-- before and after. There definitely would not be any fraud going on.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    Um whatever. JP PSU took my money just fine and I think I had to put a JP address too. I used a Tenso address, and all the rest of my information (name on card in romaji, kana, and hiragana) all match up.
    I did this ^

Along with this, PSUJP had some people using SEGA HQ's address for years without a single problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    I see the topic OP hasn't been banned for trolling still...
    If it were that easy, the PSO2 forum would be the slowest forum here next to PSU.