Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.M.E.R-X View Post
    Yup I totally said that

Anyway I wasn't trying to use this topic to say "I totally hope you guise git bann'd!" It was more that, since you (the psow community) are always the main target of code kiddies and griefer types, in EVERY online PS game, that its going to be even more embarrassing if they can also get you banned with silly technicalities you could of avoided had you not gone the lazy and not very well though out route of using Segas own hq address instead of say a tenso address. And thats outside of the actual CC payment issue thats been cropping up. Think I kind of said as much in the OP but defensive people want to make it about trolling or whatever.

Well have fun figuring out your banning issues guys, apparently i'm just a troll so i'll just keep any other findings regarding the CC issues to myself
    The parts I highlighted in bold were what should have been your first post that might have prevented the crazed mob from comming at you with pitchforks and torches I will admit you are quite rude at time but I agree with you this round. The ones who used sega's address and got banned had it comming and should have been smarter about it ^_^ also thanks letting us know we are targeted by others. Im curious why =/ Maybe you could share this knowledge as to why we are targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    The parts I highlighted in bold were what should have been your first post that might have prevented the crazed mob from comming at you with pitchforks and torches I will admit you are quite rude at time but I agree with you this round. The ones who used sega's address and got banned had it comming and should have been smarter about it ^_^ also thanks letting us know we are targeted by others. Im curious why =/ Maybe you could share this knowledge as to why we are targeted?
    This is the only community I see giving the 'hackers' way too much attention (which is why they do it in the first place). People like broomop seem to go way back with you guys

Only reason I can think of tbh

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I laugh at other people's expense when too, but I don't brag about it and rub it in their faces to feel better about myself because they're SOOOOOOO much dumber than me for getting punished for a mistake so small and simple.

I'm sure it's cool to laugh at people who need iron lungs because they used to smoke too... But you'll just be a dick laughing about it in public... /shifty eyes o_o;;

To be fair, though. You really are putting your account at risk doing this, at least if you have common sense or ENOUGH common sense to use Ric's guide. But I'm sure the smarter person won't really care if they found out it was the cause of their ban. "Hey I knew what could happen, guess I fucked up, just a game. Start over or take a break or quit."

So you're still not allowed to laugh in their face unless they whined about it. That's the un-written rule of being cooler than someone that did something dumb without sounding like a douche about it.

Question: did anyone REALLY get banned over this? Or is this just 9 pages of a reaction to one guy talking shi-smack?

edit: Also yeah people overreact just to the WORD hacker around here... Sure most of the time it's justified... But "hackers" generally eat that shit up like fat black chicks and cat fish.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Jul 25, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Yeah sorry it's not trolling to say I would laugh.
    I never said that part was the trolling part. I just find that to be disrespectful. Don't you have something better to do with your time than to laugh at the misfortune of others?

Entitled western kids ignoring a TOU because they want what they want when they want it, and buying AC when its already been said one of the reasons we can't have global servers is due to legal technicalities between japan selling scratch items (which could be viewed as gambling in the US, and you cant gamble unless you're 21) is just dumb on the users part and they should know better. To assume Sega or any company would take your money instead of enforcing a policy that helps them prevent lawsuits that would cost them a whole lot more money, is just naive.
    Oh, right. It's not as if they completely ignored the "Western kids" when they were playing on their servers before during PSO, PSO:BB, PSU, etc.

Oh wait

You obviously have no idea how money works, bro.

I doubt they have the time or money to comb through every account to check for false addresses and actively seek out users outside of japan that are buying the AC, but to assume they wouldn't enforce their own policies if someone reports a user regarding them, is just stupid and yes I would laugh if someone gets banned for breaking rules they knew of in advance. Thats not trolling, thats laughing at people that should of known better but ignored common sense because they feel risking their account which might have hundreds of hours on it, for something stupid like a wedding dress or Yukata, is worth it.
    They have more than enough time, money, and resources to comb through all of that. That's what being a company is all about... being thorough. They. Just. Don't. Care. If they did, this situation would have been rectified in the first week.

They don't really care where the money comes from though as long as they are getting it. It's a Free to Play online game. You really think they're going to bother wasting resources to go on a witch hunt for all of these foreigners? Just because they have the manpower doesn't mean they will use it.

So yeah. I guess we should have "known better" than to buy AC for something "stupid" like a Wedding Dress or Yukata, but history has proven that SoJ more than likely isn't going to do shit and most of us were willing to bet on that.

(Edit: And if you did decide to buy AC, at the very least the last thing you want to do is use Segas own HQ address. At least TRY to keep it discreet. Using their own address is pretty much insulting their own intelligence, and saying to them 'you're too stupid to notice so who cares'.)
    Once again... THEY. DON'T. CARE. When are you going to get that through your thick head? They are fully aware they have 50+ people listed as living in the basement of Sega of Japan Headquarters and they haven't chosen to do shit about it. Why? Read back over what I've already told you and take a look at their history.

You may see it insulting their intelligence, but hey, when they keep the doors open for everyone and anyone, what do you expect us to do? There's no sense in making things harder than they have to be. We have proven time after time again that using their own address or a local food chain address works, so why not use it? As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I laugh at other people's expense when too, but I don't brag about it and rub it in their faces to feel better about myself because they're SOOOOOOO much dumber than me for getting punished for a mistake so small and simple.

I'm sure it's cool to laugh at people who need iron lungs because they used to smoke too... But you'll just be a dick laughing about it in public... /shifty eyes o_o;;

To be fair, though. You really are putting your account at risk doing this, at least if you have common sense or ENOUGH common sense to use Ric's guide. But I'm sure the smarter person won't really care if they found out it was the cause of their ban. "Hey I knew what could happen, guess I fucked up, just a game. Start over or take a break or quit."

So you're still not allowed to laugh in their face unless they whined about it. That's the un-written rule of being cooler than someone that did something dumb without sounding like a douche about it.

Question: did anyone REALLY get banned over this? Or is this just 9 pages of a reaction to one guy talking shi-smack?

edit: Also yeah people overreact just to the WORD hacker around here... Sure most of the time it's justified... But "hackers" generally eat that shit up like fat black chicks and cat fish.
    Answer to your question: Mostly just reactions and a few verbal fist fights in between with trying to prove a point of who is right or wrong. The usual.

Considering this thread was started by GAMER-X, who does nothing but troll, and that this thread thus has nothing of value whatsoever, I think we can safely assume this thread has served its purpose, and posting here anymore would be violating a horse carcass.

'Tis my last post in this thread. I shan't reply again here.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

This is the only community I see giving the 'hackers' way too much attention (which is why they do it in the first place). People like broomop seem to go way back with you guys

Only reason I can think of tbh
    Yeah, he seems to got a history with the forums and I'm gonna have to agree with you again on the giving Hackers celebrity like attention =/ Then again isnt it natural to be shitting bricks like that? And thanks for the answer its amazing what being civilized and giving someone that is branded "evil" a chance :P