Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Not even a farewell announcement on the PSO-W front page? Wow this game really did end in a whimper.

With this series at its end, I'll have to finish my story projects and complete this as my final tribute.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I too was hoping to see something on the front page. It would have been fitting for PSO-World to put something to acknowledge the final end of PSU service.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Not even a farewell announcement on the PSO-W front page? Wow this game really did end in a whimper.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Sep 29, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I too was hoping to see something on the front page. It would have been fitting for PSO-World to put something to acknowledge the final end of PSU service.
    There will probably be one but like a month later. This site has really gone deep down into the shiter. I remember when this site actually had a good database for games and was the place to go to when you needed info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    And for the dimmed out button:

"Click here for the procedure of conversion and refund unused cache of Guardians (GC)"

So yes the button seems to have been related to handling leftover Guardian's cash, though it doesn't appear to be clickable.
    Thanks for the translation.

Now got to make notes or I might forget about the GC conversion day.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Delta View Post
    There will probably be one but like a month later. This site has really gone deep down into the shiter. I remember when this site actually had a good database for games and was the place to go to when you needed info.
    Hell they didn't even announce that the JP Vanilla PSP2 servers are shutting down.

Guess it isn't surprising that they don't post much about JP versions seeing how they've pretty much SoA's personal bitch.
    Last edited by EvilMag; Sep 29, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

It would be nice to release some sort of offline patch, so people can continue playing offline. But just to kill a entire game out of the blue sky is just way to typically for SEGA and i do not enjoy that mentality. Its kinda poor, that can be said for sure.

PSU will vanish forever, it wont even barely have the legendary smell of the best of all the PSO games ever released: The JP PSO EP 1+2 PLUS, which is still able to be used offline on a retro console and its still lot of joy just for the fun to smash some mobs once in a while. It didnt lose its legendary taste but PSU is like a particle burned into ashes, it was never truly big and will just vanish... all of a sudden like a burned particle. Sure i may sound blunt but its just how i feel.

Indeed i was playing PSU actively for 2-3 years in a row because i had guilds and friends so it was in some way still entertaining despite its lack in way to many areas and the constantly watered down condition of the Xbox version (i played). The other 2-3 years was rather passive but i was extremely busy in my life and PSU on Xbox had very few new content to offer. It was not holding the true fans back at all and they was telling stuff such as "PSU does not need updates" and what else, in order to raise theyr mood or simply to create the illusion in order to deliver maximum tolerance about a inacceptable condition. Microsoft made it extra hard to cancel subscriptions and until 2011 i was to lazy to cancel my account which of course ended into a total fee of 600$ for gametime i rarely used anymore. But Microsoft knew pretty exactly why they made it so hard to cancel subscriptions (credit cards, phone calls, answering questions), so it will have lesser users canceling it. So im not truly looking back with tears or sadness, but i just feel like i wasted potential and opportunitys to be more effective, and i wont do the same mistakens ever again, as we all may learn from mistakens.

Potential is actually the holy word when it comes to PSU. PSU had a sheer amount of open potential but only very few of its true potential has ever been used. Because it was close to perfect on the paper but it failed big time considering its execution, that can be said for almost any spot... no matter what kind of spot to look into.

However, i still consider it as a unique experience and it was able to bring my knowledge and skill as a gamer even further, that can be said for sure. The very last stuff i did was to hunt the ultimate weapon "Ely Sion"which was certainly a hard challenge and i was moaning and shouting at my friends in XBL a lot. At some point a guild friend of mine offered me to take his "Vijerina / Power" and at first i didnt want to accept, but after so many failed tryouts i asked for it. Not so much hours later i fiinally suceeded, so it was indeed of big help, and thats what friends are here for. When i did it i finally feelt like endless happiness and it was surely the most enjoyable experience on PSU. I made it on LV. 162 as far as i can remember, which was certainly challenging. At that point i said to me... most friends are inactive and i pretty much saw everything from the game, so i should stop playing it. In 2011 i took the phone... lot of shouting at a MS callgirl and finally i was done for. Thanks to all people supporting me in the "way of joyful experience".

So i simply say thanks for the experience and many of the fun moments, but in overall, the end was kinda to be expected and hopefully SEGA will be able to take over the good things to PSO2 but without taking over the countless of weak spots. The first step is already made by removing the "P2P" condition... grats on that.

About the new PSO2 i cant fully judge now, but it may not necessarely share the destiny of PSU because its a new system known as free to play, with some new sort of potential. The old (payment) system surely is not anymore suitable for PSO-series so the new system may be able to implement some critical changes.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 6, 2012 at 03:09 PM.

Just as a reminder to anyone who had GC left.

The GC to AC or Webmoney conversion page is up. Its a 1:1 rate with the exception of the minimum values. (Any 5GC left will turn into 10AC and any GC lower than 50 will be rounded to the closest 50 multiple value for Webmoney - if you have 35 GC it will turn into 40 AC and 50 Webmoney)

If you convert it into AC you get a Mag evolution device / Pete item which can only be obtained through this method.

The converted AC will be added to the game in December with the mag device code following that.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuKKrl View Post
    Just as a reminder to anyone who had GC left.

The GC to AC or Webmoney conversion page is up. Its a 1:1 rate with the exception of the minimum values. (Any 5GC left will turn into 10AC and any GC lower than 50 will be rounded to the closest 50 multiple value for Webmoney - if you have 35 GC it will turn into 40 AC and 50 Webmoney)

If you convert it into AC you get a Mag evolution device / Pete item which can only be obtained through this method.

The converted AC will be added to the game in December with the mag device code following that.
    Ha ha nice way of them getting some money out of you before they give you the AC you should get right away, What a joke.

Guardian of the Black Heart Danny_Dark's Avatar

Unhappy

So,...I Havent't Been Here For A While...
    XBOX 360 And JP PSU Has Been Shutdown As Well...Oh My...
    PSU PS2/PC REST IN PEACE !