Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Wow. Didn't expect this. I kind of figured they'd go on for ages...
    Coming Soon!

I am...very shocked to say the least.

I'm certainly going to miss the Gurhal System, that's for sure. If there is one thing I miss in PSO2, it's all of the expansive, beautiful lobbies that were hidden all over PSU.

It's probably for the best in the long run, but I'm very sad that the Japanese server had to be closed so soon.
    PSU 360 & JP Player!
    Gamertag: KoNeko1192
    Character name(s): KoNeko

I am surprised it is closing this early, I expected at least another year or so.

What also surprises me a little bit is that some people seem to have thought that it would still continue on for years past now. I mean, I could see this coming, just is happening a few months to a year earlier than I expected.

I suppose THIS is Microsoft's fault as well?

All the people saying that I was wrong when I said PSO2 would kill all of PSU extremely fast.
    To top it all off, Cash shop didn't save PSU one lick.

Looks like PSUJP gets a scant 20 days past Xbox, hope you enjoy it.
    Maybe, and I doubt it, Japan will be nice and give you a final event like 360 had with free cash shop stuff.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    I suppose THIS is Microsoft's fault as well?

All the people saying that I was wrong when I said PSO2 would kill all of PSU extremely fast.
    To top it all off, Cash shop didn't save PSU one lick.

Looks like PSUJP gets a scant 20 days past Xbox, hope you enjoy it.
    Maybe, and I doubt it, Japan will be nice and give you a final event like 360 had with free cash shop stuff.
    Jp will be getting The 6th Anniversary Thanks Festa event.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

With Free Cash shop stuff? Thats what 360 got.

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    With Free Cash shop stuff? Thats what 360 got.
    What is this "free cash shop stuff?" I thought Xbox didn't have Guardian's Cash nor the items associated with it.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_Nessly View Post
    What is this "free cash shop stuff?" I thought Xbox didn't have Guardian's Cash nor the items associated with it.
    We got GC weapons that are junk compared to what the JP server got so don't think it was anything special.

This is really depressing, I always kinda figured it would be around a lot longer than this. 6 years on 3 different servers and I still never accomplished everything I wanted to do. PSU holds a lot of nostalgia for me and it's really sad to see it go now for good. Yeah there's always the offline mode and the PSP games, but they're just not the same. PSU had quite a few things about it that made it stand out. The numerous and rather large lobbies compared to even PSO2 made for some nice places to hang out with friends and take in the sights, and 6 person parties were a great way to make sure you could run missions with more of your friends at once. I'm going to start recording a PSU mission world tour at some point just to have a nice memoir of the online game with some friends. I'm really gonna miss those holiday lobbies. Holy Light Festival (which played my favorite BGM in the game) and Fireworks lobbies on Neudaiz and Christmas on Moatoob were probably some of the most beautiful looking things in the game. It's a shame PSO2 doesn't have a city like that where you can just enjoy the atmosphere, everything is all closed up on a small ship like Clyez City and it's kinda bland looking. Also going to miss the music. Some of the tracks (especially the orchestral ones) were really awesome to listen to. I do enjoy the hell out of PSO2, way more fun than I could have ever expected, but there's just some things about PSU that it cannot replace and I can't help but think back on everything we'll have lost. Watching this game shut down 3 times now after putting a lot of time into every platform is going to be pretty hard to take in.

Oh well, it had a good run, just a shame there's no private server to keep the game running for those that want to keep playing. Infinity is the closest thing left to online PSU now and who knows how much longer that's going to last.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

I must say that this is truly the irony of all things that came to pass. The Phantasy Star Universe series is truly coming to an end. While there is still PSP1/2/2i, and even the offline modes to the originals to hold on to, there was still the online experience that we shared and loved. While I unfortunately had to cut my JP experience short due to a horrific internet connection, I still kept up with it, to see the potential it had to offer.

I will never forget this series, despite the bad rap that emerged from its creation since day 1, I loved it. This game is a testament to good memories, lessons learned, and more importantly, friends.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!