Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tips for achieving the short time limits with S Rank? (Liking PSO2's "quest design"!)

Sorry, I dug through the various guides I'm using... and I'm sure the other day I saw somewhere with tips about completing missions with S Ranks... but where ever that was I can't find it now.

I want to unlock more missions. How am I supposed to get S-Rank and finish these missions in 10 min or less, or 12 min or less?

What are the basic requirements to achieve S-Rank?

Tips for speed runs?

Edit: Example, I'm working on the very first one:

Free Forest Exploration Request
    自由探索許可申請・森林

REQ: S Rank “ダガン殲滅任務:森林” Dagan Extermination in 10 Minutes <---- How??
    REQ: S Rank “ナヴ・ラッピー捕獲任務” Nab Rappy Capture in 12 minutes <---- How??
    REQ: Obtain two” ナベリウス観測素子A” Naberius Data on any Forest Mission <---- Got these long ago
    NOTES: Naberius Data drop in yellow boxes from enemies.
    REWARD: Free-Forest Exploration Unlocked

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by zemog; Jul 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Updated Title. I got my answers, I'd like to discuss PSO's particular approach.

Eazy way it's connect to party and finish mission in team )) Also u don't need kill'em all. Don't correct % how many kill u need, but total not 100%.

To achieve S-Rank, you need to kill enough monsters (I don't know how many, but leaving no monsters behind is a good indicator) and to stay alive OR to be resurrected by a player if you die.

As for speed runs, try to find a party.

For the Dagan Extermination for example, if you have a party, you can dispatch to gather points more easily.
    L.Y.A.N.A. - HUcaseal, 40. Ship 2.

Quote Originally Posted by zemog View Post
    REQ: S Rank “ダガン殲滅任務:森林” Dagan Extermination in 10 Minutes <---- How??
    Luck, or multyparties. My advice is : take 3NPCs with you, rush through the first area, if you're lucky, you'll find maximum 4dagans. You should be able to be in Area2 by 2minutes which leaves you 8minutes to complete the mission.
    Explore Area2, killing nothing but dagans, if other monsters show up, just leave them be. One good way is to find Breeadas (Giant Hornets) they have an attack when they take altitude and launch red eggs. Wait for the eggs to reach the floor, darkers will hatch from these eggs, 4points for each of those new ennemies. You can either keep waiting for the Breeadas to lay other eggs or kill them (5pts each) and keep running in circles in area2

REQ: S Rank “ナヴ・ラッピー捕獲任務” Nab Rappy Capture in 12 minutes <---- How?
    Take 3NPCs with you, go through the first area in about 4-5minutes killing as many monsters as you can. Area2 takes roughly 2-3minutes to complete, there you go.

Ultimately, my advice is always the same : plan everything in advance => time spent in what areas doing what. I should add something if you didn't know yet : the more characters there are in the map, the more monsters there are (a tip for the Dagan extermination)

Dagan you can skip anything but the darkers (that give points). Should be enough to get an S rank, so all you need is to gogogogogooggoogogo

Nobody knows how much is enough, it's different per mission, and there's no way to check midway. All you can really do is kill "a lot" but leave yourself enough time to complete the mission.

Try blitzing right to the end, skipping everything, and see what percentage you get, and how much time you had left. Then adjust from there.

Easiest is to get a large group, since their kills count (as long as you're in the same area, don't have to be that close). They might linger, though, so you can force the boss room or final event and solo that part if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyscillius View Post
    Luck, or multyparties. My advice is : take 3NPCs with you, rush through the first area, if you're lucky, you'll find maximum 4dagans. You should be able to be in Area2 by 2minutes which leaves you 8minutes to complete the mission.
    Explore Area2, killing nothing but dagans, if other monsters show up, just leave them be. One good way is to find Breeadas (Giant Hornets) they have an attack when they take altitude and launch red eggs. Wait for the eggs to reach the floor, darkers will hatch from these eggs, 4points for each of those new ennemies. You can either keep waiting for the Breeadas to lay other eggs or kill them (5pts each) and keep running in circles in area2

Take 3NPCs with you, go through the first area in about 4-5minutes killing as many monsters as you can. Area2 takes roughly 2-3minutes to complete, there you go.

Ultimately, my advice is always the same : plan everything in advance => time spent in what areas doing what. I should add something if you didn't know yet : the more characters there are in the map, the more monsters there are (a tip for the Dagan extermination)
    Thanks, you also explained the missions to me better than I understood them...

How do you take NPC's with you? I probably already have some partner cards I assume?

Thanks, you also explained the missions to me better than I understood them...

How do you take NPC's with you? I probably already have some partner cards I assume?
    To take NPCs with you, you have to talk so the board with and "i" on it, in the camp ship. It's just left when you spawn in the camp ship.
    I'd suggest taking Force NPCs such as Malu (the petite force with pink hair and purple dress) You can get her partner card by switching to Force, get to lvl2 and do her COs.

Or you can use one of your friend as a NPC partner too (if one of them registered themself as a NPC partner)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyscillius View Post
    Or you can use one of your friend as a NPC partner too (if one of them registered themself as a NPC partner)
    That's a cool feature I never new about...

I don't have friends yet... but how do I register myself in advance?

(Thanks for all the help folks... if there is a guide with answers to specific questions I ask, please link me. I don't want to annoy yas with question after question...)

That's a cool feature I never new about...

I don't have friends yet... but how do I register myself in advance?

(Thanks for all the help folks... if there is a guide with answers to specific questions I ask, please link me. I don't want to annoy yas with question after question...)
    I sent you a PM, you can check your inbox

just wait till you get to the desert crystal collection one =_=
    what a nightmware