Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default english patch discussion

I know the other thread was closed. This one is merely for discussion. Please no posting of links that modify the game, and please respect both sega's and pso-world's rules and guidelines.

Imo, the video of the english patch proves it's client sided as they say certain things couldnt be translated like items and weapons because those are server sided. So as long as this stays client sided there should be no reason anyone should remotely know or tell that you are using an english patch. I highly doubt anyone will be banned...just dont be stupid about it. It may be against sega's rules so punishment should be accepted if it happens and it is at your own risk. But client sided things are practically safe unless you gain too much attention or give them proof or reason to ban you. I think its great because it could bring more people to the game and increase profits to support the game. Ball's in sega's court on this one...

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

I'm actually wondering if we'll have to keep applying the English patch to our client after ever maintenance/update. From last night's maintenance, I had started patching normally before I went to bed. I added the english patch just this morning. Then I got on my husband's computer--forgetting about the maintenance patch--and applied the english patch to his client. Then I updated. The english patch didn't work, so I applied it again after his client finished updating and it worked.

So it just makes me a bit curious if we'll have to keep applying it after every official patch. o.o

PSO World peps are pretty dum cuz I mean even the producer supported it plus its only client side can't really tell if your using it or not
    Last edited by jmanx; Aug 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Yeah I don't see how it could result in bans unless you make it crazy obvious you're using it, and that's only if they care enough to disrupt it.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

And Yes, most likely every time the game updates, the English patch will have to be reapplied.

Item names and descriptions are server side so those will not be translated.
    PSO2- Ecto- Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by MissMalice View Post
    I'm actually wondering if we'll have to keep applying the English patch to our client after ever maintenance/update. From last night's maintenance, I had started patching normally before I went to bed. I added the english patch just this morning. Then I got on my husband's computer--forgetting about the maintenance patch--and applied the english patch to his client. Then I updated. The english patch didn't work, so I applied it again after his client finished updating and it worked.

So it just makes me a bit curious if we'll have to keep applying it after every official patch. o.o
    I'm not involved with the patch so take this with a grain of salt, but that's highly likely. Since you're doing a file check when patching, the server sees that the files you have are "broken" and downloads them again.

i'm pretty sure someone will get banned for using obscene symbol chats and avoiding the chat filter before getting banned for using the english patch
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by KyAniki View Post
    And Yes, most likely every time the game updates, the English patch will have to be reapplied.
    Oh well. c: A small price to pay. Only takes a few seconds to extract anyways~

Default PSO2 English Translation Patch

I havent seen anyone post anything about it yet, but it looks like it just came out today, i have tested it my self and it works amazingly

This was Created by Agrajag

basically you go to your pso2 folder and go to bin/data/win32 and then put all the files in the download, into your win32 folder

They have translated the character creation screen, the login screens, and pretty much all in game client side menus.
    Last edited by Tosoto; Aug 1, 2012 at 01:16 PM.