Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding abilities to armour, what the hell?

Does anyone have any luck customizing the abilities they add to their own armor?

If so, how the frack?

I tried to start with adding striking I to a piece, from 0 mods. 80% success. Fine. Armor piece now had one ability, Striking I.

I wanted to go up to from Striking I, to III. So, i figured best way to do this was to add Mutation soul. - Two mods. Striking I. 75% Success. Mutation. 37% Success.

Plan from there was to add Striking III on top of Mutation soul for two mods. But i gave up.

God knows how many times i managed to successfully re-apply Striking I. Then failed Mutation. The reason i wanted to add Striking I then Mutation is because Mutation gives a success % boost to any ability applied at III. In addition to the success % boost from already having a Striking mod on the item. Uh, i gave up after around ~500k and decided i'd be making better use of my time smashing my face into a wall. In theory there are 8 available ability slots, i get stuck at trying to apply two. I dread to think how near-impossible going beyond is.

has anyone got a working method to this? This is far worse than grinding my Dinia Scale to max 10. Which i've done with little hassle and great expense.
    Last edited by Pogs; Aug 2, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

First I've ever heard about mutation doing that....

But you should never be trying to jump between grades like that. You should always go from I to II, then from II to III, and so on (I really don't recommend going past III, too much work for the reward).

I can only assume you where not listening to THIS

http://soundcloud.com/croclo/dodo

First I've ever heard about mutation doing that....
    If you have a Mutation ability attached to the weapon, it can boost the success rate of transferring other abilities. According to Japanese Wiki observations, mutation’s success rate buff starts to kick in once you start creating a Level 3 ability.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-item-...ase-scenarios/

I tried going II to III, not much luck. Even so this is two abilities...Of Eight?

Furthermore, i didn't actually get as far as applying a higher rank of striking. I couldn't even get Mutation on with Striking I. As far as i know there is no consumable item you can use/buy to increase the odds. Just grind/strengthening and 5% attribute. Striking I + Mutation was at 75/37 odds.

Just wondering how much success people are having with the system. I mean 8 slots is nuts, i can't imagine it being done.
    Last edited by Pogs; Aug 2, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogs View Post
    I tried going II to III, not much luck. Even so this is two abilities...Of Eight?
    Wait for the AC items.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

yeah totally normal. specially if its 5* or higher when they say 65% on 5/6/7/8/9* in reality thats 35% chance

ive had 85% transfers fail several times, yes fuck you dodo.
    your better off choosing 1 or 2 star rare untis for base and synth items you will suceed alot more and most units are pice of shit anyway , just get extra units and blast shhot3 mizer power3 styamina vol sol w/e
    its designed to take moneyt out the economy, its well biased.
    also soul and mutation im sure only ever have 50% or 55% with booster chance ever.
    so get to power 3 or what ever first then apply the soul for the highest transfer chance
    prolly 85% and 55% with a booster
    if it fails, tell yourself this is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Wait for the AC items.
    forever waitiing. id sppend alot fkn more AC if i could buy straight item boosters and items that ADD elements if there is none.
    fu scratch BOYCOTT SCRATCH!

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

In my opinion / experience, trying to add tier II abilities is hard enough. Your best chances involve your main item having the ability you're interested in, as well as both consumed items having the same ability. (Typically at 80%)

It is even harder trying to level up the tier II ability into a tier III one (such as Technique II -> Technique III). You'll find that the success rate drops dramatically when trying to go from II to III (50% I think, compared to 80% for II)

Trying to work with an item that initially has no abilities reduces success rate, along with attempting to add an additional ability to your main item (such as going from 1 to 2 abilities; success rate decreases by about 20-25% depending on if the consumed items share the ability you want.)

Also, working with multiple abilities is risky, because you are most likely not going to be happy if you lose one of them in the attempt.

Sorry if this sounds like it's been pasted from a wiki, but these are my notes.

I have been able to migrate Mutation, Ragne Soul and another ability to armor units, but that involved luck, a ability synthesis 5% increase gacha item, a lot of money, and the patience not to throw my controller on the floor when Dodo decides not to give me what I want and take my money. YMMV.
    Last edited by Shinmarizu; Aug 2, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Monster Hunter

When I combine I use (soul + (specific stat level 2)) x 3

to make those I use (soul + stat level 1) x3

I've still failed (soul + stat level 2) x 3 my past 8 times. Trying to make (soul + stat level 3)

-------
    One time I went through the effort to make soul + attack 2 + freeze 2 pieces combine x 3
    Freeze 3 and Attack 3 worked and the soul failed....soul was over 2x more likely than the other two.
    ------

It's pure luck and when you see a lot of players running around with Soul level 3 mutation or ability, they most likely bought a bunch of clothes and sell it for large amounts. I've wasted 4-5 mil and come out with nothing on two occasions when I go on combination rampages.
    Last edited by Leyline; Aug 2, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jumal View Post
    It is pretty easy (not me)

http://i.imgur.com/9fTcC.jpg
    Unfortunately that doesn't really prove anything aside from the fact that some people are either extremely lucky, well funded, have an unholy contract with Dodo, or any combination of these three.
    Plus, you mentioning that the pic isn't from you doesn't help.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander