Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Will they patch Time Attack?

    If you are competing in the TA interrupt rankings, you know what I mean. They never patched the double saber through locked doors glitch on pso v1, but it could easily be done here. I mean, I'm sure the people getting 5 minute times would still be the top even if they had to do everything, but it might allow for some more varied party makeups that don't rely solely on boss speed killing. Until they do, or even if, I guess I would be more in favor of them adding a "true" challenge mode with preset levels/gear/drops and be pure skill based. I don't know, thoughts?
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

    Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

  2. #2

    Default

    Tbh idk what glitch you are talking about but we are getting around 4:30ish and the lowest time is like 3:50ish. there's no glitch. And doublesaber?? O.o didn't know they brought that out already!

    Edit yeah would like a simple map where you have to kill everything that would be nice.
    Last edited by iTz PooKiie xx; Aug 3, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    I was takling about in PSO v1, you could get past locked doors with a doublesaber. If being able to get past barriers in PSO2 is not a glitch, then I don't know what is. Sure, using a PA to get on a high ledge, not a glitch. Using a PA to jump past colored gates = glitch. Walking through a hidden wall that looks solid in TTF is a secret, this is just some kind of oversight, it must be!
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

    Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

  4. #4
    Using the Force Shadowth117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA or something
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    If you are competing in the TA interrupt rankings, you know what I mean. They never patched the double saber through locked doors glitch on pso v1, but it could easily be done here. I mean, I'm sure the people getting 5 minute times would still be the top even if they had to do everything, but it might allow for some more varied party makeups that don't rely solely on boss speed killing. Until they do, or even if, I guess I would be more in favor of them adding a "true" challenge mode with preset levels/gear/drops and be pure skill based. I don't know, thoughts?
    I don't know about that glitch, but you're basing that double saber thing off of something that doesn't even exist ingame yet. Hard to really call that kind of thing.

    As for the TA mission, you should notice that the techniques used to hop the walls DO NOT normally work in the randomized missions which says something. They just barely work and in obvious corners on the TA mission. Now maybe I'm giving them to much credit, but I think those jumps are purposefully there. With PAs that are cancelable after getting some vertical distance, I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. The fact that there are only certain enemies that need to be killed adds to this since you are never forced to kill most of the enemies.

    Edit: Jumping over a barrier isn't usually a glitch. Its not like there's a way right now for us to force our way through it without something like a teleport hack.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I don't know about that glitch, but you're basing that double saber thing off of something that doesn't even exist ingame yet. Hard to really call that kind of thing.

    As for the TA mission, you should notice that the techniques used to hop the walls DO NOT normally work in the randomized missions which says something. They just barely work and in obvious corners on the TA mission. Now maybe I'm giving them to much credit, but I think those jumps are purposefully there. With PAs that are cancelable after getting some vertical distance, I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. The fact that there are only certain enemies that need to be killed adds to this since you are never forced to kill most of the enemies.

    Edit: Jumping over a barrier isn't usually a glitch. Its not like there's a way right now for us to force our way through it without something like a teleport hack.
    You forgot they even put walls that are jumpable and buttons behind them to where you can advance and even a teleporter!

  7. #7
    Using the Force Shadowth117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA or something
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iTz PooKiie xx View Post
    You forgot they even put walls that are jumpable and buttons behind them to where you can advance and even a teleporter!
    Ah yes. I forgot all of the many ways they allowed for it to work :P

  8. #8
    Keeper of Precepts Hrith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    9,195

    Default

    Set gear and level would be the only true TA, this is 'equipment attack' and only very few people are at the same level to compete.

  9. #9

    Default

    What walls are they jumping over? :| Seems fishy

  10. #10

    Default

    I didn't know there were tricks, but there is a really annoying bug.
    I've done it with a friend, and on the second part, where you tp to the top-left area, we were stuck there without any ways to get out.
    We cleaned up every mobs, but the teleporters wouldn't activate.
    And we couldn't even use telepipe, so we had to log out. D=
    L.Y.A.N.A. - HUcaseal, 40. Ship 2.

Similar Threads

  1. JP PSO2 Amduscia Time Attack stuck loading after patch
    By Vetur in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2014, 02:44 PM
  2. C-mode anytimers (C-7-9 then Time attack)
    By Ryo_Hayasa in forum Player Matchup
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2003, 07:03 PM
  3. TIME ATTACK in Challenge mode
    By Aimee in forum PSO: Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 14, 2003, 05:31 PM
  5. Episodes online: how will they do it?
    By RavenTW in forum PSO General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2002, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •