Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

Default dad just ordered ps0...

well i have a 3ds,but i hear you can play ds games on it and i want to try something new so i asked my dad to buy ps0 for me since we can not find it in stock at any gamestop or whatever and i just want to know what i should expect in this version of phantasy star and what would be a good class for a n00b.

Well Humans are the easiest to use, says the game. Really just pick whatever you want to be. That's what I did for my RAcast when I first played this. If you ever want to play add me up!
    Newbie at PSZ for now
    FC: 3783-5872-3360

Quote Originally Posted by Eros_Butyrum View Post
    Well Humans are the easiest to use, says the game. Really just pick whatever you want to be. That's what I did for my RAcast when I first played this. If you ever want to play add me up!
    kk and i will add you up when i get the game because i am going to need all the help i can get since i will be very new to this version of Phantasy Star and thank you.:3

kinda makes me wanna try ps0 but i wanna get somewhere in infinity before i try it. (i just got infinity)

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Welcome to PSZ Ame ^_^ First character you say? Well like what Eros said try out the humans since they are balanced after that if you like magic try a newman or if raw power is your thing go CAST. Either way you're gonna like this game and we may be few but we the psz community is friendlier than the pso 2 side :P

Feel free to add me and I can direct you guys to PSZ teams

Revival 2 1/2: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193866

Team Chato: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Aug 5, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

oh wow...well the game will get here on the 9th. or the 14th. according to my dad so that will give me enough time to pick what guild to join and i want to make sure i am well prepared for playing and be useful to the guild i join so the adventure will be one to remember and it would be nice to make some new friends.:3

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

As a first-gen regular of these parts, I am honored to welcome you to PSZ, and not because of it being a great game, but your choice to get into it at such a late time in its lifetime since its release. I hope that, once you are able to get it, you are able to have fun in it, be it yourself, or if you have online, with the many others here besides myself who would love to play with you as well. ^_^

Hopefully, by or around the time you are able to get the game, I will be inport once more (as I am in the US Navy, currently underway in the RIMPAC 2012 exercise overseas), so that I can be able to play with you soon (assuming you have online), as well as to fulfill my side-role as the self-acclaimed "NFN Senior Merchandise Supplier," to help lend you a hand, perhaps (NFN being "Needz For Newbiez, a collective of people who give newer people items to help ease them into the higher difficulties/endgame story modes, with pretty much anything you can think of, from beginners' starting kits for the really new, or for those who are higher-up who simply have trouble getting aroud on the highest difficulty on their own). I'm well-known for my generosity, and if you should ever feel the need or desire for anything that I can give you, please, feel free to contact me, and I'll be more than happy to give you a helping hand, as I'm sure most everyone else I know will be as well.

EDIT: Oh, as for starting out, as I have played this game for quite a while (fairly obvious, haha), and my general judgment for easing people into this game is to start off with a HUcast. Why? I'll just give you a few examples of my philosphy, with reasons:

--Their first stage lacks a legitimate BOSS at the end of their stage, meaning its easier to get further early on on your own
    --They have the highest HP, DFP, and ATK, and have HP regenration that comes natural to the CAST race, unlike the humans, or the Newmans (and their PP regeneration)
    --Even late-game, you'll still probably want to keep him for using the powerful Ranger-type weapons, like the Lavateinn (most powerful customizeable Rifle) or Frigiand (most powerful adjustable Gunblade)

As for my reasonings for this choice, I'll just give you my feelings about starting with the other characters: starting a Hunter human or Newman isn't entirely the best without previous support for them, as the bosses they face on the first time around can be a bit difficult t handle if you're not ready, though with previous PSO/PSP/PSU experience, I'm sure you will probably be more ready with it than others were starting out with this; I don't particularly recommend starting out with a Ranger Human either, with them being as weak as they are overall, even late-game and decked with the best gear, though I can account for the RAcast/RAcaseals' values in combat; Forces are pretty much the same as always when it comes to these games, where their useage early on implies they're only useful damage will be relying on teching, and with low PP amount and little techs starting out, you'll need a decent amount of money and techs from other sources to help jump-start them instead of starting gimped [though I liked the challenge personally, and started with a FOnewm, the hardest class to start with personally, and leveled him all the way to 100 without even starting a second character until afterwards; Chaosmaster, may he rest in piece, I had to delete him when I realized the most optimal selection of characters to have to get the most of my equippable items and sets, for a FOmarl... ], so only start out with one if you accept those risks like me and truck right on like a boss. ;P

So, anyways, all that aside, if you still need some assistance, be it even related to anything PSZ-involved or not, feel free to PM me, or really anyone else here, I'm sure, and I or they will be more than happy to help you out with whatever it may be that you wish.
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Good game, good game. I have played this game in 2009, and now again (I just picked it up again 5 months ago, haven't stopped playing it since :P) You'll (hopefully) get instantly addicted!

Another excellent choice would be Numan hunter (either gender). While not as strong as a cast, they do have the highest EVA, so you won't get hit as often.

Another hint: Clear the story before playing online. Most of the people I have played along side are very high leveled (nothing below 30). By the time you cleared the story, you should be in the high 20s to low 30s. Plus you get access to the hard difficulty once you beat the game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    Another excellent choice would be Numan hunter (either gender). While not as strong as a cast, they do have the highest EVA, so you won't get hit as often.

Another hint: Clear the story before playing online. Most of the people I have played along side are very high leveled (nothing below 30). By the time you cleared the story, you should be in the high 20s to low 30s. Plus you get access to the hard difficulty once you beat the game anyways.
    You also get access to all the maps when you host online after you clear the story versus only getting the maps of the first three areas when starting out. Oh, yeah, there are also PSZ players who will refuse to do any runs that's not on the Super Hard difficulty (that unlocks online when you reach lv60) so you may want to push to get your character to lv60 as soon as you can. The game works in that the host can only access areas of the hardest difficulty the host can access if everyone in the group meets the criteria for accessing them. So if you get someone in your party, for example, who is level one and everyone else has completed the story, the host cannot access the Hard difficulty because of the one person who hasn't completed the story.
    Last edited by Atbar; Aug 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM.